Azure Key Vault

We are listening! Please take a few moments to submit your ideas or up-vote already submitted ideas by others. Azure Key Vault team regularly monitors and reviews all feedback submitted on this forum. You will be one of the first to know when a requested feature will be worked on! So be sure to vote or submit your ideas! Remember this site is for feature suggestions and ideas. For technical questions please try documentation, MSDN Forum or StackOverFlow

Do you have an idea or a suggestion for Azure Key Vault based on your experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Per-secret/key/certificate access control

Currently it's an all or nothing model. To grant a user account or app id access to one secret, you have to grant it access to the entire vault (as far as I can tell). This eliminates the possibility of least privilege access to secrets. In this model, the only way to create security boundaries for individual secrets is to create additional key vaults, which could get out of control fast if we need one key vault per application per environment. A better model would be to have independent access controls on both the vault and the individual secrets.

For…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Managing application secrets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Cert deployment - Allow regions to be different for keyvault and VM

today, VM and keyvault needs to be in same region. This causes lot of pain for services that have deployments in all Azure regions. We need to copy and rollover all same cert in all regions..

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please support Let's Encrypt as a first class auto rolling cert provider in Key Vault

It would be great to support a free SSL provider like Let's Encrypt that works with Key Vault auto roll.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Method for organising secrets in Key Vault (folders/sections)

I'm using key vault as a central key/value configuration repository. I have a lot of configuration keys, so navigating the vault has become tricky.

It would be really great if there was some form of cosmetic layer over the top, so that similar items could be grouped, to make navigation easier.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • download a vault credential without login to Azure portal

My coworker sometimes set up Azure Agent Backup, though he does not have azure portal login accont.
            So when he set up Azure Agent Backup, I need to download the vault credential and pass it to him every time.
            Because of this, my coworker cannot set up Azure Agent Backup when I cannot pass him a vault credential.
            So I want to download a vault credential without login to Azure portal.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ensure Key Vault Access Policies publish Group name to displayname when delegated

currently when delegating permissions to secrets and keys to groups the group name is not published into the "displayname" attribute of the vault key. only the object ID exists. nightmare for role segregation mgmt.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Key Vault Secret Backup / Restore Role

You can currently backup / restore keys from Keyvault. it would be helpful to be able to provide backup/ restore functionality and roles for Secrets.
                the current design assumption is these would also be stored within an on-prem password vault or documentation or equivalent. however operational best practice varies across companies as such a catch all should allow the backup and restore of secrets as you can with KEYS.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base