Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Abiltiy to select more than 12 months at a time

Currently you are only able to select a 12 month window to report on costs. It would be helpful to be able to select more than 12 months so you can view multiple years

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choose columns to export

It would be great to be able to select the columns to be exported from Cost Management. For example, to have the resource name and a tag (or all tags) available in one report.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Cost Management: Please add fields Quantity, Charge Type, VMType, PublisherType to reports and exports

Please re-provide the field 'Charge_type' in the ACM export for the cost per resource report. The ChargeType field was part of the ACM export report last month and is not available anymore (as is the field 'PublisherType'')

Please also provide the field 'Quantity' in the export, meaning the number of consumed hours for a resource, like a Virtual Machine of Virtual Machine license.

Please also provide the field VMtype in ACM and the ACM Cost Per Resource report. The field meter is not precise enough to order a specific Azure reservation. For example in case of a virtual machine with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. compare cost over time

At present, we can view the cost over a particular time period. Pls add the option to compare costs over two different time periods through graphs or in table view.
    e.g. February vs March cost comparison at resource group level

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. R library for Cost Management

I would love to have a library for R language where I can easily specify the period, columns to be exported from Cost Management.
    From time to time the format of exported data changes and my scripts fail. I would need to have columns like Resource Type, Subscription when I group the data by a tag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export data for previous month

I would like to be able to export data for previous month with the scheduled export, so I can have an export running on the 1th of the month, there's exporting all transaction-linies for the previous month.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Month-to-month Comparison View

For trend analysis it would be ideal to be able to compare one month's daily consumption against another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customer cost vs CSP cost in Azure Lighthouse cost analysis

In Azure Lighthouse we would like to be able to see the same cost as the customer sees in the Subscription Cost Analysis so we can easily compare the cost difference between what the customer will pay and what we pay.

Preferably we would like to be able to see it in the same view at the same time. So that we can compare them in a good way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. phone number to call someone related to billing questions

seems difficult to get in touch with anyone related to billing questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. export a list of untagged resources

Its great that you added "Untagged", "Tags not available" & "Tags not supported". Much appreciated!
    When grouping by specific tag and selecting to filter by "Untagged"
    Data is not shown and there is a message saying "No usage or purchases reported during this period - Remove filters".
    I would like to see these untagged resources, especially in a table view and export them so I could fill in the gaps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reserved Instance Purchases Skew Cost Forecasting

The Azure consumption cost forecasting is VERY useful tool for budgeting and cost monitoring but the algorithms need to be tuned so that RI purchases do not skew the calculations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I don't know AKS is so expenses, I didn't create any application. then I have to pay 200USD

I don't know AKS is so expenses, I didn't create any application. then I have to pay 200USD

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Broken Azure Cost Analysis Report "Group by"="Meter Category", or "Service Name" -> No data.

Creating custom reports, I use several predefined/saved monthly reports, which worked just fine...until this month.
    Using "Group by" fails (no data found) when selecting "Meter Category", or "Service Name".

I tried recreating the reports from scratch - using the exact steps which worked to create the original reports - but, same problem.

As a workaround, for now, I selected "Group by" = "ReourceType", which finds data, but that data is clearly different (than "Meter Category" and "Service Name") and so is a problem for the report recipients (and therefore me).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make the total cost match the invoice!

The total costs do not match the amount that was invoiced for the same period. This report is useless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. have the area chart's floating legend react to area hovered over by emboldening the series name

when viewing a chart grouped by any resource and then hovering over the resource in the chart a floating legend appears. It would be nice if this floating legend reacted by indicating which series name you are hovering the pointer over by bolding the text in the legend.

the arbitrary colour choice is poor accessible ui practise and this would alleviate some of the issues it causes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Weekly Granularity

I'd love a "Weekly" granularity. Daily is messy because we have a difference in weekend/weekday traffic and monthly is too wide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Cost Management App (Large Data Sets

We are leveraging the new Azure Cost Management PBI App. After initial setup with one months of data we increased the number of months of data to 12. This failed with the following error(s):

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We cannot convert the value null to type Record."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Usage details.
    Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
    Activity ID: 7add63eb-0b60-4798-b469-654c98eff78e
    Request ID: a82107d7-6b53-4bea-ba43-8d4fa555aa0f
    Time: 2020-06-12 00:18:13Z

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","pbi.error":{"code":"ModelRefreshShortMessageProcessingError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Message","detail":{"type":1,"value":"We cannot convert the value null to type Record."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Usage details amortized.
    Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
    Activity ID: 384b514e-0496-444d-bce0-77b0320978cb
    Request ID: 00595011-d185-a48c-14ab-d1e31bea43fe
    Time: 2020-06-10 22:28:13Z

After rolling back…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When changing the offer type, keep cost analysis for the old offer available

We recently changed from Pay-as-you-Go to MCA, only to discover we could no longer do a cost analysis on data before the switch.

In the end we obtained the historical usage reports from Support to do a manual analysis. Having the old data available would have saved us a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Azure Cost Calculator scenario injection into Azure Cost Management

It would be great to create configurations in the Azure Cost Calculator and inject them into the Azure Cost Management. Then you can monitor against your original configuration (for a specific service) and check how the actual costs are performing against the initial (configured) calculated budget. This will provide clear insights for decision making and definitely will save time (manual tagging / analysis).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tell us what "other azure purchases" means

Can anyone tell me what "other azure purchase", or "no resource group" or "no resource" means when I'm looking at the billing analysis?

Come on, there's got to be better detail provided other than "other azure purchases". How am I supposed to know what to do with "other azure purchases"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base