Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View suppressed updates in portal log

As an engineer
    I want to see which updates were not installed because they were ignored by an exclusion rule in the portal output
    So that I know why an update has not been applied

When a list of exclusions is in place and an update has been released that will be excluded, the yum update process output does not display the updates that will not be installed. Instead it displays output like the following:

Getting available updates...

Discovering 'security' packages...
    Discovered 5 'security' package entries.

List of packages to be updated:
    []

I would expect that it would list…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Management Solution: Installation of updates without providing time zones

It seems to me that it will be very helpful to add the possibility to configure the installation of updates by local time on the client. ie: We have servers (on premise) that are in many time zones and I want them to be in one group and that all installs updates at the same time. This requires creating multiple groups and setting different time zones. It would be ideal to set the time, eg 3.00 am - without time zone configuration - the zone would be read from the client.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. computer group

Increase the computer group limitations for Update Management. Patching a few hundred to a few thousand machines with this 100 machine limit is not very scalable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We support groups up to 500 computers large in the Azure Portal, but we hear that isn’t enough and we can look at increasing this up to “a few thousand”. Please feel free to post your desired maximum group size in this item so we have a good sense of what the requirements are.

4. Add advanced scheduling to support patch Tuesday

We typically apply patches the weekend after Patch Tuesday but it's not always the second weekend of the month so we can't schedule it with the options available.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base