Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Build Complete Dashboards with Integrated Performance Data, System Updates and SCCM Data

Improve the System Update intelligence Pack: The dashboard should show you which systems are missing updates, tell you whether you have attempted to deploy the update to the servers and reasons for the install failure. For example, there was no space on the C:\ drive and the install fail. The dashboard should be a fully operational solution for pointing out the problems and offering the exact resolution. While it is helpful to know that updates are missing. It is even more helpful to know which servers were attempted and why the updates didn't install. Talk to someone who has attempted…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate to Sys Upd IP with WSUS / ConfigMgr

The current IP is great but, afaik, it just does check for published updates, a true compliance report should be based on authorized updates. I know this isn't going to be easy and probably not possible today without some change on the patching tools, but as a future evolution I think the IP should leverage the customer chosen tool for patching and reporting against authorized updates in addition to published updates.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide opsinsight as PaaS solution for customer to configure inside their own subscriptions

Right now, opsinsight exists and store data for various customers and perhaps map account to the storage in cloud. How about providing it as a seprate service in azure stack and let the user configure it inside their own azure subscription and use their onprem SCOM or MMA to send data to this blob residing in their subscription. I tried my best to explain the idea, if it needs more ground and better clarity, let me know.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mute OMS Alerts during scheduled update

Allow muting of alerts during a scheduled update

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Schedule immediate compliance refresh function

I'd like to be able to schedule a refresh of compliance data (outstanding patches) whenever the next heartbeat occurs. Unless I'm missing something, the data can be somewhat stale and offers no easy way of getting it updated in a more timely fashion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assessments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Offset schedule by x number of days

Need ability to schedule recurring jobs with an offset of a number of days. This allows us to schedule update deployments based on the Patch Tuesday schedule to our test and production servers on separate weekends without ever changing the schedules. This is standard functionality in Solarwinds.

Example: Monthly at 8:00 PM on second Tuesday with additional offset of 11 days

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base