Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Storage Type in RDS Active Instances Report

Is there a way to get the Storage Type field (gp2, io1, magnetic) added to the RDS Active Instances Report? Glad I can get the amount, but type matters too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ARM credentials supported for use with CSP accounts

Extreem important for the tool to be usable for CSP's!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Dynamic Sizing and Filtering of tables

The data in table view is limited in size, please allow for resizing and dynamic filtering in the column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback on Cloudyn. We’ll address this as part of the new cost analysis feature in the Azure portal. You can access that today by going to your EA billing account (enrollment) or subscription blade and opening “Cost analysis” in the menu. Support for non-EA accounts is coming soon.

4. Add Oracle Licence Costs (oc) as an additional parameter in the Operation field of the Azure Resource Explorer

Hi,
    Using Cloudyn, if I wish I can view the breakdown of VM consumption costs only, by choosing the value “hw” in the Operation field from the CSV file that I can download from the Azure Resource Explorer. I can see the operating system costs by choosing the value “os” in the Operation field/service from the CSV file. I can also see the Microsoft Windows Licence costs (Windows SQL Server) by choosing the value “sw” in the Operation field/service from the CSV file.
    It would be really useful if it was possible to also view the Oracle licence costs? If…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Instance Utilization Over Time report should show Azure/ Workers data.

Currently it only shows a limited number of the VMs that I get charged for. My COO requested this data and unfortunately I have no way to get an aggregated report of my VMs in Cloudyn. Only a portion of them show up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. API for updating custom charges

Markup via custom charges should only be maintained in one place. An API for changing the custom charge maintained in the CRM or billing system would make this possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Smarter Data Range ( Remove incomplete data range from reports )

For example :
    When we like to read the "Weekly" analysis of "Actual Cost Over Time" report "From beginning of previous month"

We saw the data range is correct, which starts from week
    "2018-04-29 - 2018-05-05" but the total cost is wrong.
    it contains only the cost "2018-05-01 - 2018-05-05"

This also happens on the Current Week. The reports / figures show a lower cost there previous, as this week were stilling going .

They make misunderstanding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Scheduled email report of instance cost, string "[ERROR]" appears in the email.

We have a daily scheduled email report of Instance Cost Allocation, (From beginning of month).
    The string "[ERROR]" started to appears in the emails, since Saturday 05.05.2018.

The report groups by tags Description & Owner, groups by Service & Account Name and filters by Account Name.

It looks like a bug, isn't it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloudyn  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have a single console for multiple Direct CSP tenancies?

Would it be possible to enable a single Cloudyn instance to manage multiple Direct CSP tenancies. As CSP is geo-bound we have a different tenancy in each geo. Cloudyn does not seem to allow more than a single direct CSP tenancy to be configured.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In Azure cost reports provide Instance Id under 'Instance Id' field for classic Vm's instead of cloud service name

Current report is giving 'Cloud Service Id' under 'Instance Id' column for azure classic vm's. So we have no way to drill down to a Vm's cost using this report, (please let me know if there is?). Can we provide the VM's reference here? like we do for all other resource types( storage account, disk, ARM vm's etc)?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base