Azure Key Vault

We are listening! Please take a few moments to submit your ideas or up-vote already submitted ideas by others. Azure Key Vault team regularly monitors and reviews all feedback submitted on this forum. You will be one of the first to know when a requested feature will be worked on! So be sure to vote or submit your ideas! Remember this site is for feature suggestions and ideas. For technical questions please try documentation, MSDN Forum or StackOverFlow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rotate secrets when they are uploaded in bulk to vault

As a compliance activity we remove secrets (app secrets, connection strings, etc) from code and upload them to Azure Key Vault. That provides an opportunity to roll them and have fresh secrets at the moment they are put into the vault.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Managing application secrets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow certificate upload from Azure Storage

Currently, the only way to upload a certificate to a Key Vault is to have the file stored locally on the computer that is doing the upload.
    Having the possibility to upload the cert from a Blob would be ideal, as that would mean our certificates could be safely hosted being encrypted Azure Storage, and retrieved with a SAS and directly uploaded to Azure Key Vault without needing to download it locally, and then upload it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft should be using standards based key exchanges

Microsoft should not be calling out a specific vendor and have them be a requirement. Instead, they should offer a standards based solution that allows the customer to use their existing HSM. Thales might not be the right choice for every enterprise.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure taught students how to defame my reputation and how to spend my money Edge is downloaded and running Apache My name is Lyda G Bonds

Azure taught a wonderful team called the 403b and the 401k team and now I am being controlled by them Great Job! What happened to your ethics as a company?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BYOK for Gemalto Luna

How can I BYOK to Azure from Gemalto Luna SA?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. excellent

know better the security of rotation of applicable keys and passwords , with HSMs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Encryption at rest  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Key vault document is really messy

The current key vault document is really messy, it's really hard to know the whole e2e workflow to setup a keyvault for a web app.

For example, where to get the client id and client password, how to connect the key vault with application, why there are so many old portal screenshots, why so many powershell scripts if we can just click some button via portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing application secrets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support mutliple lifetime actions for certificate policies

Currently you can specify only one lifetime action in a certificate policy. Most of the time I want an automatic rollover but I also want to know that this happened because I need to take some additional actions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow key vault metrics to accessed via Metrics and via CLI

The individual key vault page shows several key metrics (total requests, average latency, success ratio) and even the "Metrics (preview)" (when accessed via the key vault page) shows the same metrics (albeit with a different name).

However, these metrics cannot be access via the Metrics (either current GA or preview) blade. Nor can they be accessed via the Azure CLI.

It would be useful to be able to correlate key vault metrics with other service metrics (such as app services), to do this it is necessary to have the data accessible via the metrics blade or the CLI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add deployment slots

Configuration secrets such as connection strings will change from one deployment slot to another. Adding the deployment slot concept to Key Vault would eliminate the need to hack that concept into the secret names and the code used to retrieve the secrets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Key vault key upload fails because the password cannot be set

I've seen in documentation that the key upload for the key vault has a password input for keys that are password protected. However, when I try to upload a key using the UI, this input box is not shown. Tried in Edge and Chrome, latest.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ensure Key Vault Access Policies publish Group name to displayname when delegated

currently when delegating permissions to secrets and keys to groups the group name is not published into the "displayname" attribute of the vault key. only the object ID exists. nightmare for role segregation mgmt.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide integration to push values from Portal to KeyVault

While there are other posts about being able to manage KeyVault content from the Portal (which is needed, in fact), there should also be integration to do direct-push to KeyVault. In particular, Storage Keys would be the first item (click on button, select existing vault or new vault, select key name or new key name.) Same should extend to SQL Azure Connection Strings, Service Bus Connection Strings, etc.

Use the current user's AAD to set the permission just as if they were using PowerShell and had typed "Login-AzureRmAccount". They're already staring at the value (in the case of Storage Keys.)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base