Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add previous 10 day predefined Cost Analysis reporting

We use the Actual Cost over Time report in Cost Analysis for weekly reporting. Due to the latency of data entering Cloudyn it would be really useful to have a previous days in the drop down so that we can get a full weeks of data. Currently the only way to do this is to set a date range and change the range every week.

For 30 reports this is very time consuming.

The predefined previous 30 days available is too long a period for us as we want to scrutinise just the changes since the previous week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. where is the Azure Sql as a service in the cost by service drop down

where is the Azure Sql as a service in the cost by service drop down, right now there is no place for me to specify I want to see the costs just for azure sql… or epools. you have generalized the services for some lame reason. The built in cost adviser in azure does this so why would I use this service as an add on that costs us?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Subscription Cost analysis timespan: once dissabled will not reenable

I selected last month. It said there was not data and then greyed out the timespan so i could not change back to current.

had to leave and comeback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enhance Azure Cost Management Reporting

Microsoft offers power BI content packs which show on-going Azure consumption costs. I have had an opportunity to use the PowerBI reporting on the Azure environment costs (via Azure Consumption Insights) and have some suggestions.

a. I like the fact that PBI includes a ‘top 5 drivers’ of usage but it is at such a high level with no capability to drill through to detail that it is not as useful as it could be.

b. The information is presented on a monthly basis, which is fine but it lacks the month-to-month variance comparison which would allow us to call…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. cost analysis, download csv

When using the Costs by Resource grid and selecting "Download", columns are separated by comma.
    this created a conflict with decimals and thousands separator.
    Export in cs format will be very helpfull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding vhd name used in usage CSV file

In the usage file kindly add the vhd name used for every storage. I'm facing a case that we need to separate the consumption for every machine because it is carried on different cost accounts in my company. There are cases when there are different virtual machines attached to different vhd on the same storage. when the file downloaded it will be difficult to differentiate between the cost of the storage of both machines because they are in the same storage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Subscription Burn Rate Graph" should show cost by resource!

It's already an area graph... now make it a stacked area graph! ;)

Also a note on the x axis for if billing agreement changed would make sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base