Support storing the module identities within edgeAgent on the filesystem
At the moment the module identities are stored within edgeAgent which get destroyed as soon as the edgeAgent container is removed. It would be great to have an option to store the identities on the filesystem (for example by bind mounting a folder in which they are stored in somehow).
Doing this would make running IoT Edge in offline scenarios a lot easier. Given the following scenario:
- An IoT Edge device is used offline
- The firmware is being updated, measures are being taken to persist the docker images so the modules will be able to start after the update.
- Upon updating all containers are destroyed.
- The IoT Edge device reboots with the new firmware.
- The modules don't come back up even though the images are there because the module identities don't exist anymore.
Being able to persist the identities would solve this issue.