Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How do i add Google Accounts to CloudDyn if the tab is missing?

Trying to Add GCP accounts into the mix for billing accounts all our clouds and the tab missing..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We are a CSP - need to apply a markup to all resource costs for display to clients

We have customers who want the ability to track their usage in real-time and we can configure users and restrict access to their subscriptions but we'd rather not show our CSP costs. So instead of a 1-off custom charge it would be great if a markup percentage could be applied across all their views.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need one SINGLE portal for Azure Global, Azure China, and Azure Gov cost management

I believe there are many companies having the same problem with us that they are using both Azure China and Azure Global. Although the two Azure belong to different Azure product line, it is quite inconvenient to see management information from two separate places. It is recommended to have a combined portal for both cost and resource management.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cloudyn integration with GCP

It would be nice if Cloudyn was once again able to integrate with Google Cloud and pull in GCP Information. The marketing on Cloudyn's website is very misleading as it suggests that GCP is supported though it's only supported for pre-existing GCP configurations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scheduled dashboard based reports

Currently I have around 20 scheduled reports configured and emailed out for a weekly governance board. Taking each of the reports and manually presenting this in a powerpoint deck is very time consuming.

I have created two dashboards with the corresponding reports which I have found easier to screenshot and paste in to slides than using the automated individual reports. The governance process requires that the reports presented are filed so I cannot just present the online dashboard.

It would be great if the view of the whole dashboard could be automated to get a scheduled email with the dashboard…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! Since everything is being moved to the Azure portal, we’ll focus our efforts on making new tiles are available for all cost data. In the meantime, please vote this up to let us know how important it is to you and consider using Power BI dashboard, which already support this capability.

6. Currency symbols

Show local currency symbols on all dashboards and reports that need it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lack of access to Cloudyn for 3rd tier resellers

It turns out that as a 3rd tier reseller I do not have access to Cloudyn and I cannot give my customers access. Given this limitation, it is very unclear to me how an Azure reseller at my level can make the case for purchasing through me versus the Pay As You Go program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable calculation in local currency than $ value

Hello,

We are CSP and generated custom reports with markup . Now it is showing cost in $ (USD) . Infact we need to give billing to customers in Indian Rupees. I dont see any option to change currency value.
    please help

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We only support the billing currency for Azure enrollments today. We’ll add support for CSP subscriptions. We’re also looking into allowing customization at any level (entity) as well as giving individuals the ability to quickly switch to other currencies. We’d love to get feedback on this. Let us know how flexible you need it to be.

9. Do not send empty Unattched disk report files

In the unattached disk report email. i get empty csv files (just the headers and no item rows)

But because the email never gies me an item count i always have to download and open the empty file to see that it's empty.

it would be better to just say there are "0" items and don't attach an empty file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Optimization Unattached Disk Reporting

When downloading the details to .csv there are disks that show unattached even though they have an attached instance ID shown in column L. I don't think these should show up as unattached disks on the report so maybe a bug? Also, it would be nice if the reporting could filter our ASR disks as those run unattached by design.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure Cost Management for App Services

It would be good to have the option for Azure App Services/ Web Apps on Azure Cost Management or Cloudyn.
    Currently, there is no an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cloudyn admin

Hi,

Currently we have installed Cloudyn on our EA, but is not to us clear who is the admin of the implementation. This means that other user that would like to use Cloudyn receive the follow notification: "We are waiting for approval from your organization's Cloudyn admin to grant you access.". Due to that we are not able to identify who is the admin the requested user is not able to use Cloudyn.

It would be helpful to have an overview who is the admin to get the requested permission.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Share dashboards with specific people and groups - not entities

We work in a way that service owners may have resources belong to them on several subscriptions, so all users can see the cost data of the entire EA account. (root entity level).
    Our managers want to share dashboards they create with specific people, other managers or people in their team, but not publicly to all users in our Cloudyn.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management/dashboards#share-a-custom-dashboard

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sharing dashboards with people will be addressed in native Cost Management as more flexible cost analysis tiles are built out. You can already pin the default view to a dashboard and share the dashboard with people or groups.

Let us know if there are any specific tile configurations you need, so we can add those as well.

14. Enable Manual Sync Triggers from within the Cloudyn Portal

We need to have the ability to trigger a manual sync to the Azure Billing API from within the Cloudyn portal instead of being at the mercy of the timing of refreshes.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In Azure cost reports provide Instance Id under 'Instance Id' field for classic Vm's instead of cloud service name

Current report is giving 'Cloud Service Id' under 'Instance Id' column for azure classic vm's. So we have no way to drill down to a Vm's cost using this report, (please let me know if there is?). Can we provide the VM's reference here? like we do for all other resource types( storage account, disk, ARM vm's etc)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable extended metrics through Log Analytics

The extended metrics doc says that Azure diagnostics are required for this to work, specifically that Log Analytics is not supported:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cost-management/azure-vm-extended-metrics

This should be improved so that multiple methods of collecting information and monitoring are not needed on IaaS resources.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Storage Type in RDS Active Instances Report

Is there a way to get the Storage Type field (gp2, io1, magnetic) added to the RDS Active Instances Report? Glad I can get the amount, but type matters too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reports in Japanese delivered by Cloudyn get garbled

Cloudyn Support said "The issue is due to Japanese language in Cloudyn portal. As of now Cloudyn support only English language and when attaching the report the converter is not able to load the language."

We hope Cloudyn will support Japanese soon!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ARM credentials supported for use with CSP accounts

Extreem important for the tool to be usable for CSP's!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dynamic Sizing and Filtering of tables

The data in table view is limited in size, please allow for resizing and dynamic filtering in the column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback on Cloudyn. We’ll address this as part of the new cost analysis feature in the Azure portal. You can access that today by going to your EA billing account (enrollment) or subscription blade and opening “Cost analysis” in the menu. Support for non-EA accounts is coming soon.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base