Error when trying to Schedule update deployment
When scheduling an update to run, the next run time keeps saying error.
We’ve made some improvements, is this still occurring for you?
Mathias Krüger commented
I get the error, when scheduling a update of scale set instances. The VM are listet in the update management and the UPDATE AGENT READINESS is ready and green. Other VM's are fine,
Ryan Thomas commented
I'm still seeing this error when scheduling multiple machines via the API. I have to send one request per machine. Is this feature being developed?
Bhargav M commented
we have moved resources to new resource group in the same subscription, when are trying to schedule the patching job it is throwing below error.
Attempting to apply software update configuration to Azure virtual machines, but these Azure virtual machines are not found from the Compute resource provider: /subscriptions/…….
I had this same issue and found the root cause for my situation was that I was reporting to two different workspaces one of which that no longer existed. And I seem to remember hearing that your nodes can only point to one workspace if you wish to use Azure Update Management to apply patches to the node.
Ramesh Aluri commented
Is their any Azure Log analytics Quire to check status of "Update agent readiness" or Hybrid worker
Stas Kuvshinov commented
What does the error say when you click on this schedule?
We recently did improvements on the Update agent (hybrid worker) readiness troubleshooting, you can access the feature using this url with hide-key: https://aka.ms/portal-with-update-agent-readiness-ux
Here is what it does
1. The "Update agent readiness" indicates the state of Hybrid worker:
- [Ready=Patch agent exists and last seen within past hour]
- [Disconnected=Patch agent exists and last seen is earlier than 1hr ago]
- [Not configured=Patch agent is not found registered on the machine]
2. hybrid worker group dashboard now shows more prominent indication if the worker has an old "last seen" date (> 1hr)
3. Assessed computers grid now has "Update agent readiness" column that shows data according to the model (the #1)
4. Computers picker grid (via Schedule new update deployment flow) now has "Update agent readiness" column that shows data according to the model (the #1)
Please, try and see let us know if it helps to troubleshoot.
Josh Luth commented
I've just set up a couple scheduled updates and each one is erroring saying a machine isn't configured for update management, when that isn't the case. Both machines are configured for update management.
Joe Zuchora commented
Agreed - any idea when this will be fixed?