PREVIEW: New views for resources and reservations (cost analysis preview)
This is a placeholder for feedback on the cost analysis preview, a new framework for cost reporting and analytics. The new platform will be the foundation for many new experiences within the Azure portal—from new views with improved tables and charting to integrated insights and scheduling email notifications of your saved views. What you see today is just the beginning!
The cost analysis preview includes:
- Faster cost by resource view ("Resources" view)
- Informational insights about your data (e.g. top RG, top type)
- New "Resource groups" view with nested resources
- New "Subscriptions" view (for management groups and billing accounts)
- New "Reservations" view with a breakdown of usage by resource
- Simple column filtering (more is coming)
- Better representation of non-resource charges (e.g. Marketplace)
- New download experience with options to exclude nested details
- Troubleshooting details for Microsoft Support, in case you run into issues
Coming soon (as of April 2021):
- Simpler custom day picker
- Ctrl+click to open links in a new browser tab (based on your feedback)
- Tab-based layout to open and switch between multiple views
Here are some of the other things in our backlog:
- Currency selection
- Amortization toggle
- Compare current cost to previous period
- Drilldown from resource to daily run rate chart
- Column chooser
- Show select tags as a column
- New customization and filtering experience
- KPI numbers for total cost, forecast, and budget
- Chart views with forecast and budgets
- New dashboard tile
- More clarity behind allocated costs
- Show potential savings from Azure Advisor recommendations
- Save and share views
- Copy link to specific view
What would you like to see next? Please
This is available as a preview today! From Azure Home, scroll down to the Tools section and select Cost Management, then select “Cost analysis (preview)” in the menu.
Let us know what you think!
Mathew Archibald commented
This is great.
Can we also add to the preview views "Management Groups".
We bundle up our subscriptions to the management group level and I want to be able to easily see the costs incurred by each management group