Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure IoT Edge?

Need a way to distribute communication at edge devices when offline with IoT hub

During offline with IoT hub, is it possible to have a mechanism at Edge device to distribute the messages among other Edge devices? This will help to address a scenario were one Edge device needs to share message/information with another Edge device as there is no cloud data storage share available due to
connectivity issue.

8 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Manoj Prabhu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Krunal Lokhande commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have similar requirement.. where there are multiple edge devices in network with different modules and post deployment we need to communicate within these edge devices.. with limited or no internet. we can use some custom communication but is there anything built in we can leverage.

• Hubert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 here. We need a high availability strategy that is Edge Only that doesn't require cloud connectivity to function.

i.e. Edge Clusters or something.

• AdminChipalo (Product Owner, Microsoft Azure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to make sure I understand the scenario...
    You have multiple edge devices that need to share data. This is usually done by sync it to the cloud and letting each edge device retrieve the desired data from that cloud store. You are asking for a feature that lets these edge devices share data locally only while the devices do not have a connection to the cloud.

Feedback and Knowledge Base