Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Cost Management Blade for CSP Partners & Customers

Opening on behalf of customer. IT would be great to enable the Cost Management Blade in portal.azure.com for CSP. This would not only give customers the ability to better monitor their spendin by resource/resource group but also allow partners to do so as well.

The usage file and invoice do not show information based on resource or resource group which poses challenges in understand how much a service actually costs.

I am opening this feedback up as part of SR #118030717768771 on behalf of the customer

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Data quality + completeness  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cost analysis should allow user to customer the invoice format and email to the user on a monthly basis

currently, the azure cost analysis portal does allow user to format the invoice to be more meaningful. However, this process has to be repeated each month. Can Microsoft allow user to save the format and email the desire invoice report to the user on schedule instead?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email custom reports on a schedule

We need to be able to create a customized report and send it out to people (who may not have access to the subscriptions) on a schedule

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Usage analysis

Similar to cost analysis, add the ability to build a report on usage, like VM hours or network I/O.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Share dashboards with specific people and groups - not entities

We work in a way that service owners may have resources belong to them on several subscriptions, so all users can see the cost data of the entire EA account. (root entity level).
    Our managers want to share dashboards they create with specific people, other managers or people in their team, but not publicly to all users in our Cloudyn.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management/dashboards#share-a-custom-dashboard

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sharing dashboards with people will be addressed in native Cost Management as more flexible cost analysis tiles are built out. You can already pin the default view to a dashboard and share the dashboard with people or groups.

Let us know if there are any specific tile configurations you need, so we can add those as well.

6. For an invoice period, need a way for daily consumption to match the invoice consumption.

We need a way to calc and/or run reports for an invoice period where the invoice consumption and the daily usage consumption match, ideally by tags.

Through out portal.azure.com and Cloudyn, invoice consumption does not tie to the usage/resource consumption for the same periods. Even on reports that include both invoice consumption and daily usage consumption.

Example: account.azuer.com/subscriptions/statement... "Download usage details". This csv report has 2 sections: the upper which ties to the invoice and the lower which ties to usage and resource reports. But the upper section does not tie to the lower section.

I am comparing:
    1) the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Support for querying based on invoice (billing period) will come as part of the support for pay-as-you-go and dev/test subscriptions. Currently, Enterprise Agreement (EA) billing periods are bound to the calendar.

Not being able to reconcile usage/charges is not a design goal, but an unfortunate design limitation. We’ll improve this as we add support to native Cost Management. We apologize for the inconvenience.

7. Allow Pinning the Cost of a Single Resource Group to a Dashboard

It's already possible to see resource costs for a particular resource group. It would be very helpful to be able to pin a widget to a dashboard that shows this value.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a cost column to each of the resource lists

Add a cost column to each of the resource lists

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unique ResourceLocation string in cost analysis

There are different ResourceLocation field for the same location in Cost analysis.

Grouping by ResourceLocation in Cost analysis shows East US location in 3 different format
    - eastus
    - useast
    - East US

Similar problem with East US2
    - eastus2
    - useast2

Please consolidate, use one string for one location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enabling custom spending limit per resource with API

Enabling this feature will allow the developers/software houses to provide more accurate pricing in their SaaS sales or even in the IaaS offerings, some customers just want a fixed cost/price like they used to do in the non-elastic economy, and it will help in avoiding the unexpected high bills.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Value Column to Daily Usage section of the Azure billing CSV

We need a daily breakdown of the cost of a pay-as-you-go subscription, either as cost per day or cost per item per day. I see the itemised usage CSV file gives a cost value for each item type but the daily breakdown does not include this value.

As an example: Our bills run from the 21st to the 20th but we need to split one of them on the 9th. Before is between two customers and after is just one, so we need to split the cost fairly.

I think we can work out a way to calculate it based…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Resource Names on Azure Bill and / or Usage Report

The Azure Bill details the Usage charges for different resource types but it doesn't specify the specific resource names so some investigative work is required to work out which resource is causing which cost.

Either breaking down on the invoice or providing the invoice information in the usage report (together with resource names) would make managing Azure costs easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resource costs listing should have hyperlinks to bring you to that group / item

and or item for visibility directly into managing costs.
    right now they are plain text labels. shouldn't be hard to include hyperlink to the named resourcegroup or resource itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. cost analysis, download csv

When using the Costs by Resource grid and selecting "Download", columns are separated by comma.
    this created a conflict with decimals and thousands separator.
    Export in cs format will be very helpfull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add quotes to the Costs by Resource CSV download

When using the Costs by Resource grid and selecting "Download", the commas in the Type column throw off the file layout.

e.g. Standard IO - Table Write Operation Units (in 10,000s) should be "Standard IO - Table Write Operation Units (in 10,000s)" otherwise it shifts the rest of the row over by one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Subscription Burn Rate Graph" should show cost by resource!

It's already an area graph... now make it a stacked area graph! ;)

Also a note on the x axis for if billing agreement changed would make sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keep the billing info visible after the free subscription has ended

My free subscription has ended and I would like to access the billing history so I can determine how much it would cost me to continu the Azure environment. unfortunately all I see is errors and no opportunity of reaching a support member... I tries she send me to billing for xbox!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show subscription name or tooltip when viewing Billing Details.

The "Running Costs" shows what appears to be the subscription ID. I'm assuming this is simply a factor of this being a Preview. But, I would like to see the name of the subscription here (perhaps even a tooltip). Also, as I move my mouse over the graph line, it would be cool to see a tip with the value changing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple Subscription

Hi,
    I have multiple subscriptions Pay_As_You_Go/Pass # .... system generated it is hard to distinguish Which subscription belongs to which department to which Cost Center/Project_Id. Mechanism for user key_in to distinguish which subscription to be used. To support check and balance future accounting package integration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re working with the Azure Resource Manager team to enable management group and subscription tags. Once this is available, you will be able to tag subscriptions for a specific cost center or project.

In the meantime, build out your organizational hierarchy using management groups, where each team gets a set of subscriptions, and create tag policies to apply a standard set of tags on resources.

20. "Resource costs" table should clarify what it's showing

It's unclear what the Cost column in the "Resource costs" table is showing you. I think it's "cumulative cost since beginning of billing period". I'd recommend making that clear somehow, and also showing the cost per month of the resource.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base