Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Container Registry

Have feedback for the Azure Container Registry? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Registry team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow

1. helm

The helm repo is a great idea but is not working as intended.
    After adding a the repo to helm (az acr helm repo add) and executing helm search <repo>

this is the result:

No results found

If I execute "az acr helm list" I can see the helm chart. Also in the portal there is no visual of the charts.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support bitbucket repositories

Hi,

We use bitbucket and whenever we try to submit a task with our bitbucket repo (https://username@bitbucket.org/org/repo.git) it says Invalid repository URL.

Can you support bitbucket as well?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support importing all tags of repository via `az acr import`

Currently az acr import only allows specifying a single tag (defaults to latest). Please consider adding a way to import all tags of a single repository.

Our use case:
    We create a private container registry per project, so we can manage access control properly. If a project stops, we want to migrate all container images to a single archive repository, so no costs will occur for the (stopped) project.

One way to accomplish this, as an example: az acr import -n MyContainerArchive --source myapp.azurecr.io/app-frontend:*

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support tar import/export feature like docker save/load

It is helpful if ACR supports import/export image as tar package like "docker save" and "docker load" command. We can easily backup, move, or archive image as offline.

Especially, for Azure IoT Edge, archiving actual image as offline is important to ensure edge module image versioning.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multi-Arch Tooling Support

Building multi-arch images is typically associated with a few set of images that framework vendors must maintain, such as dotnetcore which supports both Linux and Windows. However, as IoT expands, the average developer will need to build multi-arch images to deal with the vast number of architectures supported by devices. ACR will support the automated building and maintaining of multi-arch manifests.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multi Select deletion of images.

We run CI/CD via Drone.io, which pushes an image tagged by branch name and build number on every 'green'/successful commit.

Currently, in order to delete the images that accumulate over time, I have to manually. delete. every. single. one.

It would be nice to be able to select a whole lot and delete at once.
    :D

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Per-user Access tokens for the Azure Container Registry

We need the ability to control the access to the Azure Container Registry on 'per user' basis. This will allow us to revoke or give different access privileges to our users. The current option to create a Service Principal for each different user is not working for us, cause this should be done on a code level and giving create-service-principal privileges to the application is a security concern for our IT department.
    Our need is well covered with the SAS tokens for the Azure Blob Storage or Queues, but that feature is not existing for the ACR.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support ACI for ACR deployed in VNet ASAP.

Support ACI for ACR deployed in VNet ASAP.
    ACI is currently not supported when ACR is deployed in VNet. As ACI and ACR both are native Azure and ACI is better use case for containerization, at least ACI should work with ACR+VNet.
    It is strange to see its allowed from AKS cluster but not from ACI

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give the _repositories_pull & _repositories_push metadata access

Currently, the tokens (which are in preview) come with three predefined system tokens. However the pull and push tokens do not allow access to the metadata of the registry or repositories.
    My suggestion would be to either allow reading of metadata on these predefined system tokens, or allow us to give a token access to ALL repositories in a registry, so we can do this ourselves with a self defined scope map.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow token scope to be at the namespace level

Please allow a token scope to be configured at the namespace level as opposed to the repository level.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Extend token lifespan of 'az acr login'

I quite often get an "unauthorized: authentication required" from the registry, when I try to push and pull., which requires me to run 'az acr login' again. This is quite annoying, especially since I work with multiple ACRs in different subscriptions.

To my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong here), 'az acr login' acquires a token that lasts for an hour, after which you need to login again. It would be awesome if it was possible to extend the lifetime of the token, so you don't have to log in as often.

By comparison, when working with Kubernetes clusters created…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add SSL Properties like in 'App Service'

I want do the same as in App Service add a SSL certificate to my Container Registry. So I have a CNAME Record in my DNS to xyz.azurecr.io and with an given certificate I also can use a custom domain for the registry.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide support for image mirroring

Provide support for image mirroring so that images from Docker Hub can be pulled through ACR in case there is a Docker Hub outage and we can consume only one container registry

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automating docker build in ACR on gitlab code commit also in Container Registry instead of only github.

During task creation in azure container registry I found automation of docker build in ACR for CI/CD is only supported for github commits but not supported for Gitlab.

It would be very useful ans easy if Gitlab commits are also supported for ACR tasks/REST API.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow setting labels using acr build

docker build allows labeling a image at build time.
    e.g.

docker build . --label "version=1.0"

but there is no equivalent "acr build args"

Would like to be able to use:
    az acr build -r
    myrepo --label "version=1.0" --file Dockerfile .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Build Task on portal.azure.com

It's cool that we can create build tasks from CLI, but please show Tasks on a portal. It will be nice to have a full UX to create/edit/logs for tasks...
    But first of all- show that some tasks exist

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-tutorial-build-task

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When deleting a tag from the portal do automatically delete the underlying image!

Presently the removal of a tag in Azure Portal does NOT delete the associated image (if it's the last tag pointing to it) so the space is not freed. Please fix this bug.
    Moreover give a view, in a new blade of the portal, of the IMAGES presently stored in the selected repository and not just the tags (i.e. included 'orphaned' images too).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ACR log changes to "write-enabled"

We would like to log changes to the "write-enabled" property of an image in ACR. Currently this doesn't seem to be covered in Alerts or audit logs as per this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-diagnostics-audit-logs

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Separate permission for write-enabled property

We would like to allow our users to push and pull images, but not to remove the "write-enabled false" flag on existing images. Currently there doesn't seem to be a permission specifically for that.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Registry

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base