SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could not load file or assembly �Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Core�

I was migrating SSIS packages from a SQL Server 2008 R2 server to a new SQL Server 2012.
    When I loaded a package in the SQL Server Data Tools, I got the following error:
    Cannot show Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Applications editor
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Core, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (mscorlib)

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow marking a table as Date table in Diagram View as well as Grid View in Tabular Model Designer in SQL Server Data Tools

Currently, you must be in Grid view in order to mark a table in a Tabular Model as a Date table. I was not aware of this limitation and spent valuable time trying to troubleshoot why "Mark as Date Table" was grayed out. It turns out that I was in Diagram View, where this ability is not supported.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Suggestions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow an option for creating several friendly column names at once in Tabular Model designer in SQL Server Data Tools

Currently, it is possible to give source tables/view friendly names when adding them to the Tabular Model in SQL Server Data Tools. However, the only way to give source columns more friendly names is to change them one at a time, with a mandatory model update in between each change. This results in a painfully slow, inefficient means of ensuring user-friendly column names in the Tabular Model.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SQL 2012 CTP PowerView for MDX

Trying to create a powerview report using the Map object and cannot figure out how to get Longitude and Latitude values into the corresponding boxes in the PowerView builder.

eg. When I try to drag the Longitue attribute to the Longitude text box I the mouse icon changes to a circle with a diagonal cross.

I have created PowerView reports of Tabular data sources using Lat/Lng values ok but this is against an MDX cube.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 4

<=-=Jan 3 2013 2:57PM=-=>

I also tried creating calculated measures to carry the values. Viewing the data using a Table or Matrix view in Power View shows I am getting the right values. However when I drag the calculated measures to the Latitude and Longitude text boxes doesn’t get the Map to work properly.

This does work ok in Tabular mode with another cube.

<=-=Jan 3 2013 2:57PM=-=>

I also tried creating calculated measures to carry the values. Viewing the data using a Table or Matrix view in Power View shows I am getting the right values. However when I drag the calculated measures to the Latitude and Longitude text boxes doesn’t get the Map to work properly.

This does work ok in Tabular mode with another cube.

<=-=Jul 29 2013 2:10PM=-=>

Has this bug been resolved? I still get it with the CU4 for SQL 2012 release

5. Add PartitionName and MeasureGroupName as XMLA elements.

There is no XMLA property for PartitionName or MeasureGroupName, only the ID. For tabular models, the IDs are GUIDS, making it difficult to program against. This creates a challenge when we want to write dynamic scripts to process the partitions by name instead of GUID. Did the namespace change recently, becuase the ID element was accepting the Name as well without error?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SSAS 2012 cube sizes not viewable in SSMS

In previous versions of SSMS you could right click on a SSAS cubes Catalog and select Properties and get the size of the cube. Currently in 2012 SSAS, it does not give you the actual size of the cube with data. It just gives you the size of the structure of the cube code.

Would be nice to get this issue fixed.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 231 232 233 235 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories