Azure Container Registry

Have feedback for the Azure Container Registry? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Registry team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow

1. Support ACI for ACR deployed in VNet ASAP.

Support ACI for ACR deployed in VNet ASAP.
    ACI is currently not supported when ACR is deployed in VNet. As ACI and ACR both are native Azure and ACI is better use case for containerization, at least ACI should work with ACR+VNet.
    It is strange to see its allowed from AKS cluster but not from ACI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. REST API implementation to list repositories in ACR which is not available yet.

I have been searching for REST API which will list repositories in particular ACR like it is available through azure portal under service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. AcrDelete permission not working?

I've got a user who I have assigned the role AcrDelete (and Reader) to. According to [this](https://docs.microsoft.com/bs-latn-ba/azure/container-registry/container-registry-roles) that should be what is needed to delete an image from a repository in an azure container registry. However, even after logging out and logging back in, the user is unable to delete images. Note that removing his reader permission takes affect and then prevents him from seeing the containers in question. Is there a bug with this role?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add ability to list all registries under a Tenant.

Add option to az acr to list all registries and/or repo’s that exist under a tenant instead of needing to iterate through all subs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide FQDN of Image

Could not find a fqdn of the image in the ACR details of an image. Would be nice to have a "copy to clipboard option" wich gives the full details as required to pull an image from ACR (not credentials), e.g., for configuring k8s deployment objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow to build image with trust content (sign) with az acr build

Hello,

i'm using az acr build to build image inside azure however i would like to use content trust during the build inside azure.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/azure/acr?view=azure-cli-latest#az-acr-build

I dont want to pull sign image and push sign image from my computer, i would like to have the argument --disable-content-trust=false like in docker build on az acr build.

https://docs.docker.com/engine/security/trust/content_trust/

regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding Virtual Networks (via Portal or CLI) fails to "take effect"

Tried to follow the documentation here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-vnet)..

Tried this with both CLI and PORTAL.. While the PORTAL and the CLI command "takes" we see that its not actually updated.

This is quite funny, since we upgrade to PREMIUM to try the preview feature to get VNET security and not have it open and it simply doesnt work..

See the output from doing the command VIA CLI and it shows "great, accepted the command, but the subnets were not added".>

Nice work. waste of money and time on a Premium SKU for a feature that doesnt seem to work.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Container Registry Automate container image builds unless github admin repoisitory

`az acr task create` require access to access github repository by admin.
    We sometimes cannot get this.
    Using this access, `az acr task create` makes webhook setting of Github.
    If it doesn't have enough permission, we should set webhook setting manually.

references:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-tutorial-build-task

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug with capital letters processing in registry names

I wasted a few hours because this bug https://github.com/Azure/acr/issues/168.
    In short - ACR doesn't allow to push to the registry using capital letters.
    I.e. - you can call your registry "Capital", you can use "az acr show" and other commands, but in order to push, you can use only "capital". Trying to push to "Capital" you'll see really confusing message - 'authentication required'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Environment segregation for Helm charts within one ACR

Ability to split Helm charts into groups eg. for dev/staging/prod environments. Similar to how with Docker images and ACR separate repositories can be created. It's necessary for us as we need to be sure that a staging chart cannot be used in production etc. And we'd also like to be able to tag a helm chart (eg. latest) like with docker images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. solr

I create Apache Solr Continer Image base Azure Continer Registry, However, I don't know how to change the default port 8983 to 80, I think the ACR open the 80 as default port for accessing, Please see detail in attchments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to test geo-replication failover

having the option of geo-replication is great. But, I would like a way to increase confidence that this feature works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ACR consume VSTS drop as source

VSTS drop (https://www.1eswiki.com/wiki/VSTS_Drop) is a part of artifact source in VSTS being widely used across Microsoft, If ACR can consume it as a source, then easily hook up existing 1ES system like cloud build/cloud test, and also will get a benefit from Azure blob behind VSTS drop and ACR storage to reduce image data copying on push.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add SSL Properties like in 'App Service'

I want do the same as in App Service add a SSL certificate to my Container Registry. So I have a CNAME Record in my DNS to xyz.azurecr.io and with an given certificate I also can use a custom domain for the registry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide support for image mirroring

Provide support for image mirroring so that images from Docker Hub can be pulled through ACR in case there is a Docker Hub outage and we can consume only one container registry

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatic retry of the ACR webhook on 504-status (operation timed out)

Sometimes when we deploy new image-version to the registry the webhook push-operation fails with 504 (operation timed out) status code. When this happens we have to manually restart the webapp to apply latest changes. Would be great if the webhook could retry such timed out operations number of times before e.g. sending the error to monitoring or email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow to authenticate via `az acr login` via custom domain (proxied)

we're exposing ACRs via a reverse proxy running our own custom domain.
    authentication via `docker login´ and a service principal works fine, but it isn't possible to use `az acr login` that way.
    it would be great if `az acr login` supports an additional argument e.g. `--custom-domain registry.mydomain.net` so we don't need to create multiple service principals for each user.
    this is also logged here: https://github.com/Azure/acr/issues/102#issuecomment-406382843

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Select instance type, especially GPU instance for automatic build.

If one needs container image for which we have to build using nvcc, it is necessary that we can select a GPU instance to Auto-Build.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add restart policy, environment variables and command line to "Create container instance"

When one uses "Create container instance" from container registry, there aren't options available for restart policy, environment variables or command line. It would be nice to have those there since otherwise Azure CLI becomes the requirement for certain tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Registry

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base