Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Update Management

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea or vote up an existing idea. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Update Management engineering team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. we don't have to pay also for updates

Please continue to pay more attention's on every suggested words until the issues were resolved. Just to talk to the concerned networks in the world to come down on their rate changes. Thanks. mustychi amaechi

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. UI Confirmation For Initial Scan

Provide feedback for when the 'baseline state' is captured so that we know when we can start monitoring for changes to the system.

I plan on using this tool to diagnose why installing software on a Linux VM renders it useless upon next boot. Therefore I want to know when the baseline has been established before I start the installation process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Per User pricing

OMS is a great solution for monitoring devices, etc. It would be great if there was a pricing model based on user count. This would allow the collection of logs/update data/changes/etc from Desktops, Laptops, phones, or other devices associated with that user. Paying per node for a user with 3 devices when combined with Microsoft 365 licensing is just too pricey. Ideally, it would be great to see Microsoft 365 pricing include the Log Analytics, Update Management, and Anti-Malware solutions from OMS for all of the users devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. driver updates incorrectly reporting

I have several windows systems and VMs that are misreporting driver updates required. I have run Windows Update, scanned for updates from driver manufactures tool kits, and I have even gone to device manager and attempted to search for and manual install latest drivers (that I already had installed.) Some of the drivers are old as the component is a few years old (like processors from 2013 with last driver update in 2015).

Is there a way to clear the cache, or flag it as ignore so that it does not pop until a new driver actually becomes available (which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. In the update management, if we could have a column for the status of the VM

In the update management, if we could have a column for the status of the VM like if its running/deallocated. It would be helpful rather than going to the resource and checking the status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. To control defender definition updates using update management "definition update" classification

Currently defender gets definitions on its own schedule and that can not be turned off, apparently. This should be controllable with "definition update" update management classification. As it is, it is not. So, it is not clear even what "definition classification" does at the moment. Make it work or remove it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix wildcard exclusion still installing patches

A schedule created with wildcard exclusion still installs patches matched to an update classification

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Linux patching data into UpdateSummary table

Why this table would be for Windows only? It will be useful to have Linux summary there too (total of missing updates etc...)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. how to could quick check which VM had the failed KB patch issue

How to could quick check which VM had the failed KB patch in the deployment blade?

From the picture I uploaded, you can see I have 16 VMs did update deployment, but from the left panel, I can see there are 2 VM failed with 2020-10 Comulative KB. But if I want to quickly check which 2 VM failed, I need to manually check them 1 by 1.

Well, I know the workaround is to check it in the UpdateRunProgress table in log analytics, but it is not convenient to check quickly.

Will you think about add sub-tags to the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In the Azure console we should be able to view more items and sort

In the console its limited to showing only 15 machines and its not sortable by column. This makes it difficult to find things without searching. It should be expandable and sortable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update Management - Clear "Failed update deployments" counter

We use Azure Update Manager for patch compliance reporting. Not only is the "Failed update deployments" stated duration incorrect (it should read "out of ### in the past 30 days") it also cannot be interacted with. There is no way to clear the count or add deployment schedules as exclusions. You can't even hide the counter on the dashboard.

Please add some smarts to this counter, or at the very least make it hideable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Service Fabric Cluster Support

Please support Update Manager natively patching VMSSs that are part of a Service Fabric Cluster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow view/edit of Pre- and Post-scripts in Update Management Schedule

Not sure if this was something I missed on how to do but there doesn't seem to be the ability to edit an existing pre- or post- script. If I need to change a parameter passed to the runbook then the existing one needs to be deleted and a new pre/post script must be created.
    Being able to see the values of a pre/post script already set up would be nice as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Updates done by Update Mgmt in Update History on Server

Record Updates that are done using Azure Update Management in the local server's Update History. I expected to see it there and it was missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create filter by schedule membership

In AzureUpdate Management I have got several filter. Missing: I want to see the status by schedule. So at least all systems should by shown by membership of a schedule.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto-approve / manually approve updates in Azure

Would be great if we had the option to auto-approve some updates (ie Definition Updates) and manually approve CU's and other patches within Azure Update Management.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Update Management like WSUS (Linux and Windows)

1> Create groups
    2> Approve KB for grups
    3> define Repository WSUS, SCCM and linux repo
    4> Compliance must be match with approved KB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I have an issue where after enabling update management for a couple of VMs, the vms do not appear under Automation Account Update Management

I have an issue where after enabling update management for a couple of VMs, the vms do not appear under Automation Account Update Management.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Display Assigned Schedule

It would be nice to have one of the columns in the 'Machines' view display what schedule the machine is assigned to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tool is not mature and bunch of bugs. Back end need to work more to stable the tool. We need notification in prior if tool under maintenance

Tool is not mature and bunch of bugs. Back end need to work more to stable the tool. We need notification in prior if tool under maintenance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Update Management

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base