Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display notification that the pricing calculator does not include VAT, GST or other local taxes

Might I suggest that a note be placed on the calculator that the price displayed is exclusive of local taxes (that should cover VAT, GST and any other sales tax...)

I believe it is a legal requirement for businesses trading in Australia for 'ex GST' or similar if a price for a service does not include GST, or as a single value to be displayed in the case that goods and services provided are not exclusively provided to businesses.

See https://www.accc.gov.au/business/pricing/displaying-prices

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generate alerts based on daily/monthly forecast

in cost management add the ability to:
    1- generate daily alerts based on:

a. threshold

b. fluctuation from the previous day, or same day of the week before.
    c. forecast threshold

2- generate monthly alerts based on:

a. fluctuation

b. forecast threshold

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Group projected costs by tag

Currently you can Group projected Costs only by Service and by Account Name. We Need to Group it by a specific tag (in this Case Costcentre).

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enabling custom spending limit per resource with API

Enabling this feature will allow the developers/software houses to provide more accurate pricing in their SaaS sales or even in the IaaS offerings, some customers just want a fixed cost/price like they used to do in the non-elastic economy, and it will help in avoiding the unexpected high bills.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets + alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cost exports

Allow Azure Cost Management Exports to pass through to the blob storage when allowing access from selected networks and (having checked) "Allow trusted Microsoft services to access this storage account"

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Optimization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export cost analysis to Power BI

Would it be possible to export the Cost analysis to PowerBI? I know about the connector and content pack. I'm looking for something in between. I just want to add what I have in the Azure portal to an existing dashboard.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show Resource Groups on PDF Invoices

Current PDF invoices do not show resource groups, meaning it is very difficult to split costs out by group, which are often used to differentiate costs to different clients or internal cost centres.
    Unfortunately the Cost Breakdown does not usually match the invoice costs, so this is no help.
    Offering a CSV download of invoice transactions would be very useful if it also included resource group and resource names.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add meter ID as part of the Rest APIs that list resources

In Documentation,The API that lists all Resource SKUS under a subscription has meterID and cost as part of the response. But on actually consuming that API, I do not get these (and many other) keys as part of the response(the response is not uniform). It would be useful to have the meterId included in all APIs that list resources as well , since this would help in matching costs.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need to have option to select selective Subscriptions other than Management Group

Need to have option to select selective Subscriptions other than Management Group.

To be honest this is a very cumbersome process to create every time a new management group if I would like to do cost analysis over only a specific set of subscriptions where I`m authorized to.
    We have over 1000 subscriptions and our project leaders would like to get cost overviews over a specific set of subscriptions which is also frequently changing.

In other services like in Security Center or Azure Advisor or All Resources I can select which subscriptions out of my global filter to include without…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clouds + accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Budgets and Alerts for Amortized cost

Creating this post on behalf of customer, service request 120071625002599.
    The possibility to create budgets for Amortized cost and getting alerts in the same way as for Actual cost is extremely important. Otherwise it could lead to uncontrolled high costs for customer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets + alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get sponsorship credit spend via API

I am opening this feedback on behalf of the customer.
    Get sponsorship credit spend via API

Customer wanted to be able to access the underlying data that is kept at https://www.microsoftazuresponsorships.com/Usage from an API.

Downloading the CSV or JSON from API would be acceptable.
    They wanted to query their credits remaining via an API - it seems like it would be a common concern, especially with price conscious startups on Sponsorship programme. They would like to program something that clicks through the browser to download the .csv every day instead.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data quality + completeness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide Azure cost spending limit for users

I have a few customers as well as from the education sector whom have been requesting on this ask. I think this is a great to have.

The use case for education would be, “I’m a professor in a university and I have many students I would want to include in the subscription but restricting them to spin off anything above a certain limit”.

Companies of a larger scale usually have tons of policies and security concerns, especially with regards to Azure consumption, most recent ones we’ve engaged with tend to want to be able to set hard cost limits…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Build a connector to pass cost data to log analytics

It would be nice if we could have a built in connector to pass the cost data into log analytics so we can come up with our own reports/dashboards/alerts in Log Analytics.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Optimization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Details of any adjustments/credits should be included in the billing report

Currently the only way to view the credit/adjustment amount is via the EA portal in the reports tab and even that does not provide a proper breakdown of the amount or any clarity on what the credit is for and for which subscription it is applicable.

Any credits/adjustments received from Microsoft should be included in the billing report, which can also be pulled down using the consumption API.

A few additional rows in the CSV report indicating credit in the "Cost" or "ExtendedCost" column would make this more transparent.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data quality + completeness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Group by multiple properties

Add support for grouping by multiple properties

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Manual Sync Triggers from within the Cloudyn Portal

We need to have the ability to trigger a manual sync to the Azure Billing API from within the Cloudyn portal instead of being at the mercy of the timing of refreshes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow the currency on the billing to be changeable.

Azure currently do not allow the billing currency to be changed. The claim is that the terms and conditions are tied to the currency of the country selected.
    Also, the payment of a bill is tied to having a credit card in the currency of the country you started with.

If a company changes it's country this means Azure want you to setup a new account and migrate all services to the new account.

This requires planning time, costs and risk (of bad planning).

AWS allow the currency to be changed from a drop down menu.

It is a high…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. make possible a fixed spending cap

if spending is above the spending cap there should be an immediate denial of service

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable the usage of management groups in Cost management for CSP

We would love to use management groups while under a CSP contract (as customer). Right now we're unable to use management groups to group multiple subscriptions in cost management to view aggregated costs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Abiltiy to select more than 12 months at a time

Currently you are only able to select a 12 month window to report on costs. It would be helpful to be able to select more than 12 months so you can view multiple years

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base