Do you have an idea or a suggestion for Azure Key Vault based on your experience?

Provide a search text box in keyvault to search for a key

Currently portal supports a way to see the keyvault and keys + secrets stored in it. However the secrets section does not provide a search text box to search for a particular secret. The portal just lists the first 10 secrets in the vault and shows a 'Load more' button.

If a keyvault has hundreds of keys in it getting to the desired key takes several mouse clicks in most cases. Simple ask is to provide a search text box to search for the desired key.

I understand I can use powershell to get the secret directly. But sometimes remembering exact key names is not fun and having this search text box to search for a desired key will make it very helpful.

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Prabu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ram Dass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing applies to certificate search. When there are hundreds of certs stored in AKV, it becomes slightly difficult to find a cert by going though the list 1/1. So it would be nice if AKV UI can provide certificates/secrets ‘search’ option

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We store a lot of customer specific, configuration related secrets in the vault. We need a way to search the secrets for a specific secret name or partial name, rather that scrolling down through the list and clicking the "Load more" link 100 times. It's a huge pain point for anyone who has to look up secrets in the vault. Please add search functionality.

• Sharad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Prabu, I have created a chrome extension for it. If u wish to use that I can share with you. I can not attach that here otherwise I would have shared.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, key vault gives you so much pain while searching for a key. I assume they don't agree with the idea of being user friendly

Feedback and Knowledge Base