Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I enabled update management 2 vms

on first vm it is showing November patch for updates but for 2nd VMs it is not showing only showing 0 patch

So how can i update November patch on 2nd VM using update management
    i also check from update history on VM, only October patch installed so i want to install Nov Patch using update management.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Update approval

It would be great to have a option to approve / decline updates directly in the Update Management UI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to sort by subscription

We have VM from various subscriptions in our workspace. It would be nice to be able to see their compliance by subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Systems that get an error when scanning via WSUS should be reported as 'not assessed' instead of 'compliant' if scan fails for x days

When the app pool for a WSUS server is stopped or not running, and a client computer scans against it, it fails with an error. This error does not get surfaced in the AUM dashboard. Systems experiencing this error are listed as 'compliant', they should be listed as 'not assessed'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assessments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filtering update history in the portal

The history tab in the portal only gives the option to filter by status. I would love to be able to filter by update name. I've got hourly updates for virus definitions which swamps the log if I want to check less update schedules.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to install updates in parallel instead of sequential

Right now Update Management uses the WUA agent to kick off installs of updates, and I understand that can only to this sequentially per update. I would be great to leverage the SCCM agent (when possible) to kick off patching in parallel (it is possible), otherwise it will take forever to just get a few updates installed and my MW's arent long enough.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. Ability to preview updates when creating deployment schedule

SCCM allowed you to preview updates when creating an ADR so you could tell what updates were going to be included within the deployment - When creating a Deployment Schedule in update management you can select update classifications and include/exclude specific updates. It would be nice to be able to see at the deployment schedule screen what updates will be included within your deployment schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

8. إعادة تحديث هاتفي بنفس مرجعية الإصدار الأصلي للهاتف المحمول حتى يتم تسهيل على المستخدم من استخدام الهاتف ويبقى دوماً معجب بمنتجات الصانع

هاتفي يطلب مني إعادة تحديث أكثر من مرة لهذا يزعجني كثيراً الأفضل أن يبقى طريقة استخدام الهاتف المحمول بنفس الطريقة التي قدمها الوكيل عند البيع لهذا انا منزعج من التحديث الجديد الذي أصبح صعب الاستعمال

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

شكرا على الاقتراح الصحيح. تعليقاتك مفتوحة الآن لمجتمع المستخدمين للتصويت والتعليق عليها. يتيح لنا ذلك تحديد أولويات طلبك بفعالية مقابل تراكم الميزات الحالية لدينا ويمنحنا أيضًا نظرة ثاقبة على التأثير المحتمل لتنفيذ الميزة المقترحة

9. Include a parameter to know whether the SoftwareUpdateConfigurationRunContext is from Pre/Post script

I would like the following improvements to the update management schedule.

1. Ability to see the resource group names that are part of this schedule. Right now it says N groups.
    2. Include a parameter to know whether the context is for Pre/Post script invocation. This will help us write a runbook to start/stop vm's based on the invocation.
    3. Include Pre/Post Action as part of schedule configuration. These actions can be restart if stopped (pre action), Stop/Keep the VM's running after updates etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

10. Patching Report issue.

Ability to get patching reports. Filter servers by TAG and export patching report to csv, pdf, etc.. In other word, fast way to get patching report for Organization management.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

11. Ability to run scripts throughout patching

We can run pre/post scripts, but that is not useful when patching a web farm, cluster, or complex application that needs careful handling. It would be great to have the ability to run scripts throughout patching; pre patching a node, pre/post reboot, post patching a node... this way I can start/restart services, validate functionality after patching a node, or even manage cluster nodes myself throughout a patch cycle.

With pre/post scripts I cannot suspend/resume cluster nodes as I patch through them in a group, nor can I ensure my services are stopped/started as required by my app owners. There is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Menu/Option to offboard VM's

Removing a VM from Update Mgmt requires going to the attached Log Analytics workspace and manually removing the VMUUID from the "MicrosoftDefaultComputerGroup" saved search.
    A cleaner way to achieve this would be ideal for customers with large IaaS environments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove Non-Azure Machine

How do I delete Non-Azure machines from UI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Update Management - Inject Patch Inclusions or Exclusions automatically during pre-script

In Azure Update Management, we are able to cancel a scheduled Update Deployment with a pre-script (in our case, I'd like to do that if the patches have not yet been verified to impact the software prodcut running on the machine). I would also love to be able to 'inject', in the pre-script, one or more KB ID's that must be in- or excluded from the Update Deployment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15. How do I stop "in progress" Update Deployment?

It's in progress for about 4 days now. The maintenance window was 30 minutes. Can see this is an ongoing issue too. Will it ever be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

thanks for bringing this to our attention. Checking internally to see if this is currently on the roadmap. In the meantime, your feedback is now open to the community to upvote which helps us prioritize this request against our existing feature backlog.

Cheers.

17. Remove restrictions of maintenance window for update deployment job

Currently, the maintenace window can't be less than 30 minutes and no more that 6 hours. Some customers would like to set the window more longer since they wonder that some update programs coundn't be deployed during the windw. It would be nice if you could remove this restriction.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Why can I not run Feature Updates on Windows 10 VMs?

The deployment schedules do not install the Feature Updates to W10, The update gets skipped, why is this? Do I have to install it manually on each and every VM?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a List of VMs which are not Online [=Offline]

(opposite of existing Machines List)
    Where: UpdatesAutomation - Update management > Overview

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update Pipeline

It would be really helpful if you could describe a pipleine in Update Management, and get the updates to flow through that pipeline.

e.g. You have a Dev, Test and Production Environment.
    You want to keep machines up to date, but do not want to affect Production users with faulty pathes.

If you could describe an update pipleine, saying, deploy any updates to Dev, then to test then to prod, this would ensure updates can be developed and tested against before they reach production.

When patch tuesday arrives, these patches would be available for your 1st environment in the pipleine,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base