Dark Theme for SQL Server Management Studio 2017 (SSMS 2017)
Dark Theme works well in Visual Studio and should be included in SSMS. It helps reduce eye strain after long periods of development and debugging.
Robert Williams commented
Please update the dark theme in SSMS 18.x.
1) Stop making us having to uncomment out a file in the config file to enable it. Just ship it enabled
2) Fix the colour of the pop-up menu when right clicking on objects in object-explorer - The first menu list is still grey with black text but when you highlight with the mouse over a menu item it highlights in black. Then the sub-pop-up menu are black!
3) Object explorer could do with being updated
4) Options window needs updating to dark
5) The customize window needs updating to dark (in fact just all windows that pop up from the menu bar)
Just upgraded to 18.5 - I still need to fiddle with the config file to get some kind of dark mode. Come on, MS, how hard can it be to change a color theme in an application?!? Perfect beginner's task for an intern.
we need dark mode. our eyes are burning
As a developer I spend all day using my tools and it's important that they be as ergonomic as possible. Apparently small details like fonts and colors become significant when they are used for thousands of hours. The lack of a Dark Theme in SQL Management Studio is a splinter in the polished cabinetry of my development tools, jabbing into my fingers every time they run across it.
Given how many of your users have clamored for this feature, and for how long, implementing it could save millions of hours of what might seem to be a small irritation, but in its sum is in fact a great misery weighing upon us all.
Christian Mühlbacher commented
Lernen Ohne depperte Nachbaren
SSMS PM: *waves hand* "This is not the feature you're looking for!"
Users: "Uh, yeah, actually it is. Has been for years."
Krishnamurthy, Rajarajacholan (DG-CHN) commented
For how long we should wait?! It seems everything in windows has dark theme except SSMS the most widely used tool! Please save our eyes! Thanks.
Stuart Adair commented
There is a backdoor to having the dark theme but this does have issues with some of the menus not showing properly. It also requires you to amend the configuration XML file used by SSMS to achieve this which is overwritten each time you update a version with a new release. What we need is a Dark Theme that does not have these bugs.
please complete the mission, make a dark theme for the object explorer.
Vic Kirkpatrick commented
How is this even possible Microsoft? LOL, I mean, it's really pathetic.
GIVE US DARK MODE IN SSMS!!!
Everytime I update, I expect a dark mode but alas...
Roger Barr commented
I think this web site is pretty user friendly, its set up for both client service and education. This is one of the best upload\download and educational sites i have ever Seen. Oh, and is far as this dark theme goes, every loves it, it is more soothing to your eyes.
version 18.5 upgrade over wrote my theme customization.
please provide a stock theme list and management for SSMS.
I just want to know because I was researching the fixes and did not find the dark theme available
Mohamed Omar commented
SSMS Setup is done with dark theme (as in the attachment), but the SSMS application doesn't !!!!, How ?
Please try to add Dark theme support as nearly as possible, please.
Dark theme lets go.
Martin Z commented
All the tools around SQL are such buggy nightmares to work with, and *this* is the top request?
We have seen the enemy and it is us.
1. So many other MS products (Visual Studio, Teams, even Windows 10 itself) have a Dark Mode - it really makes sense for SSMS.
2. For those that are unaware - SSMS already contains a configuration option to enable Dark Mode; and using it does indeed activate Dark Mode... just some parts of the interface (such as the record set grid) doesn't support it. So this feature is already half-implemented! It just needs completing...
Elliot Young commented
I would appreciate if you invested whatever amount of money & time that it takes to put the dark theme in the Object Explorer and Results pane. This is not a creature comfort. Rather, this is required for the health and well being of my peers and I. Thank you.
Alex Howe commented
Hope it gets added soon