Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Monitor- Alert Management

Azure Alert Management provides a unified alerting experience across all Azure monitoring services including but not limited to Azure Monitor (Metrics and Activity Logs), Application Insights and OMS Log Analytics with support for third party services coming in future.
Azure Alert Management provides features such as alert correlation and state management.
This forum is to discuss anything related to alerting in Azure.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Alerts using different time formats (like CEST)

If you use Alerts form Log Analytics for custom logs which are using a timestamp as a delimiter there is a worng concerter of the time format.
    1) the log files are read by log analytics
    2) the timestamp is in cest format and log analytics is using only UTC
    3) alerts are working on utc timeformat also
    4) we have a delay of 2 hours in our alerts because UTC +2hours = our CEST time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Role Assignment

I want to create an e-mail alert whenever Role Assignments are created/modified at the subscription level without using PIM. If anyone has done this or knows how to do it please let me know. I have created numerous alerts during testing (i.e. by doing the action then using the log entry in the activity log to create the alert etc.) but the action doesn't trigger an e-mail alert. (I have used the same action groups that work for other alerts at lower resource group/VM level successfully)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add New Zealands country code 64 for action group SMS alerts

Add New Zealands country code 64 for action group SMS alerts as currently the only option if for members to get emails and we have to sign up to pay for a 3rd party application to get the SMS functionality we need. Would like to have this all handed in Azure in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow automatic deactivation of Custom LogSearch Alerts

We would like to see is to have a way to automatically deactivate custom Log Search alerts when the alert condition stops being true. For instance, if we define an alert as a Custom Log Search with the following query:

requests
    | where resultCode == “404”

Where threshold is greater than 100, when the number of 404 goes above 100, then the alert system sends an activation request and once the number of 404 goes below 100, then it sends a deactivation request. That should allow for a new parameter so it can be injected in a custom JSON webhook…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 'Run Now' on Rules Management defintion

While configuring an alert in the 'Rules Management' blade, it would be useful to 'Run now' which would trigger the alert, perhaps with sample payload for fields that would be calculated by a query / metric.

This would be useful to ensure that the setup of the alert and any actions groups defined are correctly triggered - particularly for cases with web hook integrations and any downstream systems.

This would allow a quick sense check + give the user confidence that any integration they have defined is going to be triggered correctly when data triggers the rule

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support #applicationname in custom payload

Add support for Application Insights instance name, for example through #applicationname, similar to #applicationid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Would love all alerts in Azure to be picked up by SCOM Azure management pack.

Would love all alerts in Azure to be picked up by SCOM Azure management pack.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to alert based off Shared Query

While the alerting capability of App Insights has been fleshed out in recent months, I'd like the ability to alert based off a Shared Query, instead of having to re-enter the query as part of my alert. That way, if the query changes, I will only need to update in one place instead of risking that my shared query gets out of sync with my alert query.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need a greater timesnap period for Custom Log alerts

We have a situation where we have an in-frequent event being logged into application insights, for example over the couse of a week you might expect one event to be tracked.

When setting up an alert for this event I can currently create an alert in application insights and base it on a custom log search, my problem now is that under the section 'Evaluated based on' I cannot select a period over 24 hours. This means throughtout the week i will keep getting false alerts.

Unless im missing something this now becomes a very limiting service unless you have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change metric based alerts that trigger over a rolling window to bar chart

I've noticed that alert conditions set to trigger when an Azure function fails multiple times over the course of a specified Period, don't actually trigger. That and the chart to help depict the condition doesn't represent the actual condition (alert_ex.png).

A bar chart may be a better representation (alert_propsed.png). Plus the alerts don't trigger based on the threshold, since they would never reach the threshold according to the current chart.

Let me know if more info is needed.
    Thx,
    Jemaal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. one activity log alert for the multiple subscriptions

I have number of subscription. And I'd like to have one activity log alert that serve all of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Configuring Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base