SP1 Setup and locked files
From the Readme to SP1, I get the impression that if I don't stop services, the Setup will do so for me. Nevertheless, on every attempt, I've been prompted about locked files related to the Full-text and SQL Browser services.
I've then opened SQL Configuration Manager to stop these services, whereupon I've closed SCM again. Nevertheless, the next reboot message have been about a DLL related to WinMgmt, that is SCM. Not knowing how to close an applicaiton that is not running, I've accepted a reboot.
On one machine I first ran the BOL setup, before I ran the SP1 Setup. Guess what, a DLL from the BOL setup was now write-locked and required a reboot.
I should add that I've run all installations of SP1 on VMware machines.
Upvotes: 2<=-=Apr 14 2006 11:48AM=-=>
Thank you for your feedback. We are looking to improve the locking files behavior in SP2. Peter Saddow<=-=Sep 13 2006 1:26PM=-=>
Thanks for your feedback. This should be fixed in SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2.