Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show recommendations with cost savings in cost analysis

spinning up vm's for testing , shutting them down in couple of hours is very costly.. Cost analysis should also include savings like how developers while testing their deployment templates can optimize the cost utlilisation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transition away from donut charts (poor usability) toward bar charts (high usability)

Would be great if we could save the pie for dessert, and shift away from donut charts toward a default of more easily consumable bar charts.

http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/visual_business_intelligence/save_the_pies_for_dessert.pdf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This has always been the plan. The donut charts were part of the Cloudyn acquisition. Each chart will support full customization, like the main chart. We don’t have an ETA on this, but vote it up to let us know how important it is to you. We’re going down the list of requests.

3. Cost analysis for contributors under an Enterprise Agreement

I need the resource group contributor or similar role to have the ability to see cost analysis on the resource group level only. It is important they not be able to see the cost analysis on the subscription level or other resource groups they don't have permission to access. This allows the user to have visibility and control of the spending of their project. We are looking to provide visibility to resource group owners.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already available for Enterprise Agreement (EA) subscriptions and resource groups. Support for pay-as-you-go and dev/test is coming soon. While the old cost by resource table isn’t available for CSP today, the new cost analysis experience is also in progress for CSP subscriptions.

4. Add 'cost estimate valid to' date/time column to Azure cost analysis screens

As there is a known lag between cost of resources being incurred and data reaching various Cost Analysis reports, a column capturing the timestamp of the validity of the costs displayed would allow better cost estimation and impact analysis of changes in configuration or traffic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Localize group by and filter options

This is a very important progress for the monitoring of consumption
    By with the labels on the pie charts are still in English thank you for putting everything in French we deserve it well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Revert to old cost analysis

Since you removed the old cost analysis Its been a big pain to see the cost grouped by resource group and to drill down in each resource group to see the resource cost.

I suggest that you revert back to the old cost analysis without graphs where you could see ALL (not only top 10) resource groups and also could drill down and see the cost per resource inside each resource group without having to exit the current view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll improve the data table view and enable the same ability to drill down. You can still get to the old cost by resource experience by clicking the “Cost by resource” command at the top of the blade for now.

Please let us know if there are any specifics you’d like to see.

7. Unique ResourceLocation string in cost analysis

There are different ResourceLocation field for the same location in Cost analysis.

Grouping by ResourceLocation in Cost analysis shows East US location in 3 different format
    - eastus
    - useast
    - East US

Similar problem with East US2
    - eastus2
    - useast2

Please consolidate, use one string for one location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BYOL report for Azure EA account ?

Hi,

Can you please provide BYOL report for Azure EA accounts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. See running costs in portal / cost management

The page https://account.azure.com/Subscriptions lists subscriptions and for each subscription, I can see the current usage of that subscription. Azure offsers Cost Management (Cloudyn) -- I suppose they offer better insight and more elaborate analyses -- but the data included in the linked account page could be very useful.

It could very well be that it is already included somewhere, but I can't find it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add previous 10 day predefined Cost Analysis reporting

We use the Actual Cost over Time report in Cost Analysis for weekly reporting. Due to the latency of data entering Cloudyn it would be really useful to have a previous days in the drop down so that we can get a full weeks of data. Currently the only way to do this is to set a date range and change the range every week.

For 30 reports this is very time consuming.

The predefined previous 30 days available is too long a period for us as we want to scrutinise just the changes since the previous week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. where is the Azure Sql as a service in the cost by service drop down

where is the Azure Sql as a service in the cost by service drop down, right now there is no place for me to specify I want to see the costs just for azure sql… or epools. you have generalized the services for some lame reason. The built in cost adviser in azure does this so why would I use this service as an add on that costs us?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. invoice items

not only have usage-based Invoices available. we need Invoices to different by Ressource Groups and Tags so we can difference the cost for cost unites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Subscription Cost analysis timespan: once dissabled will not reenable

I selected last month. It said there was not data and then greyed out the timespan so i could not change back to current.

had to leave and comeback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enhance Azure Cost Management Reporting

Microsoft offers power BI content packs which show on-going Azure consumption costs. I have had an opportunity to use the PowerBI reporting on the Azure environment costs (via Azure Consumption Insights) and have some suggestions.

a. I like the fact that PBI includes a ‘top 5 drivers’ of usage but it is at such a high level with no capability to drill through to detail that it is not as useful as it could be.

b. The information is presented on a monthly basis, which is fine but it lacks the month-to-month variance comparison which would allow us to call…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. cost analysis, download csv

When using the Costs by Resource grid and selecting "Download", columns are separated by comma.
    this created a conflict with decimals and thousands separator.
    Export in cs format will be very helpfull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Value Column to Daily Usage section of the Azure billing CSV

We need a daily breakdown of the cost of a pay-as-you-go subscription, either as cost per day or cost per item per day. I see the itemised usage CSV file gives a cost value for each item type but the daily breakdown does not include this value.

As an example: Our bills run from the 21st to the 20th but we need to split one of them on the 9th. Before is between two customers and after is just one, so we need to split the cost fairly.

I think we can work out a way to calculate it based…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding vhd name used in usage CSV file

In the usage file kindly add the vhd name used for every storage. I'm facing a case that we need to separate the consumption for every machine because it is carried on different cost accounts in my company. There are cases when there are different virtual machines attached to different vhd on the same storage. when the file downloaded it will be difficult to differentiate between the cost of the storage of both machines because they are in the same storage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Cost analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Subscription Burn Rate Graph" should show cost by resource!

It's already an area graph... now make it a stacked area graph! ;)

Also a note on the x axis for if billing agreement changed would make sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base