Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add advanced scheduling to support patch Tuesday

We typically apply patches the weekend after Patch Tuesday but it's not always the second weekend of the month so we can't schedule it with the options available.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update now

I want to have option - button - to update now server (once), now (no scheduling)

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. servers with pending reboot should not show as compliant

Don't turn a recently patched server to compliant before the server has been rebooted (after patching). the existing implementation turns a recently patched server to compliant before it's restarted and can lead a person to forget to restart the server and leaving the patches not yet applied.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Update Management support for Oracle Enterprise Linux

Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL) is not currently supported by Azure Update Management.

Update Management is an important feature in Azure to patch VMs OS and currently (based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/update-management/update-mgmt-overview#clients) the following Linux distributions are supported: CentOS 6/7, RHE 6/7, SUSE 11/12 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS and 1804 .

This will be beneficial for businesses with heavy Oracle Software presence when they consider Azure as a cloud provider (AWS supports OEL for their Automated Update feature)

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix "week days" scheduling so that it sticks

When I choose "week days" as my scheduling option, it only works for the first run of the schedule. The next scheduled date takes on the same day of the month as the first run, and when I go to edit the schedule, it has reverted to "Month days". This means I must continually check on my schedules and adjust them after each run. Please fix. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base