Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reservation resource type in Cost analysis

Row related to 'Reservation (order)' within Cost analysis overview contains the guid and its location. Rest of the columns:
    Resource group name - contains "Not applicable" value which is ok, reservation is even not related to subscription.
    Tags column - contains tags based on the ones that are filled in.

Would it be possible to display relevant information in Resource type column? Just to know that it is related to 'Reservation'.

Exported list also miss a value for this column. Would it be possible to put there 'microsoft.capacity/reservationorders' value in a same way as for the subscription related resources?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need a View where we can see the Total Ongoing cost by subscription deducting the Reserved instance in that subscription .

We need a View where we can see the Total Ongoing cost by subscription deducting the Reserved instance in that subscription.
    It is impossible to see the real on going estimated cost without having the reserved instance. This may be simple if you just have 1 subscription but if you have many reservations and subscriptions...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Introduce RBAC and let 'Billing Reader' use the connector as per Azure portal

We’ve seen in many customers that it’s difficult to get the “Enterprise Administrator” or “Billing account owner” roles and the customer’s request is just to have a dashboard that everybody can look at in order to monitor the costs.

The customers usually provide the “Billing Reader” role for monitoring/reporting activities. Also consider that with the “Billing Reader” role I can access Azure Cost analysis but I cannot do the same using the connector.

Is it possible to let also a "Billing Reader" role use effectively the Power BI connector?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to hide subscriptions in reports that don't meet spend minimum.

In Cloudyn I would like to be able have a filter or threshold setting where I could hide a subscription or service from appearing if the cost is below $10 , $100 , [$XX] threshold I set for the report.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Costs of yesterday

Azure billing --> Costs by resource --> Timespan selection --> New menuitem for the last (whole billed) day. For checking fees of the recent day. Interesting during testing of different services / combinations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Value Column to Daily Usage section of the Azure billing CSV

We need a daily breakdown of the cost of a pay-as-you-go subscription, either as cost per day or cost per item per day. I see the itemised usage CSV file gives a cost value for each item type but the daily breakdown does not include this value.

As an example: Our bills run from the 21st to the 20th but we need to split one of them on the 9th. Before is between two customers and after is just one, so we need to split the cost fairly.

I think we can work out a way to calculate it based…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accounts Administrator Role

Please can a role be created purely for the use of a companies accounts team. This role would only be permitted access to the subscription invoices along with predicted costs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show subscription name or tooltip when viewing Billing Details.

The "Running Costs" shows what appears to be the subscription ID. I'm assuming this is simply a factor of this being a Preview. But, I would like to see the name of the subscription here (perhaps even a tooltip). Also, as I move my mouse over the graph line, it would be cool to see a tip with the value changing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export data for previous month

I would like to be able to export data for previous month with the scheduled export, so I can have an export running on the 1th of the month, there's exporting all transaction-linies for the previous month.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Month-to-month Comparison View

For trend analysis it would be ideal to be able to compare one month's daily consumption against another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure Cost Calculator scenario injection into Azure Cost Management

It would be great to create configurations in the Azure Cost Calculator and inject them into the Azure Cost Management. Then you can monitor against your original configuration (for a specific service) and check how the actual costs are performing against the initial (configured) calculated budget. This will provide clear insights for decision making and definitely will save time (manual tagging / analysis).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Billing report doesnt add up correctly

Upon viewing a report that was grouped by "billing period" for the last year (2019), the totals of all of the 12 mos shown in each period bar does not add up to the total value shown in the "Actual cost" field for the whole report.
    The total shown is about $10k higher than the actual monthly costs added up together.

Something is wrong with this report's accuracy. Cant trust it w/o doing my own math to check it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter by tag

In the Azure portal, I am able to get a daily (and full month) Cost Analysis with a filter for tags for the full subscription (all resources).

In the API I was able to find, I was not able to odata filter on "tagname eq" and "tagvalue eq". This filter seemed to be skipped. So that tag name+value filter is something I'd like to see so I can get customer usage and cost by code instead of clicking around in the Azure portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve Cost Management PowerBI API for Reservations

Cost Management in Power BI is in need for better documentation. By default only Last7Days are returned as Lookbackperiod.

Can other periods be requested by parameters?
    Also InstanceFlexibilityRatio and normalized size columns needs documentation and values does not always make sense when comparing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cost analysis saved report not working with tags

Cost analysis saved report not working with tags.

Created Cost analysis report with Tag as group by. When i select report graph showing unable to load.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having a better bill split to understand our usage.

we want to understand which of our
    resource group and services are
    costing how much.
    We need a detailed bill to understand
    our usages.
    Can we get a detailed bill which is split
    based on the resource group, with the
    bill of each of VM shown separately?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Month to Month report

As a CSP user, CloudDyn is the main way to get spend per resource - so I'd really like CloudDyn to be able schedule a report that aligns with my CSP's monthly billing cycle.

E.g., A report run on the 15th of November that coveres from 15th of the previous month until today.

That way, using resource tags, I can allocate the invoice approprately to the correct cost centers in my company.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View costs across multiple scopes at once

Add functionality to browse the cost based on multiple subscriptions

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please view costs across subscriptions by organizing subscriptions into management groups. There are no plans to introduce multi-select scopes outside of management groups today, but we’ll keep this feedback open to track the request. To help prioritize, please add specifics about how management groups are not addressing your needs in this area.

19. Group and filter by EA cost center

Cost analysis should allow grouping and filtering by the EA cost center property

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Easy way to identify new charges

I do like the new drill down UI and now able to see per day very needed.

I would like to see new charges per day and be able to sort on new market place items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base