Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

SQL Server

Microsoft SQL Server powers your entire data estate by supporting structured and unstructured data sources. It builds on previous versions of SQL Server, which have been industry leading for four years in a row and a leader in TPC-E. It scales to petabytes of data and allows customers to process big data through PolyBase using T-SQL over any data. SQL Server has also been the least vulnerable database during the last seven years. SQL Server brings data insights with business intelligence capabilities that provide analytics at a fraction of the cost on any device along with advanced analytics with support for R and Python.

More details about SQL Server are available in the SQL Server documentation.
If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Microsoft Q&A or Stack Overflow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Setup : problems in "Repair" process

If I run a repair and it fails, there are two things I don't like about the "Complete with failures" dialog:

(1) I cannot click < Back to the repair progress dialog. On the "repair progress" screen it said something about failure, and had a Next > button. If I can click next but can't go back to see what that message said, why not have the message on the final screen and just move to it automatically?

(2) There were apparently two errors, as two red x's show up, but only one of them has an associated message.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Upvotes: 1

<=-=Jul 29 2008 11:24AM=-=>

Aaron,

Thanks for the report. It’s too late to change this for SQL Server 2008, but I will have someone investigate how to improve this.

-Richard Waymire

<=-=Jan 15 2010 12:23PM=-=>

Hi Aaron,

Glad to let you know that we fixed this issue for the next major release of SQL Server. Please be on the look out for its release (after our SQL Server 2008 R2 release).

Thanks for your feedback,
    Max Verun
    SQL Server

<=-=Jan 15 2010 12:23PM=-=>

Hi Aaron,

Glad to let you know that we fixed this issue for the next major release of SQL Server. Please be on the look out for its release (after our SQL Server 2008 R2 release).

Thanks for your feedback,
    Max Verun
    SQL Server

2. SQL Server 2008 R2 bug preparing InstanceID2 for SYSPREP

I prepared two instances on my computer using this command with the attached PrepareImageconfiguration.ini file.

\setup.exe /ConfigurationFile=PrepareImageConfigurationFile.ini

The first instance prepared without problems. During the prep of the second instance, I expected the features to be selected as they were in the first install but they were not. See the attached file for a screen shot of the "Feature Selection" screen.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Setup + Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 25 26 27 29 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

SQL Server

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base