Azure Monitor- Alert Management

Azure Alert Management provides a unified alerting experience across all Azure monitoring services including but not limited to Azure Monitor (Metrics and Activity Logs), Application Insights and OMS Log Analytics with support for third party services coming in future.
Azure Alert Management provides features such as alert correlation and state management.
This forum is to discuss anything related to alerting in Azure.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To enable/disable Alert Rule add new Powershell CmdLet

We often have the need to enable or disable Alert Rules programatically with powershell. It seems there is no real cmdLet to set properties of Alert Rules.
    In the powershell documentation of Alerts Rules I posted a script with a workarround to enable/disable/toggle alert rules.
    Issue can be found here: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/5284
    The documentation team liked the feedback to create a new CmdLet for this.

Proposal: Set-AzureRmMetricAlertRule to change properties (ie. description, enabled etc.)

P.S.
    Official documentation can be found here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/monitoring-and-diagnostics/insights-powershell-samples#create-metric-alerts

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  API and Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  API and Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Action group webhooks - Ability to view POST result

It would be useful to have the ability to see the result of a webhook POST.
    By seeing the status code and message of the webhook, you can determine if the message has been delivered, and cut down on your troubleshooting time, in the event of missing alerts/messages.

I've recently had a scenario where I was trying to send Azure monitor alerts via webhook to Pagerduty. The alerts wasn't arriving, and I was also unable to determine to root cause of the issue.
    Fortunately the issue was resolved eventually without intervention on my side.

By having the ability to see…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API and Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add text property to webhook payload to allow easy integration with Microsoft Teams

Microsoft could then provide a desciptive text message, that explain the alert, which could be used directly in Teams and Slack etc. This would save consumers from i.e. having to create Logic apps to format the message for it to work with teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow alerts to be triggered thru Logic Apps, Functions or Custom Applications

Allow alerts to be triggered thru Logic Apps, Fucntions or Custom Applications.

in our case , many monitoring fucntions are creating alerts and posting it to third party system. We r thinking use Azure Alert and Action Groups but can trigger Alerts from Fucntions..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. While making changes to Alert state via Rest API calls , there should be option to add / pass Description feild along with the Request

While making changes to Alert state via Rest API calls , there should be option to add / pass Description feild along with the Request

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Complete the json payload for Activity Logs Alerts

In the Activity Logs Alert paylod, there is no field for retrieve the alert rule name. Is this planned ?
    Besides, the field "description" doesn't return the value provided in the Alert rule portal... bug ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base