Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Microsoft Q&A or Stack Overflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Installation is not working

Latest version of SMSS is not insalling; error issued.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to import login credentials to SSMS 18.0 using SqlStudio.bin?

I migrated from SSMS 14.0 to SSMS 18.0 and I would like to keep login credentials list, that is stored in SqlStudio.bin
    However it looks like SSMS 18.0 does not more use SqlStudio.bin for keeping login credentials, instead it keeps it in UserSettings.xml file.
    How am I able to import those settings from SqlStudio.bin to UserSettings.xml?
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. full download

why to download whole package for every updates..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open source dacpacs

Development on dacpacs is mostly dead and has been for years. It is in desperate need of updating to support modern SQL features. For example, CREATE OR ALTER syntax has existed since SQL 2016 and dacpacs still don't support it.

Please open source the technology so the community can contribute and improve this technology.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Formating text in text field an save the format

For the future it is very nice when I can formating text in text field an save the format

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SQL Server 2019 installation in SLES abort with `sudo zypper install -y mssql-server`

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/linux/quickstart-install-connect-suse?view=sql-server-ver15#install

As described in the above page, even if you download the Microsoft SQL Server 2019 SLES repository configuration file and refresh the repository, the sudo zypper install -y mssql-server command fails to verify the signature with the public key. And the installation abort with warning.
    Perhaps there is a leak in the product team's CD process that is deploy mssql-server-2019.repo i think. please confirm.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add SQL Server Reporting Services upgrades to Windows Update Catalog

Request to add SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) upgrade to windows update catalog.
    Since version 2016, SSRS is separate from SQL Server Engine setup.exe. SQL Server has cumulative updates and security patches which can be installed in an enterprise via WSUS. However SSRS updates do not show up on the catalog. Can these be added?

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=SQL%20Server%20Reporting%20Services

only finds updates to SSRS back from SQL Server 2016. Where is 2017 and 2019?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SQL server 2019 installation fails with error 1639

The SQL server 2019 installation fails, please help with the issue

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GLIBC_2.18 not found

Olá a galera,
    Estou com um problema para instalar o MSSQL no meu servidor Centos
    No momento da instalação do MSSQL, ao executar o comando
    sudo /opt/mssql/bin/mssql-conf setup
    e seguir os passos da instalação, após inserir a senha de administrador do sistema do SQL Server, é exibido a mensagem abaixo:

/opt/mssql/bin/sqlservr: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.18' not found (required by /opt/mssql/bin/../lib/libc++abi.so.1)
    Falha na instalação inicial do Microsoft SQL Server. Consulte o ERRORLOG
    em /var/opt/mssql/log para obter mais informações.
    Porém, não é criado nenhum arquivo de log para mais informações.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Poor transaction handling causes CU upgrade to fail

On every upgrade (CU, SP etc) the install process runs the script msdb110_upgrade.sql.

I have spotted a few places where the error handling is not good. Consider this passage:

BEGIN TRY

EXEC sp_grantdbaccess @loginame = @owner_name
    END TRY
    BEGIN CATCH
    RAISERROR('A problem was encountered ...', 10, 127) WITH LOG
    END CATCH

The CATCH handler should include the line

IF @@trancount > 0 ROLLBACK TRANSACTION

sp_grantdbaccess, a remnant from SQL 2000, includes this passage:

exec (@stmtU)

if @@error <> 0
    begin
    ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
    return (1)
    end

But the ROLLBACK will of course never be executed, if the error is caught by…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need DOWNLOADABLE offline help that can be installed on an ISOLATED NETWORK

Need DOWNLOADABLE offline help that can be installed on an ISOLATED NETWORK

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. SSMS 18.5 Generating Scripts

I noticed in version 18.5 that when I edit a view by choosing right click the view - script view - alter to - new sql window, it generates a change script (see attached). I am not aware I turned on this feature and I can't figure out how to turn it off. I have ssms Options - Table Designer - Tracking unchecked so I don't know where else to look. I uninstalled and reverted back to 18.1 and 18.4 and the change script code doesn't run before the view comes up to alter in the sql window so I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Удалить английскую версию Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18

Как удалить английскую версию Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18, чтобы установить русскую версию. Где расположение файла?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "User Mode" SQL Server Management Studio (non-administrative install)

Many application such as Visual Studio Code, SQL Data Studio and other support a user mode installation into %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs which does not require Administrative access to the machine. Can we get a User Mode install of SSMS? Enterprises are locking down workstations and it becomes increasingly difficult to keep my SSMS up to-date without Administrative access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add support of BTRFS

Would love to see the support of btrfs while using the mssql on Linux (Docker) to mount /var/opt/mssql/data on my nas formated with btrfs.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Where is dreplay.exe?

The distributed replay Administration Tool used to be part of the Management Tools. Since SSMS has forked it is gone. I checked SSMS 17.9 and SSMS 18.2 - it's not there. Where is it? I want it back. How should I now controll my distributed reply? The Installation guide for distributed replay for SQL 2017 says one should install Managment Tools Basic which basically means that I can do All my Installation from the SQL 2017 enterprise Media but for the dreplay.exe I have to go back to SQL 2014.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need a download of sql server help so I can install it on an isolated network

I need a downloadable version of sql server help so I can install it on an isolated network. NO internet connectivity.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Error when installing SQL Server 2019 Express Edition

Whenever I try installing the SQL Server 2019 Express Edition, I always keep getting errors when installing it

This happens every time I try to install it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mieux que ma rime

Mieux que ma rime

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base