Azure Monitor- Alert Management

Azure Alert Management provides a unified alerting experience across all Azure monitoring services including but not limited to Azure Monitor (Metrics and Activity Logs), Application Insights and OMS Log Analytics with support for third party services coming in future.
Azure Alert Management provides features such as alert correlation and state management.
This forum is to discuss anything related to alerting in Azure.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Suppress "From now" for a configurable amount of time instead of "Always"

It would be great to be able to have a From Now suppression that would auto-disable after a configurable amount of time to re-enable the alerting automatically. There are options for configurable Endtimes for suppressions but those also start at specific times. I want to be able to easily Suppress something that I know is going on now, maybe for an hour, or 24 hours, and have it automatically re-enable, without needing to go edit the Action Rule settings each time to configure the time range each time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Managing Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase the flexibility in Email/SMS/Push format.

The SMS/Push notification is really great, but there are no VM name on it. When customers receive a SMS/Push, they only know a alert is fired, but they don't know which VM is facing the issue. They have to open email to check the details.

The Email/SMS/Push format might not fit customer's need. Maybe Azure could add some boxes let customer themselves to add the items info they need. such as "ComputerName", "ServicesName".

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Action group webhooks - Ability to view POST result

It would be useful to have the ability to see the result of a webhook POST.
    By seeing the status code and message of the webhook, you can determine if the message has been delivered, and cut down on your troubleshooting time, in the event of missing alerts/messages.

I've recently had a scenario where I was trying to send Azure monitor alerts via webhook to Pagerduty. The alerts wasn't arriving, and I was also unable to determine to root cause of the issue.
    Fortunately the issue was resolved eventually without intervention on my side.

By having the ability to see…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API and Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Duplicate an existing alert

Add the feature to create a new alert rule based on an existing one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add SMS Alert for Philippine Users

Hi

Would appreciate to add SMS alert for PH users. It's only available for some countries.

TIA

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically resolve alerts with configurable criteria

It doesn't appear to be possible to automatically resolve alerts based on a configurable criteria (e.g. the alert has not been triggered for X period). This would be immensely useful for certain alerting scenarios.

For example, I have an alert which triggers when updates are available for managed Windows servers using a log search condition and email action. Once the updates are installed, the alert will no longer trigger, but the alert is still active in a "New" state unless it's manually closed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Suppress Alerts by Machine or User

We would like to be able to suppress alerts based on the Computer or TargetUserAccount returned in the search query. For example, if I am monitoring disk space every 60 minutes, I should only receive 1 alert for INSTANCE1 but still be able to alert on other instances entering a low disk space condition the next time the alert runs. Similarly, if I alert on a user account failed login attemps, I should be able to exclude just that user but alert on others the next time that alert is polled.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple target resources

Currently there is possibility to choose only one and existed target resource per alert. It would be very handy if I can specify multiple resource of the same type and also apply it for non-existed resource that will be automatically applied after resource is created.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Subscribe/Unsubscribe single email address from group email

We use group email address in our product in order to get email from azure monitoring alerts to specific teams/goals.
    We found out that if a single person unsubscribe from the email alert sent from app insight the entire group will not be able to receive an alert email.

I vote for the following enhancements:
    1) Enable single user from group email to subscribe/unsubscribe from a specific alert without affecting the entire emails in the group list
    2) Enable in the azure portal to subscribe/unsubscribe for monitoring alert emails (in addition to the email send from app insight, which can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customized alert email subjects for down and up

We use StatusPage.io to provide a status page to our user base.

StatusPage enables us to trigger a status change based on email sent to a specific email address.

The catch is that the subject must contain the word "UP" or "DOWN". Application Insights sends canned emails that cannot be customized.

The suggestion is therefore to provide a way to customize more aspects of the mail being sent during alerting. Especially to be able to send a different subject or body on site down vs. site up.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alert metric Average Response Time does not graph right AND/OR I am getting false sent alerts frequently

Alerts for a sites average response time are constantly hit and there is no conditions to be found... I'd presume its my own ignorance, but the graph says all is well and New Relic says the same when comparing apples to apples. Which leads me to suspect as a tool looking at the past 5 mins as a threshold be is 3, 10, or 60... its simply being thrown constantly and not actually accurate.

See attached. The graphs are showing no such data occurrence. Yet the alerts keep firing off.

Let me know if you need more info. Happy to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to configure alerting service windows in Application Insights

Please add the ability to configure service windows in AppInsights Alerting. We provide some services to customers in timeframes that are not 24/7, for example 10x7 or 8x5 (Business Hours). I would like to supress alerts that occur outside these services windows and provide uptime reports for our services within those service windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There should be a custom JSON payload option for Application Insights alerts.

There should be a custom JSON payload option for Application Insights alerts.

it's not actually currently possible to use the custom JSON payload option for Application Insights alerts. It's only possible for Log Analytics alerts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure Alerts - Notification Interval

As of now, an activated alert is only fired once per incident. The alert stays in the 'fired' state until it gets resolved. No further activated alerts are send out during this period.

It would be great to have a notification interval option for an alert which enables user to specify the frequency of notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need the ability to receive email alerts with new O365 Risk Events

Need the ability to receive email alerts with new O365 Risk Events

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. able to query the triggered alert list

At the moment, you can only use the Monitor -Alerts as location to see triggered alerts. This is very limited.
    If the triggered alert list would be accessable (and able to query), this would provide many benefits:
    - Visualize specific alert statistics and pin them to dashboards!
    - Get more details of a specific triggered alert ( like what was the current value<->threshold, all details that are in the Json file)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add text property to webhook payload to allow easy integration with Microsoft Teams

Microsoft could then provide a desciptive text message, that explain the alert, which could be used directly in Teams and Slack etc. This would save consumers from i.e. having to create Logic apps to format the message for it to work with teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API and Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support Multi-Action Alert rule specification in single Activity Log resource

Currently I have to create three activity log alert resources to monitor start/stop/restart of a virtual machine.. it would be great and simplify/ease the life of Azure admin's if multi action activity log alert is made available

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base