Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Time Series Insights

Azure Time Series Insights is an end-to-end Platform-As-A-Service offering to ingest, process, store, and query highly contextualized, time-series-optimized IoT-scale data that’s ideal for ad-hoc data exploration, as well as operational analysis. Azure TSI is a uniquely extensible and customized service offering that meets the broad needs of industrial IoT deployments.

More details about the service are available Time Series Insights documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RBAC: User Role (Just like reader and contributor) to control modification of models in TSI

Logging this idea/ask on behalf of a customer

In order to share queries/views TSI users need "Contributor role" access. However contributor role also allow user to modify hierarchical model in TSM. Often times users tend to mess up with hierarchies that are shared across organization in an attempt to create a new one. so we need an ability to allow users to share queries without being able to affect the model or instance data configuration or new user role

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Time series model  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to create "default" hierarchy and to populate new instances with dynamic values with formula

Give ability to select a hierarchy by default and to specify a dynamic value to populate the instance on creation. ($event.client for example)

When TSI receive a new message with unknown time-series id, the new instance use the default hierarchy, search the values with formulas and set the values

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Historical Hierarchy Membership

Historical Hierarchy Membership

Say;

I have a device D1 which is part of plant (hierarchy) P1 with measurement M1 on time T1 and M2 on time T2 .

and device D2 which is part of plant P2 with measurement M3 on time T1 and M4 on time T2.

So at first on time T1:

P1 has D1 with measurement M1 and

P2 has D2 with measurement M3.

Between time T1 and T2 a field engineer switches D1 to P2 and D2 to P1.

But now we have the inconsistency that looking in the TSI Explorer on time T1:

P1 has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Calculate values (booleans?) for formulas

In the Time Series Model, I'd love to create a new variable in a Type that is a categorical value, but based on thresholds of a calculation or a variable. Now the categorical values are just translations of lists, but I would love to be able to create a new variable like this:

Good: temperature < 23
    Warn: temperature > 23 and temperature < 24
    Alert: temperature > 24

I don't see that possible in the time series model ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base