Have an idea or suggestion? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

Enable Cost Management Blade for CSP Partners & Customers

Opening on behalf of customer. IT would be great to enable the Cost Management Blade in portal.azure.com for CSP. This would not only give customers the ability to better monitor their spendin by resource/resource group but also allow partners to do so as well.

The usage file and invoice do not show information based on resource or resource group which poses challenges in understand how much a service actually costs.

I am opening this feedback up as part of SR #118030717768771 on behalf of the customer

153 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Trystyn Del Rosario shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan Orchard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CSP is not supported but we have the tools for the provider to offer billing, best practices, security and utilisation to their customers so avoid the need for support from Microsoft. Contact me to arrange a demo of CloudwareONE
    Thanks
    Dan
    dan@cloudware1.com

• Eric Groot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The response "This is definitely coming!" was posted in Oct. 2018! This is becoming somewhat bizarre. Why are customers denied the financial insights they need?

• Grimaldi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a persistent message in "Cost Management - Overview" page: "Cost Management currently supports Enterprise Agreement (EA), pay-as-you-go, and dev/test accounts. CSP accounts are coming soon."

What does it actually mean "soon"?

• Ben Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this coming? It's ridiculous that CSP customers cannot view their own usage data.

• Kenny Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping this was coming this summer - but I've heard lately that this has been delayed until later this year (late fall or early winter time-frame) as the real potential targeted time-frame. Any hints from MSFT?

• Gabriel Zabal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that this feature request, it's more a basic functionality required. We are a CSP Indirect Re seller and have no option to have a billing information other than the CSP Provider, which also should be an online portal with that information. The customers are requiring this information. Thanks

• Anders Hasselberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely needed. Our CSP customers are asking for detailed cost information for them to be able to charge their customers.

• Davy Demaeght commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear, do you have a view on when this feature will be enabled for CSP customers. We have more CSP customers and Cloudyn does not provide the required output for easy follow-up of the costs.

• SI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status "Planned" since Oct. There must be a further update since then?

• Pierre-Olivier Baptiste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Team,
    There is no news since Oct. the 7th on this request. Could you share some progress on this critical feature for our customers ?

Many thanks in advance,
    Best regards,

• Sujeet Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ,

Is there any way to set daily cost spent alert for Azure CSP subscription , considering I don't have the CSP partner administrator credentials to login Cloudyn site since I am not Microsoft CSP partner program administrator.
    As a subscription owner is that possible?

Regards,
    Sujeet

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no update for this?
    What alternatives do we have as CSP partners to our customers?

• Greg Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure this is the right place for this post, and please correct me if I'm missing something...…..As a customer, not being able to see our itemized costs and usage costs from within our (own?!?) Azure subscription resources after our vendor switched us over to CSP is very close to infuriating. Granted, the CSP switch from Pay-As-Go was in part meant to save us money, but we have no idea how much money is saved (or not?) since we essentially receive a one-line item monthly bill for Azure resources. Why can't view any itemized details regarding actual Azure cloud resource items or usages costs (eg, VM Servers, VNets, VPN, Storage Accounts, data ingress/egress, etc). Yes, I can estimate using the standard publicly available Azure Pricing Docs, but it's a real pain, and (I'm assuming) not accurate because of any CSP adjusted savings benefits. It would be nice to see cost differences within the actual portal for things like scaling up or down a VM Server using our specific CSP costs, our specific CSP cost to add an additional VM Server, modify Storage Accounts from GPv1 to GPv2, etc, etc....AGAIN, right from directly within the portal. Having to pop out to the Public Pricing Docs just to get a "rough" idea on cost differences is a real pain and kind of absurd. As a consequence, we have pretty much stayed as is and not upgraded much at all over the past few years, which translates to zero added profit for CSP vendor and zero added profit to MS. We've been told for a long time (over a year it seems) that a solution is in the works. Where? When? There are a number of upgrades we wish to make that have been put on back-burner until there is a resolution to this issue.

• Davy Demaeght commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is getting more and more important for decent cost follow-up. Any idea when the planned status will change into delivered? Multiple customers are requesting this feature!

• Dave Liebau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredibly surprised this feature is not available. Our CSP told us this but I didn't believe it until now. Wow! Many of our clients are small businesses and they rely on us to manage costs. Can't do this at this point. WHEN???

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this ASAP! The CSP excel monthly bill dump is a joke and is not beneficial to clients or CSP's. Is there an actual date/quarter announced yet to have this implemented?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update? This is a major missing feature as we only sell CSP licensing to our customers.

• Sigurdur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cost Management currently supports Enterprise Agreement accounts. CSP, pay-as-you-go and dev/test subscriptions are coming soon.
    When?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base