SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server 2017 brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Error: Cross assembly or cross domain calls not supported

Build a sproc for SSAS. The function (C#) should read:

public static string TestSproc(Member m)
    {
    return new Expression(m.UniqueName).Calculate(null).ToString();
    }

Deploy that assembly to SSAS. Now run the following MDX query against Adventure Works:

with
    member [Measures].[Test1] as "abc"
    member [Measures].[Test2] as ASStoredProcs.TestSproc([Measures].[Test1])
    select [Measures].[Test2] on 0
    from [Adventure Works]

Note that the sproc succeeds. Now run the following MDX query:

with
    member [Measures].[Test1] as UCase("abc")
    member [Measures].[Test2] as ASStoredProcs.TestSproc([Measures].[Test1])
    select [Measures].[Test2] on 0
    from [Adventure Works]

Note that the sproc fails with the following error:

Execution of the managed stored procedure failed with the following error: Cross assembly or…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Upvotes: 5

<=-=Mar 2 2007 11:31AM=-=>

see discussion at:
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1295682&SiteID=1&mode=1

<=-=Apr 2 2007 8:19PM=-=>

Thank you for the bug report. This is a known issue, we would like to address during SQL Server 10 development. You can try implementing your stored procedures with ATL as a COM server (please use free threaded or Both objects).

We will try on our side to investigate how the managed code registered as COM servers would work. This would avoid the AppDomain issue but bypass code security. If we have positive results, we will keep you posted.

<=-=Jan 7 2008 5:14PM=-=>

Works just like AS2005 in the AS2008 Nov CTP. Any update?

2. FormatString not available on linked measure group measures

The property FormatString is not available on linked measure group measures. Internally it is copied from the linked measure group at creation time and stored in the .cube file. It cannot be changed by graphical editor, you have to manually edit the .CUBE XML file.
    It is a big issue when you change the FormatString property into the original cube, because similar changes are not propagated to the linking cubes.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Fulltext Service doesn't work with some system iFilters ( mimefilt.dll ) on Vista

I use FullText Service for indexing e-mails which are stored in DB. Also I use system mimefilt.dll iFilter. All works fine on XP, Server2003 but doesn't work on Vista.
    After creation a fulltext index I found the following in Application Log.

"Errors were encountered during full-text index population for table or indexed view '[gm81_35].[dbo].[MAILBOX]', database 'gm81_35' (table or indexed view ID '309576141', database ID '20'). Please see full-text crawl logs for details."

In fulltext logs are -
    "2008-09-12 19:12:30.13 spid18s Error '0x8007007e' occurred during full-text index population for table or indexed view '[gm81_35].[dbo].[MAILBOX]' (table or indexed view ID '309576141', database…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 1

<=-=Sep 19 2008 4:49PM=-=>

Thanks for the feedback. We are investigating this issue and will let you know our findings.

Thanks again.

<=-=Mar 17 2009 1:04PM=-=>

We have fixed this issue for our next major release, and provided a workaround for the time being. Closing this item therefore.
    Thanks again for your feedback!

<=-=Oct 21 2009 5:13AM=-=>

Fixed the bug upsize but does not work again…

Fulltext Service still doesent work with mimefilt.dll
    mimefilt.dll reads the object of the mail but not the body.
    Test on SQL Server 2008 Release 10.0.2531
    Windows XP Home Edition

<=-=Nov 5 2010 1:42PM=-=>

Thankyou for your patience on this investigation. We have identified the issue with improper handling of environment variables in the filter path. This issue now has been verified and fixed in the next release of SQL Server. You should be hearing about a Technology Preview version soon. Please verify…

4. SSIS Script Task passed in read only variable is updateable

When an SSIS variable is passed to a Script Task Component, the variable is updateable despite being defined within the ReadOnlyVariables attribute of the component.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 7

<=-=Sep 22 2008 12:33PM=-=>

I swear I’ve seen this error out before as well… I guess I’m not sure now on which version though.

<=-=Sep 22 2008 1:43PM=-=>

See the following forum post for an explanation as to why this occurs, it appears to not be a bug.

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3909147&SiteID=17&mode=1

<=-=Sep 22 2008 2:13PM=-=>

I disagree, and think it should be a bug. If it says ReadOnly, it should be enforced as such. If it’s not designed to be ReadOnly, then don’t call it that.

<=-=Sep 23 2008 1:18AM=-=>

Perhaps qualification is then required of what ReadOnlyVariables is actually defining as I feel it is somewhat unclear.

Current definition in Books Online (ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/MS.VSIPCC.v80/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/uirfsql9/html/93da0e0d-83f5-406d-b144-4cce216571cb.htm)

ReadOnlyVariables:
    Type a comma-separated list of read-only variables (without spaces) that are available to the script.

Is it the locking status of the variable data and within the scope of…

5. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 0

<=-=Jun 22 2009 12:32AM=-=>

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting this issue. We investigated that this issue could be a manifestation of multiple issues. One of them (feedback Id 390501)will be fixed in the coming CUs.We will investigate this issue further and update this space.
    Regards
    Vinod

6. RepeatHeaderOnEachPage has no effect when set in Tablix Properties

Checkboxes in Tablix properties dialog for RepeatHeader and have no effect. You can create a report with a simple table and wether you turn on or off the checkboxes the headers will repeat.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 7

<=-=Nov 7 2008 12:34AM=-=>

Thanks for the feedback. This is a known usability issue with tablix in this release. There are actually two ways to get this behavior in 2008, and the checkboxes in the property dialog control only one of them (they will create the desired behavior in a matrix-style tablix). The other way to get this behavior, which is what you typically need in a table-style matrix, can also be done within the UI, as described in this blog post:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/robertbruckner/archive/2008/10/13/Repeat-Header-And-Visible-Fixed-Header-Table.aspx

We are looking to make this much easier in a future release.

7. SSIS100: OLE DB Component SQL Parser Doesn't Parse

Hi,

the OLE DB component's SQL parser doesn't understand most simple SQL Server SQL statements like "DECLARE @a NVARCHAR(50) SELECT @a = ?".

Either it should be documented what I can do (and more important, what it *can't* do and why) or the component should be amended to understand SQL.

TIA,
    Axel Dahmen

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 1

<=-=Oct 8 2008 12:05PM=-=>

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it.

We will investigate this issue in a few weeks and update you on our progress.

Thanks,
    SSIS Team.

<=-=Oct 13 2008 2:42PM=-=>

Hi,
    The syntax error is external to SSIS, it comes from OleDb provider when preparing the sql command fails. Further more, it is not apparant what you are trying to achieve. The OLE DB Command transformation is useful to perform an operation against a database table. The statment typically inserts, updates, or deletes rows in the table and is run for every row in the dataflow. The link provides more information on what and how information on this transform.(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms141138.aspx)

Thanks,
    SSIS

<=-=Oct 14 2008 2:46AM=-=>

Actually I don’t grasp what the difference is between …
    EXEC SomeProc ?, ?, ?”
    … and …
    DECLARE @a INT, @b INT,…

8. Drillthrough returns incorrect records when default member is not ALL

Lets say I have dimension [dim1] with one attribute that has 2 members: [Yes] and [No].
    For the attribute property [IsAggregatable] is set to True.
    For the attribute property [DefaultMember] is set to member [Yes].
    This dimension is used in the cube. There are no actions defined in the cube, but default drillthrough action works.
    I create Excel 2007 report on that cube. When I add dimension [dim1] to report and do drillthrough on [Yes] or [No] member I am getting correct results. When I try to do drillthrough on GrandTotal of that dimension, I am getting results for member…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 6

<=-=Oct 24 2008 10:35AM=-=>

Thank you Vidas for reporting the problem.

We going to take a look at it.

Please let us know if this is an urgent issue for you.
    Edward Melomed.

<=-=Oct 6 2009 4:22PM=-=>

I think this is a bug in Excel 2007. I see the same behavior. When I specifically select the All Member in the filters section of excel and drill-through on dimension where the default member has been set to something other than the All Member the drill-through reports does not show data related to the all member. (it shows data for the default member.)

<=-=Jul 20 2014 5:17PM=-=>

Hey MSFT… Can we get an update on this one?
    Cheers

Josh

9. How to persist a calculated GEOMETRY or GEOGRAPHY column

I'm trying to create a table under SQL Server 2008 containing a GEOMETRY column and a calculated variation thereof.

The problem with this is it results in the following error:

Msg 4994, Level 16, State 1, Line 2 Computed column 'BufferedGeometry' in table 'Test' cannot be persisted because the column type, 'geometry', is a non-byte-ordered CLR type.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 10

<=-=Oct 29 2008 9:25AM=-=>

The PERSISTED attribute should be available for any deterministically computed column.

<=-=Nov 13 2008 2:42PM=-=>

Hi Craig,

This a known issue we pushed to get fixed in Katmai but did not make the bar in time for the release. We do not currently support persisted computed columns for CLR types that are not byte ordered, but your feedback helps our case to remove this limitation in the next release. Triggers, as you said, may be your best bet at this point.

THanks,
    Goldie

<=-=Sep 14 2009 1:18PM=-=>

Hi Craig,

Yes, triggers are current option. This is something that we will consider for the next release.

I’m resolving this item, please respond if you have any further questions….

Thanks,
    Milan

<=-=Oct 26 2011 1:56PM=-=>

Testing this against Denali CTP3 and it appears to be fixed. :)

10. Empty XML Result SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2008

When running a SELECT statement in SSMS on a table containing an XML column that contains a (large?) XML document the SSMS returns an empty string. Running the same query on a Server 2003 box pointing to the 2008 box yields the appropriate result. My Server 2008 Box has the following installed:
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.3042.00
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.3042.00
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.0.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.1434
    Operating System 6.0.6001

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=Jan 6 2009 8:21PM=-=>

Thanks for reporting this issue… could you please forward me or append a simple sample script and document where we can repro/investigate it?

Thanks
    Michael (mrys at microsoft dot com)

<=-=Jan 30 2009 9:02AM=-=>

Michael – I just emailed you a script that should recreate this issue.

<=-=Nov 5 2009 2:03AM=-=>

We are having the same problem. Is there any progress on this issue?

Details of our problem.
    Simple table with one xml column containing 5000+ lines of xml
    This is on the server (SQL 2005 V9.0.4035, Windows 2008 Server Standard Edition on Latest Service Pack etc.)

Connect From Desktops and select from the table the results are as follows:

From XP sp3 Running SQL 2005 V9.0.4035 we see the xml hyperlink in the results
    From Vista sp1 Running SQL 2005 V9.0.4035 we see an empty string in the results
    From Windows 2008…

11. Unhandled Exception in SQL Server 2008 Express install process

When installing SQL Server 2008 Express in either a bootstrapper or non-bootstrapper situation, on certain machines the Installer fails with an unhandled exception. This exception will always happen during the installation process on computers affected, and there doesn't seem to be an obvious workaround.

Bootstrappers will fail with an unknown error during installation; the SQL Server 2008 redistributable will report an unhandled exception and then close.

All machines on which this error has occurred have been running Win XP SP3 in a domain-controlled environment. Each user has been a designated local administrator.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=Nov 4 2008 1:58PM=-=>

Thanks for contacting us. For us to figure this issue out, we need the full log files. It appears SQL Server 2005 Express is installed and when the product is accessed setup ends up failing. In the newest log folder, there should be a *.CAB file. Can you provide us this file?

Thanks,
    Peter Saddow [Microsoft]

<=-=Nov 12 2008 1:57PM=-=>

I’m attaching the file I was handed below.

<=-=Dec 12 2008 3:43PM=-=>

Hello I have the same problem

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

• Exception Text **************
      System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize —> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 1. (C:\Documents and Settings\dtarczynski\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft_Corporation\LandingPage.exe_StrongName_ryspccglaxmt4nhllj5z3thycltsvyyx\10.0.0.0\user.config line 1) -→ System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 1.
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
      at…
  12. SQL 2008 Reporting Services is missing many HTML tags that are commonly used

I was so happy to hear that SQL 2008 Reporting Services was finally going to support HTML markup inside of the text boxes, but so far I have found it to be very limited. Let me run through some examples, and hopefully someone out there can provide some recommendations or tell me why they may have been omitted from the final product:

1. Subscript and Superscript do not work when setting HTML markup type. For instance, my database contains the following string of data: "Example Data with <sub>Subscript</sub>". The Sub script HTML tags are not interpretted correctly. So then I…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 53

<=-=Feb 20 2009 11:40AM=-=>

Whats the status on this? It’s been open for about 4 months now and I have not heard back from anyone… Thanks.

<=-=Mar 30 2009 9:30AM=-=>

I am having the same issue with superscript (you are not alone). I have tried countless work-a-rounds without a workable solution. Custom code to produce an image doesn�t export as text to excel. Two text boxes next to each other only worka when the first text box is right aligned.

Microsoft: Is this in a list somewhere of planned fixes. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

<=-=Oct 3 2009 2:43PM=-=>

It seems microsoft connect was updated and reformatted some of my entrys, specifically where I put in the HTML unicode for MU. It should be listed as: & # x 03BC (i put in spaces here so it would get posted correctly). That is what gets outputted instead…

13. SSMS Connection Remembering doesn't always work

When connecting to Servers (using New Query or Object Explorer) in SSMS I will sometimes go in and make changes to the advanced options. One of the changes I made was to select a default database (instead of <Default>) because at the time the default on my account was offline. When I went back to change it to <Default> - it will connect but not remember the setting for the next time.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 3

<=-=Jul 1 2009 12:08PM=-=>

Hi Joseph,
    Thank you for your feedback on the behavior of the connection dialog. We will consider this for a future release of SQL Server after the SQL Server 2008 R2 release.
    Thank you,
    Bill Ramos

<=-=May 22 2011 3:01AM=-=>

Hi:

We were tracking this issue through another bug. Hence we are closing this as a duplicate. I quote the workaround to avoid this problem here:

Refer to:
    http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/124842/remember-password-option-is-not-remembered-in-registered-server-properties

The only change that we suggest is, please do not delete the sqlstudio.bin file (as suggested in the post above). Rename it to some other file.

Cheers,
    Chandramouli | PRogram Manager | SQL Server Manageabilty

14. Entity Framework makes slow queries

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right to place to post this..
    The Entity Framework makes strange queries when the query could be so much faster.

SELECT
    1 AS [C1],
    [Extent1].[ItemID] AS [ItemID],
    [Extent1].[Rank] AS [Rank],
    [Extent1].[LastUpdate] AS [LastUpdate],
    [Extent1].[ParameterID] AS [ParameterID]
    FROM [PropertyBag].[Item] AS [Extent1]
    INNER JOIN [PropertyBag].[Parameter] AS [Extent2] ON EXISTS (SELECT
    cast(1 as bit) AS [C1]
    FROM ( SELECT cast(1 as bit) AS X ) AS [SingleRowTable1]
    LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT
    [Extent3].[ParameterID] AS [ParameterID]
    FROM [PropertyBag].[Parameter] AS [Extent3]
    WHERE [Extent1].[ParameterID] = [Extent3].[ParameterID] ) AS [Project1] ON 1 = 1
    LEFT OUTER JOIN (SELECT
    [Extent4].[ParameterID] AS…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=Dec 23 2008 12:30PM=-=>

Wim Sql Server,

Thank you for the bug report. We are looking at creating better t-sql in the next release of the .NET Framework (the .net framework 4.0). We are currently looking at areas of optimization and focusing on both the reduction of joins and removing null checks are areas we are looking at. I’d like to get your scenario to see what is happening and why so that we can make sure our work would address your sceanrio. Can you attach your model and database schema creation script so I can reproduce this on our end? Also, was your original query in LINQ or Entity SQL?

Thanks,

Carl Perry
    Program Manager Entity Framework

<=-=Jan 1 2009 12:00PM=-=>

I am also having this issue. I’m sure you are already aware of this simple case, but I’ll describe it anyway.

I have a…

15. Reordering an XML column

Reordering an XML column in SQL server management studio's results grid affects the "View XML" feature.
    Clicking on a cell of an XML column shows wrong data.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=May 2 2011 8:50AM=-=>

Hi DamiLaufer
    Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. We have investigated and found this is a known bug that has not made it to the top of our list yet. I’m resolving this item for now, but do have a work item tracking it.

Thanks,
    -Sam Hughes

16. Attempted to read or write protected memory in SQLXMLBulkLoad

I am using SQLXML Bulk Loader to load data in my XML File. I have written a XDR Schema File and able to load it in my SQL Server 2005 Db.

But sometimes I am getting Attempted to read or write protected memory in SQLXMLBulkLoad

I am not sure what might cause this error.

Please help me

Regards,
    Shiv

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=Nov 8 2008 9:41PM=-=>

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Shiv

<=-=Nov 24 2008 1:17AM=-=>

Please let me know if you need more information
    Thanks
    Shiv

<=-=Jan 15 2009 10:40AM=-=>

I’ve been unable to repro this locally, but perhaps I’m missing something.

Can you use ADPlus to take a dump file of the process when the access violation occurs? The tool is described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286350/

Thanks.

<=-=Feb 3 2009 12:58AM=-=>

Thanks a lot for reply.

17. ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION slows down deallocation of index pages

I have simple queue implementation that is based on the following 2 statements

-- Get qualified record
    SELECT TOP 1 @ID = ID
    FROM dbo.TestTBL
    WHERE StatusID = 40
    ORDER BY Priority, RequestedDate

-- Update record status
    UPDATE dbo.TestTBL WITH (PAGLOCK)
    SET StatusID = 45
    WHERE ID = @ID

First select performs index seek via covering non clustered index on (StatusID, Priority, RequestedDate) which should equate to 3-4 page reads.

Second update effectively deletes non clustered index rows from StatusID=40 pages and inserts them to StatusID=45 pages.

Unfortunately index pages being emptied by the above update are not de-allocated soon…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 4

<=-=Nov 13 2008 9:44AM=-=>

Thansk for your feedback. As you had discussed this Tengiz, When the versioning is enabled we no longer can immediately de-allocate pages on deletes (despite all the rows are logically gone, we still leave ghost records behind and the page is not actually empty as otherwise version scans would not be able to retrieve the records before the delete). In order to make things even worse, the ghost cleanup that eventually occurs later on when the interested snapshot transactions are gone, only de-allocates b-tree pages, but not heap pages as the heap page removal requires a table level exclusive lock which the ghost cleanup does not take.

We will look into this issue as part of next release.

<=-=Sep 28 2009 2:45PM=-=>

I noticed that status was changed to closed. Does it mean that this behavior will never be fixed?

Thanks, Sergey.

18. Spatial Data: Bug in STUnion

There seems to be a bug when combining multiple polygons (data type geography) in a row by using the function STUnion(). The first two polygons can be joined correctly, but each following STUnion produces holes/gaps at the edges where the two polygons touch each other.
    I tried it with polygons that have exactly the same border points (no touching point-on-line). (See "Steps to Reproduce" for an example, the gaps are visible as thin lines)
    It seems there are rounding errors in the result of STUnion so that following STUnions with neighbor-polygons don't fit any more.

2009-02-06
    The problem is not…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Upvotes: 16

<=-=Nov 25 2008 3:58PM=-=>

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback here, it looks like you have found an actual big. We usually skip the projection round trip on input points and retrieve original coordinates from metadata. However, when we have coincident points with different metadata the scanner erases the metadata, and the points are subjected to the round-trip error. We will explore a fix for the next release. For possible work arounds in the meantime:

1) run buffer with small distance on union result to remove tiny cracks
    2) combine all shapes in a geometry collection and force self-union by doing: gc.STUnion(gc.STStartPoint())

Option 2 is more efficient, but may not remove all cracks. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Goldie

<=-=Feb 13 2009 1:36PM=-=>

Hello again,

Just to let you know, we have checked in a fix for this. Unfortanately, it’s not scheduled to be released until SQL11 unless we can…

19. SPLIT PARTITION is causing an abnormal LOG growth with the simple recovery model

I have a big database (400 GB) with a big table (120GB).
    In a development server, I partitioned the big table into 5 partitions (5 filegroups, 1 file per filegroup), and I left intentionally a significant part to simulate the periodical maintenance process of splitting.
    The recovery model is set to simple, to minimize the log growth.
    Then, I split the remaining data rows into a new created file/filegroup.

The result is correct, but the transaction log grows until 220 GB, even with the simple recovery model.
    �What is happening?

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=Nov 12 2008 2:58PM=-=>

can you please send me your script. I assume you are splitting a partition that contains 20% of the rows (so around 25 GB worth of data.

<=-=Nov 13 2008 12:55AM=-=>

Yes, the partition that I split is 27,83% of total rows (look at the test output in the script).
    thanks in advance

BEGIN SCRIPT

—Create files, filegroups, function and partition scheme
    ALTER DATABASE [NavID] SET RECOVERY SIMPLE
    GO

ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILEGROUP [FG_T32_01]
    ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILEGROUP [FG_T32_02]
    ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILEGROUP [FG_T32_03]
    ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILEGROUP [FG_T32_04]
    ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILEGROUP [FG_T32_LAST]
    GO

ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILE ( NAME = N’NAVID_T32_01’, FILENAME = N’F:\SQL\NavID\NAVID_T32_01.ndf’ , SIZE = 1024000KB , FILEGROWTH = 1024000KB ) TO FILEGROUP [FG_T32_01]
    ALTER DATABASE [NavID] ADD FILE ( NAME = N’NAVID_T32_02’, FILENAME = N’F:\SQL\NavID\NAVID_T32_02.ndf’ , SIZE =…

20. Incorrect results received - Multiple attribute hierarchies from the same dimension and multiselect in the where clause

We receive incorrect results when 2 attribute hierarchies from the same dimension are used in the �where� clause. One attribute hierarchy has Multi-Select (set) and the other selects a single member. In order to receive correct results we need to add an attribute hierarchy that contains the contents of the name column for the Key member. Why?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

<=-=Nov 26 2008 12:09PM=-=>

Ccourim!

Thanks a lot for reporting the problem to us.

If this urgent for you, please contact customer support.

The Analysis Services Team.

<=-=Feb 8 2011 5:21PM=-=>

Thanks for reporting this issue. We agree that this behavior is not the behavior that is desired by our customers. We implemented things in this way as a compromise because we didn’t have time in that release to do something a bit more comprehensive.

We do have an open work item to change this behavior in some future release, but cannot guarantee precisely when such a change will be implemented. In the interim, the workaround that you have implemented for this case should work fine.

Thanks,
    Howie Dickerman
    Analysis Services Product Team

<=-=Mar 3 2011 10:24PM=-=>

Thank you for reporting this problem – it’s a known issue about which we’ve gotten feedback from several customers.
    A future…

• Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base