Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update/s rollback

Add the ability to rollback specific update/s

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add advanced scheduling to support patch Tuesday

We typically apply patches the weekend after Patch Tuesday but it's not always the second weekend of the month so we can't schedule it with the options available.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Per User pricing

OMS is a great solution for monitoring devices, etc. It would be great if there was a pricing model based on user count. This would allow the collection of logs/update data/changes/etc from Desktops, Laptops, phones, or other devices associated with that user. Paying per node for a user with 3 devices when combined with Microsoft 365 licensing is just too pricey. Ideally, it would be great to see Microsoft 365 pricing include the Log Analytics, Update Management, and Anti-Malware solutions from OMS for all of the users devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to deploy optional updates

We would like the ability to push optional updates just like you can with WSUS.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. driver updates incorrectly reporting

I have several windows systems and VMs that are misreporting driver updates required. I have run Windows Update, scanned for updates from driver manufactures tool kits, and I have even gone to device manager and attempted to search for and manual install latest drivers (that I already had installed.) Some of the drivers are old as the component is a few years old (like processors from 2013 with last driver update in 2015).

Is there a way to clear the cache, or flag it as ignore so that it does not pop until a new driver actually becomes available (which…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dynamic Update Deployments

Update deployments needs to be dynamic. As of now if we target a group of 5 servers the deployment is static and will always target only these 5 servers, even if the group changes and have 100 servers in it. The update deployment should be able to evaluate the group membership at each runtime.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix OMS Update Management to allow patch deployment to Server Core

Per documentation at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/operations-management-suite/oms-solution-update-management

"Server Core and Nano Server installation options are not supported."

Please fix this so that Server Core is supposed for patch deployments. (At least 2016 Server Core, with Server 2012R2 being appreciated!)

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Updates older than 30 days Tile - We need that back

Updates older than 30 days Tile - We need that back for Windows and Linux. This helps operations knock out the low hanging trouble-makers

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add fully patched computers to Update Management Tile

The update management tile on the home page does not include my computers that have all the updates. It only has Computers missing Critical, Computers missing Security, and Computers missing other. I liked also seeing a blue chunk for the fully patched machines. This is using the Edge Browser on 14393.202

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cant remove.

can not get rid of the Upgrade Analytics Preview....

Ive clocked remove like 100000 times.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. System Update Assessment looks for Manual windows update setting

The query in the Common Update Queries section labelled "Critical or security updates needed by machines where updates are manually applied" queries machines where Type=UpdateSummary and WindowsUpdateSetting=Manual. The problem is, I dont see any windows machines where WindowsUpdateSetting is Manual. I see Scheduled installation, Notify before installation, Notify before download and Disabled. Where can you configure a windows server to Manual?

And just wondering if this could be modifed as I'd consider the servers set to Notify are "manual"

Maybe this?
    Type=Update OSType!=Linux UpdateState=Needed Optional=false (Classification="Security Updates" OR Classification="Critical Updates") Computer IN {Type=UpdateSummary WindowsUpdateSetting=*Notify* | Distinct Computer}

Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Wrong values in System Update Assessment solution dashboard

System Update Assessment solution dashboard is displaying wrong values.
    If i try to make a query directly in search it returns the right values

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The circled field is number of computers missing any critical updates, e.g. there are six computers which haven’t been patched.
    The underlined fields are the numbers of patches missing on those computers. So computer one is missing a total of 47 critical patches, computer two is missing a total of 9 critical patches, etc.

Leaving this as “needs feedback” until we can confirm it’s by design.

13. 3rd Party Patching

3rd Party Patching (Adobe, Java, etc)

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. System Update Assessment and SCCM upto date

I understand that OMS SUA will display a computer being upto date if managed via SCCM and all approved updates in SCCM are installed. This is great for compliance to approved update. What also is needed is to know what updates that are not approved via SCCM, yet are available to be installed for this server. This is how it used to report when using the old system update advisor management pack that you imported into SCOM

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Build Complete Dashboards with Integrated Performance Data, System Updates and SCCM Data

Improve the System Update intelligence Pack: The dashboard should show you which systems are missing updates, tell you whether you have attempted to deploy the update to the servers and reasons for the install failure. For example, there was no space on the C:\ drive and the install fail. The dashboard should be a fully operational solution for pointing out the problems and offering the exact resolution. While it is helpful to know that updates are missing. It is even more helpful to know which servers were attempted and why the updates didn't install. Talk to someone who has attempted…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide opsinsight as PaaS solution for customer to configure inside their own subscriptions

Right now, opsinsight exists and store data for various customers and perhaps map account to the storage in cloud. How about providing it as a seprate service in azure stack and let the user configure it inside their own azure subscription and use their onprem SCOM or MMA to send data to this blob residing in their subscription. I tried my best to explain the idea, if it needs more ground and better clarity, let me know.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Integrate to Sys Upd IP with WSUS / ConfigMgr

The current IP is great but, afaik, it just does check for published updates, a true compliance report should be based on authorized updates. I know this isn't going to be easy and probably not possible today without some change on the patching tools, but as a future evolution I think the IP should leverage the customer chosen tool for patching and reporting against authorized updates in addition to published updates.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base