Azure Container Registry

Have feedback for the Azure Container Registry? Submit your idea or vote up an idea submitted by others. All of the feedback you share here will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Container Registry team. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas. If you have technical questions or issues, please submit them to our GitHub issues page or on StackOverflow

1. Show Dockerfile LABELs in ACR

Was asked to elevate this idea here from https://github.com/Azure/acr/issues/247

Put simply, it would be really nice if the ACR showed the LABEL data that was set in the Dockerfiles.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support bitbucket repositories

Hi,

We use bitbucket and whenever we try to submit a task with our bitbucket repo (https://username@bitbucket.org/org/repo.git) it says Invalid repository URL.

Can you support bitbucket as well?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Multi Select deletion of images.

We run CI/CD via Drone.io, which pushes an image tagged by branch name and build number on every 'green'/successful commit.

Currently, in order to delete the images that accumulate over time, I have to manually. delete. every. single. one.

It would be nice to be able to select a whole lot and delete at once.
    :D

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Private Helm repository has no interface in portal

While using ACR for our private helm repository I realized there is no interface in the portal for working with/ viewing helm charts. It would be nice if I could at least see the results of `helm search {acrname}` in the portal somehow.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate ACR Task logs to Log Analytics

We have a customer want to run ACR scheduling task to synchronize their Docker Images from external docker registry, since the task is just a docker container, could ACR also integrate with Log Analytics to auto capture the docker container stdout/stderr just like what AKS did, it would be easier for us to monitoring how the ACR scheduling task executed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. ACR User Interface

Please advise if it is recommended and support User Interface for Azure Container Registry.

UI should be accessible thru browser and support the same Access Control as for docker login.

Found one repo: https://github.com/Azure/acr-web-manager
    but not sure if it is recommended and supported by Azure.

I plan to have 8TB ACR with 20 users online at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable pushing images to secondary region in-case primary is unavailable

In-case the primary region is unavailable, the pushes stop working, the pulls will still work, since the image is geo-replicated, hence, if secondary region pushes are allowed, then there can be seamless CI-CD in applications. In a recent outage, where storage account went down in East US, the ACR service health was up, but the storage accounts backing them were not working properly, hence the pushes were failing, in a situation like this, we should be able to push to the secondary region, and a secondary endpoint should be available to us for the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Per-user Access tokens for the Azure Container Registry

We need the ability to control the access to the Azure Container Registry on 'per user' basis. This will allow us to revoke or give different access privileges to our users. The current option to create a Service Principal for each different user is not working for us, cause this should be done on a code level and giving create-service-principal privileges to the application is a security concern for our IT department.
    Our need is well covered with the SAS tokens for the Azure Blob Storage or Queues, but that feature is not existing for the ACR.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ACR authentication using Office365 accounts

Many organizations use Office365 accounts and groups as authentication backend (Active Directory).
    It is not possible to define those users as ACR users as Azure subscription is needed.
    Goal is that Office365 users should use ACR as service and pull images, not to manage it thru portal or az cli.
    For now docker login does work only for Admin or Service Principle accounts.
    This functionality is required to use ACR as production grade service to support the end customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Retention period for images

Retention period for images- will be a good idea.
    For example, images older than X days drop, but store at least 1 image.
    It's not about purging or usage tracking. it's about Retention only.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Graceful Throttling

I ran into a "too many requests" error during parallel docker pull in a cluster, and was told ACR currently has 100 request limit per node.

I added a retry on top as work-around.
    However, if too many customers pulling at the same time, it's still possible that every one got a mix of success/failure layers, and need to restart the entire pull again, which is a dead loop.

It'll be nice if ACR can throttle more gracefully, by splitting bandwidth evenly (don't queue, that may timeout NAT or http proxy).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ACR- Content Trust Policies cannot be enabled / disabled using powershell

I am trying to enable the Content Trust using Powershell but there is no help or link provided for this.
    Although I can do it from the portal as well as using Azure CLI but in my scenario I have to enable Content Trust in Policies inside my ACR.
    Can you please help me how I can achieve it using Powershell?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automating docker build in ACR on gitlab code commit also in Container Registry instead of only github.

During task creation in azure container registry I found automation of docker build in ACR for CI/CD is only supported for github commits but not supported for Gitlab.

It would be very useful ans easy if Gitlab commits are also supported for ACR tasks/REST API.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Build tasks for VNET-integrated ACR instances

Currently, ACR Tasks do not work for instances with the preview VNET / firewall configuration enabled. This will block usability of ACR for organizations that require increased network security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support ACI for ACR deployed in VNet ASAP.

Support ACI for ACR deployed in VNet ASAP.
    ACI is currently not supported when ACR is deployed in VNet. As ACI and ACR both are native Azure and ACI is better use case for containerization, at least ACI should work with ACR+VNet.
    It is strange to see its allowed from AKS cluster but not from ACI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. REST API implementation to list repositories in ACR which is not available yet.

I have been searching for REST API which will list repositories in particular ACR like it is available through azure portal under service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AcrDelete permission not working?

I've got a user who I have assigned the role AcrDelete (and Reader) to. According to [this](https://docs.microsoft.com/bs-latn-ba/azure/container-registry/container-registry-roles) that should be what is needed to delete an image from a repository in an azure container registry. However, even after logging out and logging back in, the user is unable to delete images. Note that removing his reader permission takes affect and then prevents him from seeing the containers in question. Is there a bug with this role?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow setting labels using acr build

docker build allows labeling a image at build time.
    e.g.

docker build . --label "version=1.0"

but there is no equivalent "acr build args"

Would like to be able to use:
    az acr build -r
    myrepo --label "version=1.0" --file Dockerfile .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support importing all tags of repository via `az acr import`

Currently `az acr import` only allows specifying a single tag (defaults to latest). Please consider adding a way to import all tags of a single repository.

Our use case:
    We create a private container registry per project, so we can manage access control properly. If a project stops, we want to migrate all container images to a single archive repository, so no costs will occur for the (stopped) project.

One way to accomplish this, as an example: `az acr import -n MyContainerArchive --source myapp.azurecr.io/app-frontend:*`

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding Virtual Networks (via Portal or CLI) fails to "take effect"

Tried to follow the documentation here (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-vnet)..

Tried this with both CLI and PORTAL.. While the PORTAL and the CLI command "takes" we see that its not actually updated.

This is quite funny, since we upgrade to PREMIUM to try the preview feature to get VNET security and not have it open and it simply doesnt work..

See the output from doing the command VIA CLI and it shows "great, accepted the command, but the subnets were not added".>

Nice work. waste of money and time on a Premium SKU for a feature that doesnt seem to work.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Azure Container Registry

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base