Azure Time Series Insights

Azure Time Series Insights is an end-to-end Platform-As-A-Service offering to ingest, process, store, and query highly contextualized, time-series-optimized IoT-scale data that’s ideal for ad-hoc data exploration, as well as operational analysis. Azure TSI is a uniquely extensible and customized service offering that meets the broad needs of industrial IoT deployments.

More details about the service are available Time Series Insights documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the limit of events that can be downloaded by TSI

Downloading events from TSI is currently limited to 10000 events. This is probably because the query API is limited to 10000 events per query. Please consider increasing this limit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Time series query API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Being deployable instances of Time Series Insights to Japan region

There are some Japanese customers interested in TSI. In order to take it into their models, I would like to describe a story or a path that is going to be available in Japan after the end of preview period.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Azure CLI for Azure Time Series Inisghts

Add support for Azure CLI to create and manage Azure Time Series insights.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manage + configure environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for UNIX timestamp field from devices

Add support for UNIX timestamp from device as timestamp field (actually only ISO format is supported)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data ingestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add abillity to remove events within a given time period or with given time series Id

There are no good ways to remove data from TSI, especially during development its a pain to recreate TSI's because you can't go back and change data and if you rerun the datasets you get duplicate datapoints, at the very least an update feature should be present that is based on the event time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data ingestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Grouping needed in preview version

In the GA version grouping is supported using the "split by" feature, or actually by not using it. Doing aggregates using grouping is my major use case and I guess that others need it too.

The preview version has a more appealing price model, and I would prefer to work the preview version than sticking to a "doomed" version since we are in early stages of the project.

Suggestion: Add a way to do grouping in preview version

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. API for embedding Time Series Insights Analyze page

I would like to be able to embed the Analyze page into an existing website, passing parameters such as list of devices, environments, starting time period. Also options to turn on/off page widgets (like Save Query).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Timestamp documentation

The timestamp is an important factor in the Azure Time Series Insights. But there is no proper documentation regarding the format, the best practices to send timestamp in UTC (or in any other format) from the IoT device. It will be extremely helpful if there is proper documentation for this scenario.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Time series query API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add lookup table and static values

I use the Time Series Insights Preview and I like it that we can create own parameters. For some formulares I need to get a value out of a lookup table and some static values (but the static values can change from time to time...).

For example the formulare needs a value which depends on the temperature. I would look into the lookup-table with my temperature, get another value which than inputs the formulare.

Something like that

LookUp-Table-Definition:

x y (x is input, y is output)
    10 15
    11 17
    12 20.5
    13 25

The formulare is something like

(tempLookUp($event.[relTemperature].Double)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base