Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show Resource Groups on PDF Invoices

Current PDF invoices do not show resource groups, meaning it is very difficult to split costs out by group, which are often used to differentiate costs to different clients or internal cost centres.
    Unfortunately the Cost Breakdown does not usually match the invoice costs, so this is no help.
    Offering a CSV download of invoice transactions would be very useful if it also included resource group and resource names.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track resources via current tags

It would be nice to be able to query the Consumption API against the tags currently applied to resources and have the option to identify past usage before those tags were applied.
    This should only be an option - there are certainly cases where you might prefer to have the tags as of the date of usage.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely needed!

Let us know if there are specific cases where you’d like to be able to look at costs by the tags when they were applied vs. the current state of tags viewed retroactively. Understanding your needs will help ensure we cover the specifics for you.

3. Cloudyn integration with GCP

It would be nice if Cloudyn was once again able to integrate with Google Cloud and pull in GCP Information. The marketing on Cloudyn's website is very misleading as it suggests that GCP is supported though it's only supported for pre-existing GCP configurations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cost analysis - see more than current month

We can only see data for the current month, which is no use at all. Been through support and have battled with them to keep the support ticket open until it is fixed as everything I have read up on and the obvious date picker shows that you should be able to see prior date data. They suggested I posted my issue on here!!!! So posted I have

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Include accumulated spend (and forecast spend) on charts pinned to Dashboard

Currenly when a weekly/monthly bar chart is created to track actual spending on a subscription it includes the total accumulated spend over the period covered by the bar chart and the budget amount. However if this chart is pinned to a dashboard, the accumulated spend and budget does not show on the dashboard version. Only the bar chart is pinned. Including the accumulated total spend, budget, and the forecast to the end of the year would provide valuable information on the dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. View costs across multiple scopes at once

Add functionality to browse the cost based on multiple subscriptions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please view costs across subscriptions by organizing subscriptions into management groups. There are no plans to introduce multi-select scopes outside of management groups today, but we’ll keep this feedback open to track the request. To help prioritize, please add specifics about how management groups are not addressing your needs in this area.

7. where is the Azure Sql as a service in the cost by service drop down

where is the Azure Sql as a service in the cost by service drop down, right now there is no place for me to specify I want to see the costs just for azure sql… or epools. you have generalized the services for some lame reason. The built in cost adviser in azure does this so why would I use this service as an add on that costs us?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have a single console for multiple Direct CSP tenancies?

Would it be possible to enable a single Cloudyn instance to manage multiple Direct CSP tenancies. As CSP is geo-bound we have a different tenancy in each geo. Cloudyn does not seem to allow more than a single direct CSP tenancy to be configured.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Subscription Cost analysis timespan: once dissabled will not reenable

I selected last month. It said there was not data and then greyed out the timespan so i could not change back to current.

had to leave and comeback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding vhd name used in usage CSV file

In the usage file kindly add the vhd name used for every storage. I'm facing a case that we need to separate the consumption for every machine because it is carried on different cost accounts in my company. There are cases when there are different virtual machines attached to different vhd on the same storage. when the file downloaded it will be difficult to differentiate between the cost of the storage of both machines because they are in the same storage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base