Azure Monitor- Alert Management

Azure Alert Management provides a unified alerting experience across all Azure monitoring services including but not limited to Azure Monitor (Metrics and Activity Logs), Application Insights and OMS Log Analytics with support for third party services coming in future.
Azure Alert Management provides features such as alert correlation and state management.
This forum is to discuss anything related to alerting in Azure.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add New Zealands country code 64 for action group SMS alerts

Add New Zealands country code 64 for action group SMS alerts as currently the only option if for members to get emails and we have to sign up to pay for a 3rd party application to get the SMS functionality we need. Would like to have this all handed in Azure in the future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Run Now' on Rules Management defintion

While configuring an alert in the 'Rules Management' blade, it would be useful to 'Run now' which would trigger the alert, perhaps with sample payload for fields that would be calculated by a query / metric.

This would be useful to ensure that the setup of the alert and any actions groups defined are correctly triggered - particularly for cases with web hook integrations and any downstream systems.

This would allow a quick sense check + give the user confidence that any integration they have defined is going to be triggered correctly when data triggers the rule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support #applicationname in custom payload

Add support for Application Insights instance name, for example through #applicationname, similar to #applicationid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Duplicate an existing alert

Add the feature to create a new alert rule based on an existing one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Complete the json payload for Activity Logs Alerts

In the Activity Logs Alert paylod, there is no field for retrieve the alert rule name. Is this planned ?
    Besides, the field "description" doesn't return the value provided in the Alert rule portal... bug ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API and Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize email notification

Could you please provide an option where we can go ahead and customize email notification that are sent by Azure.
    (Why : Currently, the email notification has information which is not much useful from management stand point, it contains Rule ID and resource Id which are useful for troubleshooting)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Alerts

Add local time in Azure Alerts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure Alerts - All Admin Operation

If I set Azure Alerts For all Admin operation at subscription level then it will provide alerts for All Components belonging to same Subscription. For Eg. If I set Alerts at All Admin Operation alerts subscription level then if any addition, Delete Update of any components like VM, Resource Group ,App service that Alerts automatically Configure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Azure Alerts - VM

Azure Alerts Configure for One VM Allows to copy same Configuration on all Other VM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure Alerts - Networking and Disk

Azure Alert For Specific VM Azure should Provide Ideal Threshold Limit For All Network and DISK. Also Provide document with Example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to alert based off Shared Query

While the alerting capability of App Insights has been fleshed out in recent months, I'd like the ability to alert based off a Shared Query, instead of having to re-enter the query as part of my alert. That way, if the query changes, I will only need to update in one place instead of risking that my shared query gets out of sync with my alert query.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Alert emails should include the Local Time (not UTC)

Alert emails should also show the local time as configured for the subscription, as well as the UTC time.

This would allow for a consistent operational focus.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need a greater timesnap period for Custom Log alerts

We have a situation where we have an in-frequent event being logged into application insights, for example over the couse of a week you might expect one event to be tracked.

When setting up an alert for this event I can currently create an alert in application insights and base it on a custom log search, my problem now is that under the section 'Evaluated based on' I cannot select a period over 24 hours. This means throughtout the week i will keep getting false alerts.

Unless im missing something this now becomes a very limiting service unless you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 123

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. one activity log alert for the multiple subscriptions

I have number of subscription. And I'd like to have one activity log alert that serve all of them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base