Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Drivers" as an update classification.

Drivers are automatically being pushed when "Select All" is selected for update classification. We need the option to exclude the "Drivers" classification from updates. I opened a ticket on this with Microsoft and was told to post it here.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update Management uses your machine’s OS update service or package manager to fetch & install patches. The classification provided are reflective of what the OS vendor provides via their update service or package manager.

Currently, Windows Server OS doesn’t support ‘Driver’ category via Microsoft Update Service. If & when the same is available within Windows Server – Microsoft Update Service; it would be reflective in Update Management.

2. Error when trying to Schedule update deployment

When scheduling an update to run, the next run time keeps saying error.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. All fail when 1 doesn't aplpy

I had a full deployment failure because "You have requested to create an update configuration on a machine that is not registered for Update Management." The one mentioned in the error was connected to update management and showed in the OMS logs. I'll contact support, BUT....

It would make more sense if the deployment would work for everything that it can and just fail on those 1 or 2 that it cannot apply on. None of the deployment happened because of this 1 failure.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

From our perspective, its expected behavior to have the update job’s status to be failure if there is an issue with 1 or more machines being patched.

It is our endeavor to ensure, any issues are bubbled up and shown. Hence we mark the job status as failure and not leave any thing to ambiguity by showing any other mixed state or wrongly indicate success.

• Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base