Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tag details for all Azure Resources

Today in Azure billing we can see tag details of compute, storage and network only. Can you extend this to all Azure Resources.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simplify Azure subscription setup

Right now, Azure Cost Management requires several steps to setup a new Cloudyn account with new subscriptions. It'd be nice if this was handled automatically behind the scenes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. provide an drill-down of cost for individual categories | machines

Currently the billing information and the usage statistics are sub-divided in CPU, network, disk, etc.

Please provide the ability to drill down into these categories to
    identify cost for each machine (per category).
    Billing statistics are still very basic and unfortunately the lack of tools to get a quick overview of resource consumption results in higher TCO for your customers.

Regards,
    Bernhard

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for pay-as-you-go and dev/test subscriptions

Cost Management should support WebDirect pay-as-you-go and dev/test subscriptions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data quality + completeness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It appears there's no way to validate your cost or spend (from the portal for sure) until AFTER you've run over your budget I guess? Seems p

Sure don't care for not having any idea what's been spend, what is cost, until receiving a bill AFTER the fact. Wow, what if I spent my entire budget accidentally on a VM session? This seems pretty common to all providers, else why would vendors be offering wildly expensive tools to do what should be a simple click-on-the-vendors-portal and see your expenses, up to the minute?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Accounts Administrator Role

Please can a role be created purely for the use of a companies accounts team. This role would only be permitted access to the subscription invoices along with predicted costs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cost analysis saved report not working with tags

Cost analysis saved report not working with tags.

Created Cost analysis report with Tag as group by. When i select report graph showing unable to load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Schedule Export error

I keep getting this unhelpful error when trying to schedule an export of costs now.
    I have previously successfully scheduled exports of costs twice but now I just get this error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Correct This Month and Last Month on Cost Management Blade

We are in April, but Cost Analysis shows This Month as May 2019, and Last Month as April 2019. That's the date selector in between Accumulated costs and Granularity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. The cost analysis date picker shows the billing period, not the calendar month. Your billing period ends in May. We’ll add an “Invoice” label when looking at a billing period to be a little more explicit and keep an eye on feedback. If needed, we can also show a more explicit date range.

10. Azure is showing different costs in different areas

1. When we logged into azure and select cost management, azure showing a cost of a subscription.

2. I click on that cost from the above screen, then azure showing a screen, where it shows a cost which is different than the previous number.

3. Now from this screen, if I download the resources cost, then that downloaded excel is showing another cost.

We don't know which one to consider.

Regards,
    Somaraju

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The difference between cost analysis and the download is a known bug, which is being fixed now. The problem is related to how the cost by resource view calculates the cost of tags over time. The total cost shown in cost analysis is accurate. We’ll need more information to understand the difference with the first screen.

11. Cost analysis for contributors under an Enterprise Agreement

I need the resource group contributor or similar role to have the ability to see cost analysis on the resource group level only. It is important they not be able to see the cost analysis on the subscription level or other resource groups they don't have permission to access. This allows the user to have visibility and control of the spending of their project. We are looking to provide visibility to resource group owners.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already available for Enterprise Agreement (EA) subscriptions and resource groups. Support for pay-as-you-go and dev/test is coming soon. While the old cost by resource table isn’t available for CSP today, the new cost analysis experience is also in progress for CSP subscriptions.

12. Revert to old cost analysis

Since you removed the old cost analysis Its been a big pain to see the cost grouped by resource group and to drill down in each resource group to see the resource cost.

I suggest that you revert back to the old cost analysis without graphs where you could see ALL (not only top 10) resource groups and also could drill down and see the cost per resource inside each resource group without having to exit the current view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll improve the data table view and enable the same ability to drill down. You can still get to the old cost by resource experience by clicking the “Cost by resource” command at the top of the blade for now.

Please let us know if there are any specifics you’d like to see.

13. See running costs in portal / cost management

The page https://account.azure.com/Subscriptions lists subscriptions and for each subscription, I can see the current usage of that subscription. Azure offsers Cost Management (Cloudyn) -- I suppose they offer better insight and more elaborate analyses -- but the data included in the linked account page could be very useful.

It could very well be that it is already included somewhere, but I can't find it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base