Cost Management

Microsoft Azure Cost Management helps you effectively monitor, control, and optimize cloud costs across your organization. Learn more in the Cost Management documentation.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Broken Azure Cost Analysis Report "Group by"="Meter Category", or "Service Name" -> No data.

Creating custom reports, I use several predefined/saved monthly reports, which worked just fine...until this month.
    Using "Group by" fails (no data found) when selecting "Meter Category", or "Service Name".

I tried recreating the reports from scratch - using the exact steps which worked to create the original reports - but, same problem.

As a workaround, for now, I selected "Group by" = "ReourceType", which finds data, but that data is clearly different (than "Meter Category" and "Service Name") and so is a problem for the report recipients (and therefore me).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Cost Management: Please add fields Quantity, Charge Type, VMType, PublisherType to reports and exports

Please re-provide the field 'Charge_type' in the ACM export for the cost per resource report. The ChargeType field was part of the ACM export report last month and is not available anymore (as is the field 'PublisherType'')

Please also provide the field 'Quantity' in the export, meaning the number of consumed hours for a resource, like a Virtual Machine of Virtual Machine license.

Please also provide the field VMtype in ACM and the ACM Cost Per Resource report. The field meter is not precise enough to order a specific Azure reservation. For example in case of a virtual machine with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show "Deleted" or not for each resource in the Cost Analysis

Show "Deleted" or not for each resource in the Cost Analysis.
    Because only existed resources are affecting the cost, but deleted resources not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add cost analysis focus mode to show the 20% that consume 80% of cost

When I perform cost analysis to save money on resources, I need a way to focus on the most expensive resources. Right now, I just order resources by cost and skim through them.
    I would like to have functionality that give me more focus to configure cost analysis to show the Y% of resources that consume that top X%.
    This will make easy for developers to focus on specific elements and share objective business case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save a view based on Custom Dates - so it preserves these dates as a sliding window.

So Mars Inc uses a 4 week period calendar. We'd really like to be able to save a 4 week range.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In Report Exports seperate Subscription ID

When you download the cost report extract in CSV/Excel the subscription information is in the format "subscription name (subscription id)". Please separate out the name and ID into seperate fields so it is easy to analyse with other datasets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cost Analysis Forecast should take less than a week to update

I recently added some new storage to my account, and the Cost Analysis tool says "Changes in usage may take up to a week to be reflected." This makes it really hard for me to judge my increase usage and it's effect on the spend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cost by resource view should show the total cost based on current filters

Right now when viewing a past invoice in the "Cost by resource" view, there isn't a simple way to view the total cost of all the resources that match the currently applied filters (global filter and column filter).

It would be great if the Actual Cost would reflect the resources that are actually being displayed according to the filters.
    Or, when at least one filter is applied, a new total is displayed: "Filtered Cost" or something like that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cost Forecasts do not distinguish between one-time (or irregular) costs and monthly costs

I recently purchased an SSL certificate for 1 year, which costs far more than my regular subscription. However, the forecast that I am given seems to suggest I am going to buy an SSL certificate every month.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Deleted ressource pricing still appear.

It still show my deleted ressource pricing. Not exactly sure if they have been deleted or not, but that stressed me out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pin Cost alerts view to dashboards

Hi, I would like to be able to pin Cost alerts to the dashboard. That's all. That'd be awesome!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export of "Grp by Resource Name" is not working (i.e. Not grouped by Resource Name)

When manually generating a "last month" report of costs in a subscription, have selected to "Group by Resource Name".
    While the visual/chart appears correct, the export (to excel) does NOT Group by Resource Name. Instead, all individual resources are listed.
    This worked up until last Feb (2/16/2020).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. show unit usage amount when selecting group by resource in cost analysis

When you select group by resource you get a view that shows resource type, resource group etc which is great for providing itemised billing for our clients. It would be great if we could add additional columns to show the units of measure and the usage amount in this same view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reserved Instance Purchases Skew Cost Forecasting

The Azure consumption cost forecasting is VERY useful tool for budgeting and cost monitoring but the algorithms need to be tuned so that RI purchases do not skew the calculations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. microsoftazure

Reservation reporting - to show the cost savings for each reservation. Customers can see their costs but many have asked to have the cost savings calculated for each reservation purchased.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tengo problema con mi suscripció y todavia no me han resuelto.

Me pusieron por error un servicio que no uso y ahora después de 2 años no puedo pagarlo y tengo mi aplicación fuera de servicio.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dynamically query get the last few months of usage data

Using the usage API for example, I want to get billing data for the last few months from today (x number of months).

Example:
    https://management.azure.com/{scope}/providers/Microsoft.Consumption/usageDetails?api-version=2019-10-01?$filter=usageStart -eq 3months

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Are the dates in UTC or local timezone?

If they are local, then this data seems to be ~20 hours old.
    If they are UTC, then it's ~10 hours old.

It's quite a big difference, could you tell me on the chart, perhaps when I hover over the x axis?

Even better, you could give me the choice - UTC or local

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

All dates are in UTC. We’ll make this more obvious in the portal.

We can also look at a setting that allows you to see data in local time, but keep in mind those times won’t map to calendar periods, which might look confusing.

Separate from this, we’re also looking at showing when the last data snapshot was taken.

19. Drill into the costs for Databricks resources

The new feature "Drill into the costs for your resources" is amazing!
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/updates/drill-into-the-costs-for-your-resources/

Would you mind add links between the Databricks resource cost and its managed resources.

I am thinking about Databricks clusters VM and network resources located in the Databricks managed resource group.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. What if analysis if I say select 10 * 5 running time against reserved instances

Would be good to know if its better to use reserved instances or 10*5 running time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base