Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

Have an idea or suggestion? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Marketplace charges

I'm not sure there is anything you can do about the poor information you get from the Microsoft billing API but it would be great to see Azure Marketplace charges on any reports

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Total cost for a resource

I dont know how exactly a REAL Virtual Machine Costs to me because i was not able to see total cost for a resource. It would be marvelous if we can see the historical "aggregated/grouped" costs of a virtual machine in i.e virtual machine settings.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tag details for all Azure Resources

Today in Azure billing we can see tag details of compute, storage and network only. Can you extend this to all Azure Resources.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Save customized reports

I would like to save grouping and filtering settings, so I don't have to reconfigure filtering every time I use cost analysis.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cost Analysis using Resource Group tagging.

It would be great if Resource Group tagging would be used for choosing "Tags" in Cost Analysis. We have always been told to tag at the Resource Group level which apply to all down level resources so there was no need to tag the individual items.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Custom x-resource group, x-subscription reporting

On Enterprise level, cost governance / cost control teams may have different scope than single RG, or single subscription. Today the only possibility to control costs at this level is to extract full cost data for all subscriptions (via "beta" connector), and then filter / limit in client tool. It's not manageable to do it RG-by-RG, and frequently even full subscription visibility is not possible (subscriptions may include resources given cost control team shouldn't have visibility to). We need to be able to provide aggregated views on costs not limited to full subscription / single resource group setup - allowing…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Makes sense. The current recommendation is to organize a single team’s applications into resource groups within a single subscription per environment (e.g. production vs. dev/test), then organize subscriptions into management groups which map to the logical hierarchy within the organization. This allows you to report at all layers of the organization and manage access accordingly. We understand not all organizations are setup this way and will plan work to simplify this. Please vote this up to let us know how important this is for you.

7. Export to PDF or image

It would be great to be able to export the charts into a pdf or image or something like that. Not all of our internal customers have access to Azure, but do want this information.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show Resource Groups on PDF Invoices

Current PDF invoices do not show resource groups, meaning it is very difficult to split costs out by group, which are often used to differentiate costs to different clients or internal cost centres.
    Unfortunately the Cost Breakdown does not usually match the invoice costs, so this is no help.
    Offering a CSV download of invoice transactions would be very useful if it also included resource group and resource names.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Group projected costs by tag

Currently you can Group projected Costs only by Service and by Account Name. We Need to Group it by a specific tag (in this Case Costcentre).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add meter ID as part of the Rest APIs that list resources

In Documentation,The API that lists all Resource SKUS under a subscription has meterID and cost as part of the response. But on actually consuming that API, I do not get these (and many other) keys as part of the response(the response is not uniform). It would be useful to have the meterId included in all APIs that list resources as well , since this would help in matching costs.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Email custom reports on a schedule

We need to be able to create a customized report and send it out to people (who may not have access to the subscriptions) on a schedule

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. billing cost analysis for all ARM resources

The billing cost analysis area should include all ARM resources. Currently resource usage for ServiceBus, IOT is grouped under "other classic resources" and greyed out which is misleading. The name of the resource is also just a GUID which means it is difficult to determine what the resource is. There should be clearer names and labelling.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the currency on the billing to be changeable.

Azure currently do not allow the billing currency to be changed. The claim is that the terms and conditions are tied to the currency of the country selected.
    Also, the payment of a bill is tied to having a credit card in the currency of the country you started with.

If a company changes it's country this means Azure want you to setup a new account and migrate all services to the new account.

This requires planning time, costs and risk (of bad planning).

AWS allow the currency to be changed from a drop down menu.

It is a high…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Real Time Cost Management consumption reporting

put in place a requirement for all Azure resources and resource providers that they must send updated usage data to ACM at minimum every 30 minutes (or less). This will enable better tracking and enforcement of subscription budget management across large number of subscriptions. Current refresh cycle of ~8hrs in ACM results in potential to lose control of project budgets for many small R&D initiatives. Once Azure has the fine grain reporting frequency across the board (all services), it would be beneficial to expose a user configurable setting in the Azure portal ACM panel, so that we can adjust to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export cost analysis to Power BI

Would it be possible to export the Cost analysis to PowerBI? I know about the connector and content pack. I'm looking for something in between. I just want to add what I have in the Azure portal to an existing dashboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Base reports on billing month not current month

I would like to be able to put in my azure billing month (like the 21st - 21st) rather than the actual month and after that all reports would be based on those dates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Pinning the Cost of a Single Resource Group to a Dashboard

It's already possible to see resource costs for a particular resource group. It would be very helpful to be able to pin a widget to a dashboard that shows this value.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. v2 usage reports - German Cloud

Please implement v2 usage reports for subscriptions in the Microsoft Cloud Germany so customers can benefit from resource tags and better ways to monitor service costs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. provide an drill-down of cost for individual categories | machines

Currently the billing information and the usage statistics are sub-divided in CPU, network, disk, etc.

Please provide the ability to drill down into these categories to
    identify cost for each machine (per category).
    Billing statistics are still very basic and unfortunately the lack of tools to get a quick overview of resource consumption results in higher TCO for your customers.

Regards,
    Bernhard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See what the actual cost of my services would be WITHOUT my MSDN subscription

Show what the actual real-world costs would be when I make my application live and it no longer qualifies for MSDN discounts I can predict my budget - i.e How much I need to go live.

a "Based on your current daily spend of xx.xx - making this subscription live would cost ***.xx per day"

Another 'nice to have' may be "based on your previous 30 day usage - We recommend you upgrade zzzz service to xxxxx i.e S1 DB to a S2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! This sounds like the cloud comparison capability in Azure Cost Management today. In this case, you would be able to compare the workload across subscription offer types. Does that sound right? Let us know and we’ll consider it as it gets voted up.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base