How can we improve Microsoft Azure?

Support for physical machine migration

Add support for assessing physical servers for migration.

27 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Stanfill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chad Hamilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this being a possibility? Love Azure migrate for VMWare, but would love to be able to assess a customer's entire environment

• Mark L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with an MSP and am planning multiple cloud migrations. This tool would be very helpful in the planning process.

• Dave Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that analysis of physical machines would be really useful. I'm sure something could be done to bring perfmon data into the Azure Migrate project somehow. However, a nice (hopefully!) quick win would be the ability to manually add a machine into the Migration Project, push the agent out for in depth discovery and allow us to include it is the Service Maps. I'm more interested in that than I am in getting rightsized recommendations for target IaaS VMs based on perf data, that I can adjust myself.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is especially important also for VMware environments where you are not allowed access to the VMware/vCenter layer, but you still need to analyse migrating them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base