Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support/feature to invoke a Cluster Aware Update (CAU) run via Update Management

A feature to invoke a CAU run or patch clustered servers not setup for CAU.

Today we use Azure Runbooks to invoke CAUs or we stagger the update management schedule times for each cluster node. It's an ad-hoc workaround and it would be nice if this was something supported out-of-box with Update Management.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Option for Upgrades

I see that Updates with a Classification of Upgrade are not included in the Deployment. Please include this classification in the drop-down so that these upgrades can be included in the update deployment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How do I know when a server needs to be rebooted after an update

I'm updating numerous servers during a maintenance window. We've not yet been able to automate the reboot process so that our application doesn't get affected. Therefore, we need to manually perform a server reboot. I've chosen the option to never reboot a server after an update. How do I know when a server needs to be rebooted after an update, so that we schedule time to manually reboot the server?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tool is not mature and bunch of bugs. Back end need to work more to stable the tool. We need notification in prior if tool under maintenance

Tool is not mature and bunch of bugs. Back end need to work more to stable the tool. We need notification in prior if tool under maintenance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. arm or PS automation for onboarding VM's in update management

like to have arm or powershell automation solution to onboard VM's in update management

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a compliance policy for update management allowing to define acceptable delay

As soon as patches are available, VMs are automatically displayed as non-compliant. However, it often requires review, tests, ...

It could be great to be able to create a policy that allows to define for each kind of update what delay before applying the upgrade is acceptable or not and associate this with "shortcuts" to help to plan upgrades according to policy.

Example - A policy states that important security updates needs to be deployed during the next 12h
    * VMS are displayed as compliant during 12h (but something indicates that they require updates)
    * A button allows to plan…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1909 Feature Pack

1909 Feature pack will not install using update management. Can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please list OS Names in Update Management>History. We need to work on failed patches and install patches manually.

Please list OS Names in Update Management>History. We need to work on failed patches and install patches manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. there should be stop and run options should be available in update management job

update management- right now if we want to disable/enable or rerun the job, its not possible in azure update management provisioned jobs
    it should be available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i want this offf of my computer...i did not put on it was done remotely can anyone help me

what is this program someone put it on my com0uter I want it and everything associated with it taken off how do I do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Issue with New-AzAutomationSoftwareUpdateConfiguration - not registered VM

Hello,

i currently have a problem with onboarding vms to the updatemanagement. I have this issue also in other tenants.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Deployment of the Automation Account and LogAnalytics
    - Adding the VM to the UpdateManagment
    - Use New-AzAutomationSoftwareUpdateConfiguration to create a update configuration.

Then there is the error:

You have requested to create an update configuration on a machine that is not registered for Update Management. Assure that the machine is registered for Update Management. Machine Name(s) or Id(s): /subscriptions/xxxxxx/resourceGroups/xxxx/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/xxxxxxx/subscriptions/xxxxxxx/resourceGroups/xxxxx/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/xxxxx.

According to the Add-AzureVM window to update management, the VM is already enabled.

At the moment we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exclude a patch through by mentioning word like OFFICE along with current KB number option

Currently in our SCCM, part of monthly server patch Tuesday deployment, we do exclude Office and Webapps related patches. There is a option in SCCM deplement where We do write the word OFFICE, WEBAPPS under the option that the patches with this word be excluded. Wherein currently at AZURE UPDATE MANAGEMENT, we do not have option to exclude a specific patches by mentioning the patch that has specific word instead they only have option to exclude a SPECIFIC KB by mentioning its KB number. Can we have my additional requirement that is excluding by a "specific word" of patch like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I enabled update management 2 vms

on first vm it is showing November patch for updates but for 2nd VMs it is not showing only showing 0 patch

So how can i update November patch on 2nd VM using update management
    i also check from update history on VM, only October patch installed so i want to install Nov Patch using update management.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to sort by subscription

We have VM from various subscriptions in our workspace. It would be nice to be able to see their compliance by subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filtering update history in the portal

The history tab in the portal only gives the option to filter by status. I would love to be able to filter by update name. I've got hourly updates for virus definitions which swamps the log if I want to check less update schedules.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to preview updates when creating deployment schedule

SCCM allowed you to preview updates when creating an ADR so you could tell what updates were going to be included within the deployment - When creating a Deployment Schedule in update management you can select update classifications and include/exclude specific updates. It would be nice to be able to see at the deployment schedule screen what updates will be included within your deployment schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

17. إعادة تحديث هاتفي بنفس مرجعية الإصدار الأصلي للهاتف المحمول حتى يتم تسهيل على المستخدم من استخدام الهاتف ويبقى دوماً معجب بمنتجات الصانع

هاتفي يطلب مني إعادة تحديث أكثر من مرة لهذا يزعجني كثيراً الأفضل أن يبقى طريقة استخدام الهاتف المحمول بنفس الطريقة التي قدمها الوكيل عند البيع لهذا انا منزعج من التحديث الجديد الذي أصبح صعب الاستعمال

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

شكرا على الاقتراح الصحيح. تعليقاتك مفتوحة الآن لمجتمع المستخدمين للتصويت والتعليق عليها. يتيح لنا ذلك تحديد أولويات طلبك بفعالية مقابل تراكم الميزات الحالية لدينا ويمنحنا أيضًا نظرة ثاقبة على التأثير المحتمل لتنفيذ الميزة المقترحة

18. Include a parameter to know whether the SoftwareUpdateConfigurationRunContext is from Pre/Post script

I would like the following improvements to the update management schedule.

1. Ability to see the resource group names that are part of this schedule. Right now it says N groups.

2. Include a parameter to know whether the context is for Pre/Post script invocation. This will help us write a runbook to start/stop vm's based on the invocation.

3. Include Pre/Post Action as part of schedule configuration. These actions can be restart if stopped (pre action), Stop/Keep the VM's running after updates etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

19. How do I stop "in progress" Update Deployment?

It's in progress for about 4 days now. The maintenance window was 30 minutes. Can see this is an ongoing issue too. Will it ever be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Why can I not run Feature Updates on Windows 10 VMs?

The deployment schedules do not install the Feature Updates to W10, The update gets skipped, why is this? Do I have to install it manually on each and every VM?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base