Azure Key Vault

We are listening! Please take a few moments to submit your ideas or up-vote already submitted ideas by others. Azure Key Vault team regularly monitors and reviews all feedback submitted on this forum. You will be one of the first to know when a requested feature will be worked on! So be sure to vote or submit your ideas! Remember this site is for feature suggestions and ideas. For technical questions please try documentation, MSDN Forum or StackOverFlow

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Key vault should not allow it to be deleted

The Key vault should not allow it to be deleted, as long as it has associations with other resources. In Azure the vast majority of resources have this restriction, for a resource as important as the Key Vault should also have this validation before allowing its elimination.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Managing application secrets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Secure export options and access to KeyVault secrets from login screens

Would be great to have following options in Key Vault – structured security permissions for all cryptographic resources. Possibility to deliver KeyVault secrets to users in secure way – direct export to encrypted archive + password, without use of system clipboard. One more option – direct access to KeyVault secret from mstsc or Windows Hello login screen, without copying of the sensitive information via system clipboard. Together with MFA security option KeyVault secret assigned to appropriate user can work as primary or backup login option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing application secrets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I facing issue while settng / getting secret keys using Key Voult API. I am getting 501 response from these API's

I facing issue while settng / getting secret keys using Key Voult API. I am getting 501 response from these API's

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Managing application secrets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't show Key Vault secrete values in the Azure Portal

Today when secrets are added to Key Vault, the value of secret is visible in Azure Portal (initially secrets are masked out, but clicking on secret allows to see its value secret).

There should be an option NOT to see secret's value once it’s added to the vault.

This way if Azure Portal is compromised, secretes are still secure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manually add (or re-add) App Service Key to Key Vault?

Is there a way that I can re-add my App Service Certificate to my Key Vault?
    The reason I'm asking is that I accidentally deleted the certificate from the Key Vault. The App Service Certificate resource is still there, but the certificate no longer shows up in my Key Vault (obviously).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53202773/azure-manually-add-app-service-certificate-to-key-vault

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Rotate secrets when they are uploaded in bulk to vault

As a compliance activity we remove secrets (app secrets, connection strings, etc) from code and upload them to Azure Key Vault. That provides an opportunity to roll them and have fresh secrets at the moment they are put into the vault.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Key vault document is really messy

The current key vault document is really messy, it's really hard to know the whole e2e workflow to setup a keyvault for a web app.

For example, where to get the client id and client password, how to connect the key vault with application, why there are so many old portal screenshots, why so many powershell scripts if we can just click some button via portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add deployment slots

Configuration secrets such as connection strings will change from one deployment slot to another. Adding the deployment slot concept to Key Vault would eliminate the need to hack that concept into the secret names and the code used to retrieve the secrets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base