SSRS 2016 BUGGY
I am trying to convince my employer - a large energy utility in the SouthWest - to use SSRS. But bugs in the software undermine my efforts.
Using SSDT 2015 Shell and SQL 2016 I get the following:
- Deploying one report deploys them all
- Deploying data sources does not change them on the server
- Puzzling bug rsExecutionNotFound for a report that runs fine in SSDT. MS says it's solved - IT'S NOT
- Some reports in SSDT run forever while the query runs fine in SQL
- Very difficult to set global font styles, templates on reports
- Expression editor very primitive - doesn't support old-style cut/copy/paste keyboard commands (Ctrl+Ins, Shift+Ins, Shift+Del), no IntelliSense
Andrew Tobin commented
It still shocks me that you can’t set a Css template for reports, so you can easily use corporate colours, fonts, spacing, etc.