Azure Monitor- Alert Management

Azure Alert Management provides a unified alerting experience across all Azure monitoring services including but not limited to Azure Monitor (Metrics and Activity Logs), Application Insights and OMS Log Analytics with support for third party services coming in future.
Azure Alert Management provides features such as alert correlation and state management.
This forum is to discuss anything related to alerting in Azure.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add scheduled log search query alert at specific time

We used to configure log search based alerts that done one check diary (period of 1440 and frequency of 1440 )
    . For example; backup jobs checks, ADFA
    activities and pipelines runs and any other log based check you must need.
    If I want those alerts fire at 08:00 o'clock I must set up the alert at 08:00h. This works fine.
    It would be great we could set the exact time to launch the query like cron
    or scheduled.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graph Usage Monitoring

our organisation has so many different units, keeping track of what each team/project/app may be doing with Graph is not practical without tools in Azure. If we hit throttling limits, there's currently no way of knowing which person/tool/app has caused it. A graph usage monitor showing what end points, sources were being hit in what frequency would mean we could stop rogue apps from impacting our business.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add ability to Resolve Query Based Alert

Hi. As for today, query based alert cannot be Resolved at all. Not manually and not by a "good" result. For example, a metric measurement alert rule Fired alert when "Greater Then 10". When the result is less or equal than 10, alert should be Resolved.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support the creation of dynamic threshold alerts for Custom Log Queries from the portal

At the moment only Metrics support dynamic thresholds. I have been waiting for this for months! You can do this with DataDog or NewRelic long time ago..

Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sequenced voice call notification for azure monitor alerts

I have some customers who currently use a voice call notification to monitor their on-premises systems, and they would like to use it in their cloud systems as well. Such customers registered several phone numbers to an action group to notify the issue to their several stakeholders. In this case, they hope to sequentially get a voice call notifications because they wonder if they missed some critical alerts. Thus, it would be nice if the voice call could be notified sequentially.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure Monitor VM Insights Monitor Service Filter rule creation for Mail Trigger not available

VM Insights alerts, as this monitoring service is not present in filters of action rule the actions which we are trying to create proactive mail trigger alert for OS monitoring captured alert

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Manage Action Rules via automation tools

Action rules are great, but I don't see any documentation on how to manage them via CLI, ARM template, and/or Azure PowerShell. This is important so we can update action rules as part of our deployment process. Currently, every time we add a new resource group, it requires action rules to be updated, as different groups of engineers are responsible for different resource groups. This is something that can easily be forgotten, and as such, the ability to manage it programmatically is important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add dynamic alerts for resources without having to create that resource first.

It should be possible to create an alert for future workloads. Currently we can't create a dynamic alert on SQL CPU usage for example. And this is per region we have to create if we want dynamic. If we are preparing a new environment for customers we should not have to create dummy resources just to add an alert.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add SMS Alert for Philippine Users

Hi

Would appreciate to add SMS alert for PH users. It's only available for some countries.

TIA

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to Add field in Incident Table to get effected resource name

Hi Team

we are getting stucked in development of our Service-Now Databse as we need Effected Resource Name in Incident Table of Service-Now which was connected to Log Analystics, Currently we are only Getting some Unique ID for every CI in CMDB Database

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically resolve alerts with configurable criteria

It doesn't appear to be possible to automatically resolve alerts based on a configurable criteria (e.g. the alert has not been triggered for X period). This would be immensely useful for certain alerting scenarios.

For example, I have an alert which triggers when updates are available for managed Windows servers using a log search condition and email action. Once the updates are installed, the alert will no longer trigger, but the alert is still active in a "New" state unless it's manually closed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Managing Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: Switching Log Alert API Preference Changes All Alert Rule Names to GUIDs

Followed this guidance:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/alerts-log-api-switch#process-of-switching-from-legacy-log-alerts-api

Seemed safe enough, but this part is totally incorrect:
    The process of moving alert rules from legacy Log Analytics Alert API does not involve changing your alert definition, query, or configuration in any way. Your alert rules and monitoring are unaffected and the alerts will not stop or be stalled, during or after the switch. The only change is a change in API preference and access to your rules via a new API.

The process of switching the API preference resulted in all of our Alert Rule names being changed to some combination of GUIDs, completely…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Suppress "From now" for a configurable amount of time instead of "Always"

It would be great to be able to have a From Now suppression that would auto-disable after a configurable amount of time to re-enable the alerting automatically. There are options for configurable Endtimes for suppressions but those also start at specific times. I want to be able to easily Suppress something that I know is going on now, maybe for an hour, or 24 hours, and have it automatically re-enable, without needing to go edit the Action Rule settings each time to configure the time range each time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Managing Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ADF Alerts & metrics for only failed

Right now, if I configure an alert under 'Alerts & metrics' for 'Failed pipeline runs metrics'. This means I need to get notification only when pipeline get failed, and it work as expected, true.

But it also send notification for resolved. It is kind of misguided notification. Because no-one resolved that pipeline issue.

For now there is no way I can configure an alert which notify my developers only when pipeline gets failed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. While creating the Azure Alerts, there should be an option to select “12 Hours (720 minutes) , 18 Hours” as Period .

While creating the Azure Alerts, there should be an option to select “12 Hours (720 minutes) , 18 Hours” as Period .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow renaming of alerts

I should be able to rename my alerts. It is beyond belief to me that the name is immutable. I have to hope my colleagues chose exactly the right name as they create an alert, matching the pattern set for other alerts. Seriously, the name of ANYTHING should be easily editable as noone ever gets names correctly the first time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Alert Rules to be set at the Management Group Level

For scenarios where users need to configure Alert Rules targeting multiple subscriptions, and other large scale scenarios, it would be useful to have the possibility of creating an Alert Rule at the Management Group Level.

Right now Alert Rules can only be created against a Single Subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I would like to view the impacted resources from an Alert in my push notification.

Whenever I check the alert from Azure app, there is no info for impacted resources, so it would be more helpful to show impacted resources info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow webhooks to authenticate via authentication headers

CUrrently, providing the tokenID of the webhook in the alert URI is not the most secure method of posting - we would like to be able to use authorization headers to authenticate against our webhook and also identify the source of the post.

Having tokens in the url is really poor as typically logging software will log the request path + parameters (meaning the tokenID will be exposed),

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base