Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to have option to select selective Subscriptions other than Management Group

Need to have option to select selective Subscriptions other than Management Group.

To be honest this is a very cumbersome process to create every time a new management group if I would like to do cost analysis over only a specific set of subscriptions where I`m authorized to.
    We have over 1000 subscriptions and our project leaders would like to get cost overviews over a specific set of subscriptions which is also frequently changing.

In other services like in Security Center or Azure Advisor or All Resources I can select which subscriptions out of my global filter to include without…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clouds + accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show nested pipeline consumption

Right now, it is possible to track billable resource consumption per pipeline run and per activity, or per day in the Invoice Details.

However, ADF design often pushes for using nested pipelines, especially due to some limitations of conditionals and loops. As a result, it is very tedious to calculate exactly how much resources were consumed in a tree of pipelines invoked by one root pipeline.

Whenever the cost optimization effort results in a refactoring that changes the number or the structure of invoked pipelines it is a remarkably time-consuming task to analyze the outcome of the effort.

Please consider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets + alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Build billing report using multiple tags

Hello,

As currently there no possibility to build report using multiple tags, we would like to suggest to enable this option.

Here is an example of how we would like to be able to do the billing reporting, to be able to group based on multiple tags instead of just one tag as it is right now possible:

tag:companycreatedBy <----- tag grouping all resources based on who created those
    |
    +-- tag:company
    associatedVM <----- tag grouping all resources based on VM they belong to
    |
    +-- daily costs grouped together...

Kindly let me know your thoughts on this and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Cost Management Exports to Storage Account with Firewall enabled

Currently, we cannot configure Cost Exports to send to a Storage Account with the Firewall turned on. This causes an issue from a Data Security perspective, as we wish to secure this data down to only permitted services to access. I would like MS to consider allowing an Export to be sent to a Storage Account with the Firewall enabled.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable the usage of management groups in Cost management for CSP

We would love to use management groups while under a CSP contract (as customer). Right now we're unable to use management groups to group multiple subscriptions in cost management to view aggregated costs.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hourly granularity for cost data

I'm puzzled by the lack of hourly granularity in cost data in portal and via API. Most everything in the cloud is charged by the hour, if not even by the seconds.
    Yet there is no way to see hourly cost.
    One of the big cloud promises is elasticity; capacity on demand. As such, there is every expectation that my cost should vary throughout the day as well as day-by-day. Please make this visible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Budgets + alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Central overview of all budgets independently from the “scope” of a budget

It would be good if you can create an central table with an overview of all budgets independently from the “scope” of a budget. This table overview should also have a column who contains the configured scope of the budget. This view should show all the budgets regardless of the scope like enrollment , department, account, management group, subscription or resource group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. F1: Free

I scaled down my app service plan to F1: Free a couple of days ago. Why does cost analysis still show that I am accruing charges for the app service plan?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Budgets and Alerts for Amortized cost

Creating this post on behalf of customer, service request 120071625002599.
    The possibility to create budgets for Amortized cost and getting alerts in the same way as for Actual cost is extremely important. Otherwise it could lead to uncontrolled high costs for customer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DOn't charge so much money for VMs that are clearly being used as POC or testing machines

You have a massive amount of AI aimed at your own cloud. When it is clear to your AI that a VM was in existence for a short period of time and obviously not used as a continuous production machine, you should factor that into your billing mechanism and charge a rate that recognizes non-production usage. You make it really expensive to use your cloud for POC testing. You are much more expensive than other clouds for POC testing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Using kusto (ADX) for analyzing costs

Log analytics already allows us to query our log data via Kusto. If we could query the costs in a similar way (e.g. per resource per hour) we could easily build our own aggregations and visualizations on top of this, even use it to define budget alerts in a faster way then with current GUI based approach

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PREVIEW: New views for resources and reservations (cost analysis preview)

This is a placeholder for feedback on the cost analysis preview, a new framework for cost reporting and analytics. The new platform will be the foundation for many new experiences within the Azure portal—from new views with improved tables and charting to integrated insights and scheduling email notifications of your saved views. What you see today is just the beginning!

The cost analysis preview includes:
    - Faster cost by resource view ("Resources" view)
    - Informational insights about your data (e.g. top RG, top type)
    - New "Resource groups" view with nested resources
    - New "Subscriptions" view (for management groups and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Display Cost Analysis data in local time

It would be really nice if Cost Analysis data can be also displayed in local time instead of UTC.

Currently, it is really hard to correlate resource usage in local time with billing in UTC.
    Also, you can't clearly see weekends consumption in billing because of the time overlap.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cost Management data in Azure Workbooks

Would love to be able to create charts and diagrams in Azure Workbooks.
    Reason: To create multiview cost management charts today we pin charts to Azure dashboard, using workbooks would give us alot more functionality and access to new UI features.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. sla

show SLA on deployed infrastructure vs Azure official sLA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chargeback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow EA admins or Account admins to select the Accounts where RI need to be applied for Shared scope when it comes to EA

Allow EA admins or Account admins to select the Accounts where RI need to be applied for Shared scope when it comes to EA. Current design is to apply RI to any account when shared scope is selected and this makes it difficult for calculating charge back for big companies that have multiple company entities under one EA Enrollment

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Change in the cost analysis (previous version) the names used

Change in the cost analysis (previous version) the names used in the scope of Azure Invoice to -> Invoice for Your Azure XX Account, and make the monthly billing period clearer, putting the name or menu, your monthly billing period .

The cost analysis is excellent, it just needs to have clearer expressions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove the second automated "untagged" item

For the following report:
    View - AccumulatedCosts
    Date Range - 12 months
    Granularity - Monthly
    Group by - Tag Application

Our reports show two Untagged Items that contain different resources but continue to make our reports look inconsistent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Removing and adding a new "Tag" filter inside Cost Analysis breaks the filter menus

Inside the Azure Cost Management -> Cost Analysis main page, I want to create multiple shared views.

So I start with the default "Accumulated costs" view, and add a filter. I choose Tag type, and then my Tag name, and finally my desired Value. The cost data reflects the filter correctly. I save the view as a new shared view.

I then EITHER:
    1) Clear the tag filter by clicking the little red "x" next to the filter, OR
    2) Select the default "Accumulated costs" view to reset the view.

Here's where the bug shows up. When I add a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base