Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cost analysis saved report not working with tags

Cost analysis saved report not working with tags.

Created Cost analysis report with Tag as group by. When i select report graph showing unable to load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exports support to ADLS V1 and ADLSV2

Exports support to ADLS V1 and ADLSV2.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Deny cost management access when access is gained through a role (e.g. external vendor)

Have the ability to deny a user the ability to view/manage cost management. If I understand correctly, enabling DA,AO in the EA enables Cost Management data to be accessible globally within the EA. Access is then controlled closer to the resources by Azure Roles. In the situation where an external vendor is given access to a subscription to build a service and say has Contributor role, it would be good to be able to exclude those users from seeing any cost/billing information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make it easier for newbies to understand pricing

I still can't tell what it would have cost me if I'd kept the virtual machine I set up going.

I was going to give this feedback in their questionnaire and it told me:

"Thanks for your interest, but you’ve already responded to this survey. We appreciate your feedback."

I hadn't. So your systems really need better user testing!

Bye!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding title to custom Cost Analysis when pinning to dashboard

I would like to have several cost analysis widgets on my dashboard. But currently the title of these is not very clear (it just says subscription: Cost Analysis). I would like to be able to add a title to my Cost Analysis when adding the Cost Analysis to my Dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cost analysis should allow user to customer the invoice format and email to the user on a monthly basis

currently, the azure cost analysis portal does allow user to format the invoice to be more meaningful. However, this process has to be repeated each month. Can Microsoft allow user to save the format and email the desire invoice report to the user on schedule instead?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure and AWS cost data in Power Bi

I read about how to connect with Azure Consumption Insights from Power Bi. Also read about how we can manage AWS costs and usage data in Azure.

Is there a way to see AWS usage cost data and Azure usage and cost data in Power Bi?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Real Time Cost Management consumption reporting

put in place a requirement for all Azure resources and resource providers that they must send updated usage data to ACM at minimum every 30 minutes (or less). This will enable better tracking and enforcement of subscription budget management across large number of subscriptions. Current refresh cycle of ~8hrs in ACM results in potential to lose control of project budgets for many small R&D initiatives. Once Azure has the fine grain reporting frequency across the board (all services), it would be beneficial to expose a user configurable setting in the Azure portal ACM panel, so that we can adjust to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a cost analysis view of all resources used by a specific VM

I would like to see the name of the VM and a drop down menu with all the resources it uses, and right next to it the prices for that specific time frame. This will allow me to see the overall costs VM actually occurs without having to navigate through multiple tabs in Portal and making a reporting of my own. This will help with making a positive impact to the business as the decision making would be quicker than reaching out for a support agent to assist in providing this report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Having a better bill split to understand our usage.

we want to understand which of our
    resource group and services are
    costing how much.
    We need a detailed bill to understand
    our usages.
    Can we get a detailed bill which is split
    based on the resource group, with the
    bill of each of VM shown separately?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Correct This Month and Last Month on Cost Management Blade

We are in April, but Cost Analysis shows This Month as May 2019, and Last Month as April 2019. That's the date selector in between Accumulated costs and Granularity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. The cost analysis date picker shows the billing period, not the calendar month. Your billing period ends in May. We’ll add an “Invoice” label when looking at a billing period to be a little more explicit and keep an eye on feedback. If needed, we can also show a more explicit date range.

12. Statistics on daily cost

I would like to see the mean daily cost for a VM and the outliers. For a VM, the cost would be the same across a month. For network usage I'd see the days when a VM used abnormally large and small amounts of data.

If I've set up a VM, what is the average cost of all of the resources that it uses for the first couple of days, so I can start to extrapolate from there. If I have a fleet of 100 VMs, when are my cost spikes for both individual VMs and groups of them?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dynamic running cost on the subscription set as a banner on Azure portal login

Cost Management: Need a custom dynamic dashboard that can be pinned on the Azure Portal as a banner, so the members of the subscription including admins can view upon every login.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

14. Azure is showing different costs in different areas

1. When we logged into azure and select cost management, azure showing a cost of a subscription.
    2. I click on that cost from the above screen, then azure showing a screen, where it shows a cost which is different than the previous number.
    3. Now from this screen, if I download the resources cost, then that downloaded excel is showing another cost.

We don't know which one to consider.

Regards,
    Somaraju

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The difference between cost analysis and the download is a known bug, which is being fixed now. The problem is related to how the cost by resource view calculates the cost of tags over time. The total cost shown in cost analysis is accurate. We’ll need more information to understand the difference with the first screen.

15. Cost analysis - see more than current month

We can only see data for the current month, which is no use at all. Been through support and have battled with them to keep the support ticket open until it is fixed as everything I have read up on and the obvious date picker shows that you should be able to see prior date data. They suggested I posted my issue on here!!!! So posted I have

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Include accumulated spend (and forecast spend) on charts pinned to Dashboard

Currenly when a weekly/monthly bar chart is created to track actual spending on a subscription it includes the total accumulated spend over the period covered by the bar chart and the budget amount. However if this chart is pinned to a dashboard, the accumulated spend and budget does not show on the dashboard version. Only the bar chart is pinned. Including the accumulated total spend, budget, and the forecast to the end of the year would provide valuable information on the dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Track resources via current tags

It would be nice to be able to query the Consumption API against the tags currently applied to resources and have the option to identify past usage before those tags were applied.
    This should only be an option - there are certainly cases where you might prefer to have the tags as of the date of usage.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is definitely needed!

Let us know if there are specific cases where you’d like to be able to look at costs by the tags when they were applied vs. the current state of tags viewed retroactively. Understanding your needs will help ensure we cover the specifics for you.

18. Custom x-resource group, x-subscription reporting

On Enterprise level, cost governance / cost control teams may have different scope than single RG, or single subscription. Today the only possibility to control costs at this level is to extract full cost data for all subscriptions (via "beta" connector), and then filter / limit in client tool. It's not manageable to do it RG-by-RG, and frequently even full subscription visibility is not possible (subscriptions may include resources given cost control team shouldn't have visibility to). We need to be able to provide aggregated views on costs not limited to full subscription / single resource group setup - allowing…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Makes sense. The current recommendation is to organize a single team’s applications into resource groups within a single subscription per environment (e.g. production vs. dev/test), then organize subscriptions into management groups which map to the logical hierarchy within the organization. This allows you to report at all layers of the organization and manage access accordingly. We understand not all organizations are setup this way and will plan work to simplify this. Please vote this up to let us know how important this is for you.

19. Allow setting the default view

I want to set the default view for each scope or possibly for all subscriptions or resource groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow drill-down to resources and meters

We should be able to click anywhere to drill into a grouping of costs based on the relationships between those properties. For instance, if I click a subscription, I want to see resource groups. When I click a resource group, I want to see resources. I should be able to do this from the pie chart labels at the bottom or even from the main chart itself. I should also be able to drill-in from the data table. Help me drill in with fewer clicks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base