SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server 2017 brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SSMS 17.1 Drag and drop to open .sql files on two monitors often opens the file on the wrong monitor

Drag and drop to open .sql files on two monitors works inconsistently when having one set of tabs in the main application, and one set of tabs on the other monitor. Dragging an .sql file to one set of tabs often causes it to be opened in the other set. This seems to be largely dependent on the last place a file was previously opened.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trigger When Sql Data Sync Group Changes

Please add the ability to create a trigger in an SQL Data Sync Group so that when there is a change in the rows, I can send a push message via Notification Hubs.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make GO a first class language keyword

GO is implemented inconsistently by various tools and so it isn't possible to just take a .sql script and run it via any api (such as the .net sql client) first you need to parse it for GO and then split it into batches.

Some tools also support GO xx to execute the script xx number of times.

The GO keyword is treated as a keyword which helps lead to confusion.

- Detail

Currently clients can send either RPC or SQLBatch requests to SQL Server - if the client pre-parses the query it can split the text into multiple requests…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dont auto change Page Orientation by width vs height

Hello I'm from Indonesia.
    I had problem with .net reporting. Even create use report viewer or visual studio, the problem still common. I had to use paper size 8.5" width and 5.5" height. We called this half letter with alias "Faktur" size. The problem is report automatically change the orientation to landscape because width are larger than height. And report detected as Statement Paper Size, cant be force even i create custom size because the size are same but the orientation is wrong. Even the report detected as Statement, the orientation is fixed as Landscape, cannot change to Portrait.
    The…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Trace Flag 652 doesn`t disable read ahead read manager in a specific case

i was testing different scenario and found Trace Flag 652 doesn`t disable Read ahead Read manager
    While scanning the full index using IAM Structure..
    I understand that this won`t make any effect on the product, but these kind of stuffs are great for learning.
    Tested on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft SQL Server 2016.

Sample Below:

-- BEGIN: BUILD THE TEST DATA
    BEGIN TRAN

select top 1000000
    row_number () over ( order by (Select null)) n into Numbers from
    sys.all_columns a cross join sys.all_columns

CREATE TABLE [DBO].FRAG3 (
    Primarykey int NOT NULL ,
    SomeData3 char(1000) NOT NULL ) …

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SSAS 2014 (Multidimensional) - CONCAT function has different behavior when used in T-SQL vs a named query in SSAS DSV

When using the CONCAT() function in a T-SQL query, the user can concatenate more than 2 strings. When using CONCAT in the source query for a named query in the Data Source View in SSAS (Multidimensional), the user can only concatenate two strings.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 231 232 233 235 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base