Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cost analysis feedback

1. Why are you showing Accumlated info from 1st of each month?

2. there is no last 30 days (1 month) option date range drodown box

3. I don't understand how to use 'Custom' date range UI

4. I can recognize 'Windows VM' cost is too high from Service name donat chart. Then click the 'Windows VM' resource, then I guessed all Windows VM list with each cost, but NO. What kind of useful info can I get in next page??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Accumulated allows you to get a quick view of how your costs are trending against your budget.

We’ll add more options to the date picker and simplify the custom date range experience. Let us know if there are any specific changes you’d like to see in this area. We’ll also look at ways to optimize the drill-down experience.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Azure Cost Management by Cloudyn in Azure OPEN Subscription

Allow Azure OPEN customers to manage their cloud spend with transparency and accuracy via Cost Management, (aka Cloudyn).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customer cost vs CSP cost in Azure Lighthouse cost analysis

In Azure Lighthouse we would like to be able to see the same cost as the customer sees in the Subscription Cost Analysis so we can easily compare the cost difference between what the customer will pay and what we pay.

Preferably we would like to be able to see it in the same view at the same time. So that we can compare them in a good way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. phone number to call someone related to billing questions

seems difficult to get in touch with anyone related to billing questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I don't know AKS is so expenses, I didn't create any application. then I have to pay 200USD

I don't know AKS is so expenses, I didn't create any application. then I have to pay 200USD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make the total cost match the invoice!

The total costs do not match the amount that was invoiced for the same period. This report is useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. have the area chart's floating legend react to area hovered over by emboldening the series name

when viewing a chart grouped by any resource and then hovering over the resource in the chart a floating legend appears. It would be nice if this floating legend reacted by indicating which series name you are hovering the pointer over by bolding the text in the legend.

the arbitrary colour choice is poor accessible ui practise and this would alleviate some of the issues it causes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Weekly Granularity

I'd love a "Weekly" granularity. Daily is messy because we have a difference in weekend/weekday traffic and monthly is too wide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Azure Cost Management App (Large Data Sets

We are leveraging the new Azure Cost Management PBI App. After initial setup with one months of data we increased the number of months of data to 12. This failed with the following error(s):

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We cannot convert the value null to type Record."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Usage details.
    Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
    Activity ID: 7add63eb-0b60-4798-b469-654c98eff78e
    Request ID: a82107d7-6b53-4bea-ba43-8d4fa555aa0f
    Time: 2020-06-12 00:18:13Z

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We cannot convert the value null to type Record."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Usage details amortized.
    Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
    Activity ID: 384b514e-0496-444d-bce0-77b0320978cb
    Request ID: 00595011-d185-a48c-14ab-d1e31bea43fe
    Time: 2020-06-10 22:28:13Z

After rolling back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When changing the offer type, keep cost analysis for the old offer available

We recently changed from Pay-as-you-Go to MCA, only to discover we could no longer do a cost analysis on data before the switch.

In the end we obtained the historical usage reports from Support to do a manual analysis. Having the old data available would have saved us a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tell us what "other azure purchases" means

Can anyone tell me what "other azure purchase", or "no resource group" or "no resource" means when I'm looking at the billing analysis?

Come on, there's got to be better detail provided other than "other azure purchases". How am I supposed to know what to do with "other azure purchases"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Broken Azure Cost Analysis Report "Group by"="Meter Category", or "Service Name" -> No data.

Creating custom reports, I use several predefined/saved monthly reports, which worked just fine...until this month.
    Using "Group by" fails (no data found) when selecting "Meter Category", or "Service Name".

I tried recreating the reports from scratch - using the exact steps which worked to create the original reports - but, same problem.

As a workaround, for now, I selected "Group by" = "ReourceType", which finds data, but that data is clearly different (than "Meter Category" and "Service Name") and so is a problem for the report recipients (and therefore me).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show "Deleted" or not for each resource in the Cost Analysis

Show "Deleted" or not for each resource in the Cost Analysis.
    Because only existed resources are affecting the cost, but deleted resources not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add cost analysis focus mode to show the 20% that consume 80% of cost

When I perform cost analysis to save money on resources, I need a way to focus on the most expensive resources. Right now, I just order resources by cost and skim through them.
    I would like to have functionality that give me more focus to configure cost analysis to show the Y% of resources that consume that top X%.
    This will make easy for developers to focus on specific elements and share objective business case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save a view based on Custom Dates - so it preserves these dates as a sliding window.

So Mars Inc uses a 4 week period calendar. We'd really like to be able to save a 4 week range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In Report Exports seperate Subscription ID

When you download the cost report extract in CSV/Excel the subscription information is in the format "subscription name (subscription id)". Please separate out the name and ID into seperate fields so it is easy to analyse with other datasets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cost Analysis Forecast should take less than a week to update

I recently added some new storage to my account, and the Cost Analysis tool says "Changes in usage may take up to a week to be reflected." This makes it really hard for me to judge my increase usage and it's effect on the spend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cost by resource view should show the total cost based on current filters

Right now when viewing a past invoice in the "Cost by resource" view, there isn't a simple way to view the total cost of all the resources that match the currently applied filters (global filter and column filter).

It would be great if the Actual Cost would reflect the resources that are actually being displayed according to the filters.
    Or, when at least one filter is applied, a new total is displayed: "Filtered Cost" or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cost Forecasts do not distinguish between one-time (or irregular) costs and monthly costs

I recently purchased an SSL certificate for 1 year, which costs far more than my regular subscription. However, the forecast that I am given seems to suggest I am going to buy an SSL certificate every month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Deleted ressource pricing still appear.

It still show my deleted ressource pricing. Not exactly sure if they have been deleted or not, but that stressed me out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base